![]() |
This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity. | |||||
| The Forum | Parts and Services | Unofficial Allis Store | Tractor Shows | Serial Numbers | History | |
Arland leppee auction |
Post Reply
|
Page 12> |
| Author | ||
dr p
Orange Level
Joined: 24 Feb 2019 Location: new york Points: 1683 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Topic: Arland leppee auctionPosted: 28 May 2026 at 5:25am |
|
|
Anybody going? And if anyone here is bidding on the cylinder stand, i am out.
|
||
![]() |
||
| Sponsored Links | ||
![]() |
||
IBWD MIke
Orange Level
Joined: 08 Apr 2012 Location: Newton Ia. Points: 4436 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 28 May 2026 at 6:35am |
|
|
I'll be there, with 3 other Mikes.
|
||
![]() |
||
Mikez
Orange Level Access
Joined: 16 Jan 2013 Location: Usa Points: 9028 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 28 May 2026 at 7:18am |
|
|
Anyone have the link to auction
|
||
![]() |
||
Kenny L.
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Location: NEIOWA Points: 1432 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 28 May 2026 at 9:15am |
|
|
Mike, type in hibidallischalmershubbardiowa then look for Gerry VandeVorde
Edited by Kenny L. - 28 May 2026 at 9:17am |
||
![]() |
||
dr p
Orange Level
Joined: 24 Feb 2019 Location: new york Points: 1683 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 29 May 2026 at 6:15pm |
|
|
Post some pictures if you could please. I really wanted to go(even bid on something) but can't find anyone to milk
|
||
![]() |
||
CA13414
Silver Level
Joined: 25 Feb 2024 Location: Nebraska Points: 407 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 29 May 2026 at 7:13pm |
|
|
Thanks for the link.. Made a couple of bids online.
|
||
|
Helping the aged survive and thrive! 1953 CA
|
||
![]() |
||
deadeye
Bronze Level
Joined: 09 Jun 2012 Location: Butler Co. IA Points: 13 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 29 May 2026 at 9:42pm |
|
|
I know a lot of AC men will be there, going for the fellowship and to see his collection one last time. Arlan is a heck of a nice guy. Hope to see some of you there!
|
||
![]() |
||
dr p
Orange Level
Joined: 24 Feb 2019 Location: new york Points: 1683 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 30 May 2026 at 6:46pm |
|
|
Bought the nos cylinder bars. Now just need to figure how to get them home.
|
||
![]() |
||
nickia
Orange Level
Joined: 11 Sep 2009 Location: alden iowa Points: 801 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 30 May 2026 at 7:06pm |
|
|
Where is home?
|
||
![]() |
||
ToddnwIl
Silver Level
Joined: 07 May 2013 Location: Illinois Points: 323 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 30 May 2026 at 7:34pm |
|
|
Is there any place to see what things brought?
|
||
![]() |
||
powertech84
Silver Level
Joined: 17 Oct 2009 Location: Wisconsin Points: 494 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:09pm |
|
|
Hibid shows results. If they are accurate, id say prices were very soft.
|
||
![]() |
||
Don(MI)
Orange Level
Joined: 15 Sep 2009 Location: Michigan Points: 4002 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:18pm |
|
|
Looks like the "buys" of the sale were the WCs restored for up to $2,000, the wd45s, and the all crop with Corn head for $900...
It's all on hi bid website. I don't understand what happened to the Special tractor, looks like after $70k it then got bid back in? Don't know, just reading the bids on hi bid. Could be reading it wrong. |
||
|
Galatians 5:22-24
"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!" |
||
![]() |
||
Jordan(OH)
Orange Level
Joined: 11 Sep 2009 Location: Celina, OH Points: 1589 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:14am |
|
|
https://hibid.com/lot/302371925/allis-chalmers-suitcase-weight-locks?ref=catalog
$260 just for the locks? |
||
![]() |
||
dr p
Orange Level
Joined: 24 Feb 2019 Location: new york Points: 1683 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:15am |
|
|
I am in trumansburg ny. Think i will contact arland on Monday and see if he can hold them until i can make arrangements for the cows. I have enough stuff i need to pick up in the midwest and i have never been to the gathering of the orange.
Sale took forever. Seven hours i think. Might have been better off just to sell the shipping stuff online only. Then the big stuff live |
||
![]() |
||
rtwfarm
Orange Level
Joined: 26 Feb 2012 Location: nebraska Points: 1389 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:25am |
|
|
Yes locks were cheap. They are over 200 ea new
|
||
![]() |
||
IBWD MIke
Orange Level
Joined: 08 Apr 2012 Location: Newton Ia. Points: 4436 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:51am |
|
Some of the tractor prices may have been a little soft but overall prices were very strong, for the seller. The memorabilia especially. $10,250 for the IB? Wow!! Yes it was very nice, but 10 grand??? Check I wrote was $375, over half of that was for plow shares. Also got an unused cutting edge for an Oxnard blade. The 20-35 got to $130,000 and stalled out. Arland no-sale'd it. The original owner's grandson was there, think he had the hi bid. Will be interesting to see if they make a deal.
Sale started at 09:00, we finally got in the truck and headed home at 08:00, they were still selling stuff then! It was a great time, kind of like a family reunion before Hutch. Talked to Creston quite a bit, going to have to try hard to make it to Cotton days this fall. |
||
![]() |
||
wjohn
Orange Level
Joined: 19 Jan 2010 Location: KS Points: 2609 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 7:38am |
|
|
If you want to lose a bunch of money, restore a WC and try to sell it. There is just no market for them unless they're one of the first ones or some other rare/special situation. The WD45s went for what I see running WD45s sell for at auctions around here.
dr p, I haven't done much digging but I am not sure if anyone is currently making the cylinder bars? They used to be available aftermarket... If they're not anymore, it would be nice if they were made available again. I know there are companies that recoat mower-conditioner crimper rollers and such but I'm not sure if that is a similar enough process to how these bars would be made. Would be great if you can make it to the Orange Spectacular in MN in July! Mike, that is crazy on the 20-35 Special and then to not sell! I saw a couple of other items online that seem to have not sold. I was surprised at the price of one of the Gleaner literature lots and a few other things. The All-Crop Harvesters and related equipment all sold for about what I expected, so that part of things seemed fairly average.
|
||
|
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
||
![]() |
||
chad shafer
Bronze Level
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Location: Greenville,Ohio Points: 55 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 4:24pm |
|
|
Prices of this stuff is getting very Crazy. Even though it didnt sell for the $130,000 , that is getting out of reach for most of us. I was going to bid on literature & glad i didnt. People are bidding Stupid prices on this stuff. I am a Allis Chalmers Lover , been all my life. I will Never be able to buy any of this Literature the way people bid Stupid High prices just to get this stuff. For $the 130,000 + you could buy a Oilpull . There is Nothing Special about a 20-35 to pay that amount of money. People like my self who are on a limited budget would not have had a Chance to buy a whole lot of nothing at those prices. Unless you have a big wallet you cant spend alot to buy anything big with the buyers premium that they had. It was nice to watch online. Would have been nice to buy.
|
||
![]() |
||
dr p
Orange Level
Joined: 24 Feb 2019 Location: new york Points: 1683 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:02pm |
|
|
It only takes two morons, chad. I sold a Guernsey heifer with no pedigree two years ago for 27,000. Cuz two idiots both wanted her and didn't like each other. Did i mention she came in last at madison.
|
||
![]() |
||
dr p
Orange Level
Joined: 24 Feb 2019 Location: new york Points: 1683 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:03pm |
|
|
Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where
|
||
![]() |
||
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23555 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:34pm |
|
|
I'm going from memory here, but most all of the books and literature sold about right. I have a fairly extensive collection already and Arland had nothing I didn't already have, so I didn't bid. The 7000 sold pretty well I think, as did the D-19. The WD-45's sold for what they were worth I think. The "IB" sold really well!!! I had an RC years ago just about as nice as his, and would have been happy with $2600 bucks. The Super "100" combine sold well. I just couldn't see many of those pull-type combines being worth booo-cooo bucks and they (in the end) really weren't. I'm going to guess they thought each combine would bring $2500 or more and that didn't even come close.
|
||
![]() |
||
wjohn
Orange Level
Joined: 19 Jan 2010 Location: KS Points: 2609 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:26pm |
|
|
I would say the earliest pull-type combine went higher than I would have expected. It wasn't a very early first year one or anything. And I had no clue what to expect out of the Super 100, so that was interesting to see the final price for online.
Hauling/location is a huge factor with the combines, of course. I'd have bid on the 60A or small bin 66 for what they sold for, if they'd been within tow-home distance.
|
||
|
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
||
![]() |
||
wjohn
Orange Level
Joined: 19 Jan 2010 Location: KS Points: 2609 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:27pm |
|
Edited by wjohn - 31 May 2026 at 6:28pm |
||
|
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
||
![]() |
||
Nathan (SD)
Orange Level
Joined: 11 Sep 2009 Location: Day County SD Points: 1322 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 31 May 2026 at 11:29pm |
|
|
I figured the LaPorte WD would bring double what it did.
Even with the 15% premium that is still under $2000 |
||
![]() |
||
IBWD MIke
Orange Level
Joined: 08 Apr 2012 Location: Newton Ia. Points: 4436 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 5:10am |
|
|
[QUOTE=wjohn]If you want to lose a bunch of money, restore a WC and try to sell it. There is just no market for them unless they're one of the first ones or some other rare/special situation.
This is just a fact! I thought they sold really high compared to what I see other WC's go for. Make no mistake, the paint was really nice and they ran well but WC's just don't bring big money. I would have loved to have that IB! Problem is, it would just sit. I could drive it in a parade or take it to a show, that's about it. I like tractors I can get out and use in the dirt!
Edited by IBWD MIke - 01 Jun 2026 at 5:13am |
||
![]() |
||
AC7060IL
Orange Level
Joined: 19 Aug 2012 Location: central IL Points: 3794 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 12:03pm |
|
|
Anyone know which running gear was under the AC Barge /hoist 6~1/2’ x 12’ wagon?
Hibid had a pic of its hoist ID badge, but not one for its running gear? Edited by AC7060IL - 01 Jun 2026 at 12:04pm |
||
![]() |
||
Michael Crowe
Orange Level
Joined: 11 Sep 2009 Location: Kansas City Points: 1752 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 3:40pm |
|
|
i don’t have the specific number but it had wide tires and 6 bolts wheels and the spindles were the heavier beefy ones. i looked at the front real close. the hoist was AC but it had been bent and poorly welded..
|
||
|
The 15th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 6-7, 2026. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
|
||
![]() |
||
McAllis
Bronze Level
Joined: 01 Mar 2015 Location: 50265 Points: 19 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 7:30pm |
|
|
What did the 7010 bring?
|
||
![]() |
||
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23555 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 7:48pm |
|
|
Black 7000, not a 7010. $16K I think.
|
||
![]() |
||
CrestonM
Orange Level
Joined: 08 Sep 2014 Location: Oklahoma Points: 8493 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 04 Jun 2026 at 8:20am |
|
In February I contacted him about bars and they are available, but they’re $1,090/set plus shipping. I was thinking about threshing some Lima beans but I’m not sure I’ll make enough off the gig to make a dent in the cost of the bars. Mike, it was good talking to you at the auction! Always a good time getting to catch up with old friends and make new ones. As was said, it seemed all the literature went very high. A lot of the tractors and combines disappointed me, but my trailer was filling up quick and I wasn’t going to make two trips. Interesting to say, of his 12 combines, 6 found new homes here in western Oklahoma. I bought two (60A with windrow pick up and the camel back) and a guy about 20 minutes north of me bought a big bin 66, 72, 90, and SP100. They had a few old combines already and they have young grandchildren who have taken a liking to it all, so I’m glad they’re going to a good home. I also know the gentleman who bought the Super 100, he’ll take good care of it. The threshing machine really surprised a lot of people at $17k, but it was about $20k with the online buyers premium. It went to Pennsylvania. Edited by CrestonM - 04 Jun 2026 at 8:36am |
||
![]() |
||
Post Reply
|
Page 12> |
|
Tweet
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |