Arland leppee auction
Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211206
Printed Date: 03 Oct 2026 at 11:52am Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Topic: Arland leppee auction
Posted By: dr p
Subject: Arland leppee auction
Date Posted: 28 May 2026 at 5:25am
|
Anybody going? And if anyone here is bidding on the cylinder stand, i am out.
|
Replies:
Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 28 May 2026 at 6:35am
|
I'll be there, with 3 other Mikes.
|
Posted By: Mikez
Date Posted: 28 May 2026 at 7:18am
|
Anyone have the link to auction
|
Posted By: Kenny L.
Date Posted: 28 May 2026 at 9:15am
|
Mike, type in hibidallischalmershubbardiowa then look for Gerry VandeVorde https://hibid.com/company/150148/bid-n-buy-auctioneering" rel="nofollow - https://hibid.com/company/150148/bid-n-buy-auctioneering
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 29 May 2026 at 6:15pm
|
Post some pictures if you could please. I really wanted to go(even bid on something) but can't find anyone to milk
|
Posted By: CA13414
Date Posted: 29 May 2026 at 7:13pm
Thanks for the link.. Made a couple of bids online.
------------- Helping the aged survive and thrive! 1953 CA
|
Posted By: deadeye
Date Posted: 29 May 2026 at 9:42pm
|
I know a lot of AC men will be there, going for the fellowship and to see his collection one last time. Arlan is a heck of a nice guy. Hope to see some of you there!
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 30 May 2026 at 6:46pm
|
Bought the nos cylinder bars. Now just need to figure how to get them home.
|
Posted By: nickia
Date Posted: 30 May 2026 at 7:06pm
Posted By: ToddnwIl
Date Posted: 30 May 2026 at 7:34pm
|
Is there any place to see what things brought?
|
Posted By: powertech84
Date Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:09pm
|
Hibid shows results. If they are accurate, id say prices were very soft.
|
Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:18pm
Looks like the "buys" of the sale were the WCs restored for up to $2,000, the wd45s, and the all crop with Corn head for $900...
It's all on hi bid website.
I don't understand what happened to the Special tractor, looks like after $70k it then got bid back in? Don't know, just reading the bids on hi bid. Could be reading it wrong.
------------- Galatians 5:22-24
"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
|
Posted By: Jordan(OH)
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:14am
https://hibid.com/lot/302371925/allis-chalmers-suitcase-weight-locks?ref=catalog" rel="nofollow - https://hibid.com/lot/302371925/allis-chalmers-suitcase-weight-locks?ref=catalog
$260 just for the locks?
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:15am
I am in trumansburg ny. Think i will contact arland on Monday and see if he can hold them until i can make arrangements for the cows. I have enough stuff i need to pick up in the midwest and i have never been to the gathering of the orange.
Sale took forever. Seven hours i think. Might have been better off just to sell the shipping stuff online only. Then the big stuff live
|
Posted By: rtwfarm
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:25am
|
Yes locks were cheap. They are over 200 ea new
|
Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:51am
powertech84 wrote:
Hibid shows results. If they are accurate, id say prices were very soft. |
Some of the tractor prices may have been a little soft but overall prices were very strong, for the seller. The memorabilia especially. $10,250 for the IB? Wow!! Yes it was very nice, but 10 grand??? Check I wrote was $375, over half of that was for plow shares. Also got an unused cutting edge for an Oxnard blade. The 20-35 got to $130,000 and stalled out. Arland no-sale'd it. The original owner's grandson was there, think he had the hi bid. Will be interesting to see if they make a deal.
Sale started at 09:00, we finally got in the truck and headed home at 08:00, they were still selling stuff then! It was a great time, kind of like a family reunion before Hutch. Talked to Creston quite a bit, going to have to try hard to make it to Cotton days this fall.
|
Posted By: wjohn
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 7:38am
|
If you want to lose a bunch of money, restore a WC and try to sell it. There is just no market for them unless they're one of the first ones or some other rare/special situation. The WD45s went for what I see running WD45s sell for at auctions around here.
dr p, I haven't done much digging but I am not sure if anyone is currently making the cylinder bars? They used to be available aftermarket... If they're not anymore, it would be nice if they were made available again. I know there are companies that recoat mower-conditioner crimper rollers and such but I'm not sure if that is a similar enough process to how these bars would be made. Would be great if you can make it to the Orange Spectacular in MN in July!
Mike, that is crazy on the 20-35 Special and then to not sell! I saw a couple of other items online that seem to have not sold. I was surprised at the price of one of the Gleaner literature lots and a few other things. The All-Crop Harvesters and related equipment all sold for about what I expected, so that part of things seemed fairly average.
------------- 1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
Posted By: chad shafer
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 4:24pm
|
Prices of this stuff is getting very Crazy. Even though it didnt sell for the $130,000 , that is getting out of reach for most of us. I was going to bid on literature & glad i didnt. People are bidding Stupid prices on this stuff. I am a Allis Chalmers Lover , been all my life. I will Never be able to buy any of this Literature the way people bid Stupid High prices just to get this stuff. For $the 130,000 + you could buy a Oilpull . There is Nothing Special about a 20-35 to pay that amount of money. People like my self who are on a limited budget would not have had a Chance to buy a whole lot of nothing at those prices. Unless you have a big wallet you cant spend alot to buy anything big with the buyers premium that they had. It was nice to watch online. Would have been nice to buy.
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:02pm
|
It only takes two morons, chad. I sold a Guernsey heifer with no pedigree two years ago for 27,000. Cuz two idiots both wanted her and didn't like each other. Did i mention she came in last at madison.
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:03pm
|
Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where
|
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:34pm
|
I'm going from memory here, but most all of the books and literature sold about right. I have a fairly extensive collection already and Arland had nothing I didn't already have, so I didn't bid. The 7000 sold pretty well I think, as did the D-19. The WD-45's sold for what they were worth I think. The "IB" sold really well!!! I had an RC years ago just about as nice as his, and would have been happy with $2600 bucks. The Super "100" combine sold well. I just couldn't see many of those pull-type combines being worth booo-cooo bucks and they (in the end) really weren't. I'm going to guess they thought each combine would bring $2500 or more and that didn't even come close.
|
Posted By: wjohn
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:26pm
|
I would say the earliest pull-type combine went higher than I would have expected. It wasn't a very early first year one or anything. And I had no clue what to expect out of the Super 100, so that was interesting to see the final price for online.
Hauling/location is a huge factor with the combines, of course. I'd have bid on the 60A or small bin 66 for what they sold for, if they'd been within tow-home distance.
------------- 1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
Posted By: wjohn
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:27pm
dr p wrote:
Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where |
That is unfortunate. He must not be able to sell them for what it costs to have a place manufacture new ones or re-rubber originals.
------------- 1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
Posted By: Nathan (SD)
Date Posted: 31 May 2026 at 11:29pm
I figured the LaPorte WD would bring double what it did.
Even with the 15% premium that is still under $2000
|
Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 5:10am
|
[QUOTE=wjohn]If you want to lose a bunch of money, restore a WC and try to sell it. There is just no market for them unless they're one of the first ones or some other rare/special situation.
This is just a fact! I thought they sold really high compared to what I see other WC's go for. Make no mistake, the paint was really nice and they ran well but WC's just don't bring big money.
I would have loved to have that IB! Problem is, it would just sit. I could drive it in a parade or take it to a show, that's about it. I like tractors I can get out and use in the dirt!
|
Posted By: AC7060IL
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 12:03pm
Anyone know which running gear was under the AC Barge /hoist 6~1/2’ x 12’ wagon? Hibid had a pic of its hoist ID badge, but not one for its running gear?
|
Posted By: Michael Crowe
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 3:40pm
i don’t have the specific number but it had wide tires and 6 bolts wheels and the spindles were the heavier beefy ones. i looked at the front real close. the hoist was AC but it had been bent and poorly welded..
------------- The 15th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 6-7, 2026. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
|
Posted By: McAllis
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 7:30pm
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 7:48pm
|
Black 7000, not a 7010. $16K I think.
|
Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2026 at 8:20am
wjohn wrote:
dr p wrote:
Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where |
That is unfortunate. He must not be able to sell them for what it costs to have a place manufacture new ones or re-rubber originals.
| In February I contacted him about bars and they are available, but they’re $1,090/set plus shipping. I was thinking about threshing some Lima beans but I’m not sure I’ll make enough off the gig to make a dent in the cost of the bars.
Mike, it was good talking to you at the auction! Always a good time getting to catch up with old friends and make new ones.
As was said, it seemed all the literature went very high. A lot of the tractors and combines disappointed me, but my trailer was filling up quick and I wasn’t going to make two trips. Interesting to say, of his 12 combines, 6 found new homes here in western Oklahoma. I bought two (60A with windrow pick up and the camel back) and a guy about 20 minutes north of me bought a big bin 66, 72, 90, and SP100. They had a few old combines already and they have young grandchildren who have taken a liking to it all, so I’m glad they’re going to a good home. I also know the gentleman who bought the Super 100, he’ll take good care of it. The threshing machine really surprised a lot of people at $17k, but it was about $20k with the online buyers premium. It went to Pennsylvania.
|
Posted By: wjohn
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2026 at 5:58pm
|
Yep, you would definitely need to have a justification for having the rubber bars at that price. If you did have a special crop with a market, that's doable though.
I'm glad to hear you got that 60A... We practically have twins now. It looks like yours even has the drive pulley for the straw spreader, too.
------------- 1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2026 at 8:30pm
|
Yep! Both of those combines I got are set up for spreaders, and I just happened to get 2 spreaders in the parts lots I bought, so now I'm set. I think it's really neat the camel back has the brackets in place because they're completely different from the later 60 brackets. I've seen about 6 camel backs here in western Oklahoma and all were mid-1937 serials except one, which was a 1936. I've never heard rumors of a 1935 in anyone's bone pile, but maybe someday one will show up. Unfortunately, all the ones I've seen here were pretty well stripped of usable parts and looked like something large and heavy fell across the back of them, so I was really glad to get one that is already in good shape.
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2026 at 5:15am
|
I have an extra drive pulley if you need one. Glad to hear he still has some cylinder bars. His web site says nla
|
Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2026 at 8:21am
Really wanted to go to this one . Parts is what I would have been after. Sure it was a long day for Arland . My father said it only takes 2 fools to make for good prices at an Auction. Glad that his collection is going to good homes . That was a long day Mike, Glad you could take a couple things home Creston.
------------- You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails
1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
|
Posted By: wjohn
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2026 at 1:25pm
Creston when you get into that combine be sure to start a thread. I'm curious what your plans are for it and it's always neat to see those older ones. The design is so similar but everything is a little different. I have a couple of manuals from 1936-1937. My 1937 is still hanging out in my yard waiting on me to find another parts unit to make one good one.
------------- 1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2026 at 6:47pm
|
Spoke with the auctioneer from the sale today. Why is everyone in the midwest so pleasant compared to the jerks back east
|
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2026 at 6:53pm
|
I quote my Mother: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say ANYTHING at all".
|
Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2026 at 6:59pm
wjohn wrote:
Creston when you get into that combine be sure to start a thread. I'm curious what your plans are for it and it's always neat to see those older ones. The design is so similar but everything is a little different. I have a couple of manuals from 1936-1937. My 1937 is still hanging out in my yard waiting on me to find another parts unit to make one good one. | Will do! From what I can see, it shouldn’t take much, if any, work. As far as the plans for it? Pair it with my 1937 Oliver 70 and run a few acres of wheat through it every year. Hopefully if we can catch some summer rains, we’ll be able to cut milo with it at my Allis show this fall.
|
Posted By: JimIA
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2026 at 10:31pm
|
It was sure fun to make it to the auction. I admit I am incredibly mad at myself for not bidding on the corn head combine but I had a limited budget and was holding out on a few other items. If I knew then what I know now, it would have sold for a bit more.
I did buy the cylinder stand and it ended up in Minnesota where it will be displayed at the Orange Spectacular.
Jim
------------- An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
|
Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2026 at 6:24am
|
It was good talking to you there Jim. Glad you got the stand!
|
Posted By: AC7060IL
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2026 at 8:40pm
dr p wrote:
Spoke with the auctioneer from the sale today. Why is everyone in the midwest so pleasant compared to the jerks back east | The weather alone in the Midwest, could kill you. And thats during any of its 4 seasons…. Rapid Cold fronts, hail, wind, lightning, heavy rains, twisters, subzero temps, snow, high humidity, sweltering heat, etc…. if you couple it’s weather alongside isolation due to the less populous areas, then most folks here will wave at anybody~even strangers. Rural Midwest is usually full of great folks too that are probably more at peace/happy. So if you were born & raised in the Midwest, you’ve probably got a readily available inherent observation opportunity. And until proven otherwise, the “benefit of doubt” is usually bestowed towards most if not all folks in need…
|
Posted By: TomYaz
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2026 at 5:57am
wjohn wrote:
dr p, I haven't done much digging but I am not sure if anyone is currently making the cylinder bars? They used to be available aftermarket...
|
I have them made. allcropharvester.com
------------- If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
|
Posted By: TomYaz
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2026 at 5:59am
dr p wrote:
Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where |
Say what? I have had them available for years.... http://www.allcropharvester.com" rel="nofollow - www.allcropharvester.com
------------- If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
|
Posted By: TomYaz
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2026 at 6:04am
|
I see now it was corrected....yes they are @@!! expensive...and it aint because of my markup!...i tell customers that if they are not doing small seeds, worn down bars can go far provided they are not bent or have chunks of rubber missing....but thats the case with stuff like this...limited need means high per piece produiction costs...I recently had to start making concave bars as AGCO stopped selling them...had to buy 100 minimum...naturally price is higher. Working on the seperator slip clutch,,,waiting for the casting to get back for machining...Cost me over $100 per unit and thats before machineing costs....but what I like to mention, if no one has the part, it cant be bought at any price.
I have a facebook page to post latest stuff...in the small chance somethings happening LOL! https://www.facebook.com/AllCropHarvester/" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/AllCropHarvester/
------------- If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2026 at 8:22pm
|
Tom, i kid you not. Your website says you no longer carry the bars but lists a salvage yard in the midwest who "might" have some. I am not trying to be a jackass but it says that
|
Posted By: TomYaz
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2026 at 8:51pm
No worries doc. Can you post the link to the offending passage?
------------- If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
|
Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2026 at 6:25am
|