This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Arland leppee auction

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Location: new york
Points: 1683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arland leppee auction
    Posted: 28 May 2026 at 5:25am
Anybody going? And if anyone here is bidding on the cylinder stand, i am out.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Location: Newton Ia.
Points: 4436
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2026 at 6:35am
I'll be there, with 3 other Mikes.
Back to Top
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Location: Usa
Points: 9028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2026 at 7:18am
Anyone have the link to auction 
Back to Top
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: NEIOWA
Points: 1432
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2026 at 9:15am
Mike, type in hibidallischalmershubbardiowa then look for Gerry VandeVorde

Edited by Kenny L. - 28 May 2026 at 9:17am
Back to Top
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Location: new york
Points: 1683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2026 at 6:15pm
Post some pictures if you could please. I really wanted to go(even bid on something) but can't find anyone to milk
Back to Top
CA13414 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level
Avatar

Joined: 25 Feb 2024
Location: Nebraska
Points: 407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CA13414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2026 at 7:13pm
Thanks for the link.. Made a couple of bids online.
Helping the aged survive and thrive! 1953 CA
Back to Top
deadeye View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Location: Butler Co. IA
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2026 at 9:42pm
I know a lot of AC men will be there, going for the fellowship and to see his collection one last time.  Arlan is a heck of a nice guy. Hope to see some of you there!
Back to Top
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Location: new york
Points: 1683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2026 at 6:46pm
Bought the nos cylinder bars. Now just need to figure how to get them home.
Back to Top
nickia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: alden iowa
Points: 801
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2026 at 7:06pm
Where is home?
Back to Top
ToddnwIl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level


Joined: 07 May 2013
Location: Illinois
Points: 323
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddnwIl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2026 at 7:34pm
Is there any place to see what things brought?
Back to Top
powertech84 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Points: 494
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powertech84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:09pm
Hibid shows results. If they are accurate, id say prices were very soft.
Back to Top
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Points: 4002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:18pm
Looks like the "buys" of the sale were the WCs restored for up to $2,000, the wd45s, and the all crop with Corn head for $900...

It's all on hi bid website.

I don't understand what happened to the Special tractor, looks like after $70k it then got bid back in? Don't know, just reading the bids on hi bid. Could be reading it wrong.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Back to Top
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Celina, OH
Points: 1589
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:14am
Back to Top
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Location: new york
Points: 1683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:15am
I am in trumansburg ny. Think i will contact arland on Monday and see if he can hold them until i can make arrangements for the cows. I have enough stuff i need to pick up in the midwest and i have never been to the gathering of the orange.

Sale took forever. Seven hours i think. Might have been better off just to sell the shipping stuff online only. Then the big stuff live
Back to Top
rtwfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Location: nebraska
Points: 1389
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtwfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:25am
Yes locks were cheap. They are over 200 ea new
Back to Top
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Location: Newton Ia.
Points: 4436
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:51am
Originally posted by powertech84 powertech84 wrote:

Hibid shows results. If they are accurate, id say prices were very soft.

Some of the tractor prices may have been a little soft but overall prices were very strong, for the seller. The memorabilia especially. $10,250 for the IB? Wow!! Yes it was very nice, but 10 grand??? Check I wrote was $375, over half of that was for plow shares. Also got an unused cutting edge for an Oxnard blade. The 20-35 got to $130,000 and stalled out. Arland no-sale'd it. The original owner's grandson was there, think he had the hi bid. Will be interesting to see if they make a deal.

Sale started at 09:00, we finally got in the truck and headed home at 08:00, they were still selling stuff then! It was a great time, kind of like a family reunion before Hutch. Talked to Creston quite a bit, going to have to try hard to make it to Cotton days this fall.
Back to Top
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Location: KS
Points: 2609
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 7:38am
If you want to lose a bunch of money, restore a WC and try to sell it. There is just no market for them unless they're one of the first ones or some other rare/special situation. The WD45s went for what I see running WD45s sell for at auctions around here.

dr p, I haven't done much digging but I am not sure if anyone is currently making the cylinder bars? They used to be available aftermarket... If they're not anymore, it would be nice if they were made available again. I know there are companies that recoat mower-conditioner crimper rollers and such but I'm not sure if that is a similar enough process to how these bars would be made. Would be great if you can make it to the Orange Spectacular in MN in July!

Mike, that is crazy on the 20-35 Special and then to not sell! I saw a couple of other items online that seem to have not sold. I was surprised at the price of one of the Gleaner literature lots and a few other things. The All-Crop Harvesters and related equipment all sold for about what I expected, so that part of things seemed fairly average.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Back to Top
chad shafer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Greenville,Ohio
Points: 55
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chad shafer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 4:24pm
Prices of this stuff is getting very Crazy. Even though it didnt sell for the $130,000 , that is getting out of reach for most of us. I was going to bid on literature & glad i didnt. People are bidding Stupid prices on this stuff. I am a Allis Chalmers Lover , been all my life. I will Never be able to buy any of this Literature the way people bid Stupid High prices just to get this stuff. For $the 130,000 + you could buy a Oilpull . There is Nothing Special about a 20-35 to pay that amount of money. People like my self who are on a limited budget would not have had a Chance to buy a whole lot of nothing at those prices. Unless you have a big wallet you cant spend alot to buy anything big with the buyers premium that they had. It was nice to watch online. Would have been nice to buy. 
Back to Top
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Location: new york
Points: 1683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:02pm
It only takes two morons, chad. I sold a Guernsey heifer with no pedigree two years ago for 27,000. Cuz two idiots both wanted her and didn't like each other. Did i mention she came in last at madison.
Back to Top
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Location: new york
Points: 1683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:03pm
Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where
Back to Top
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Points: 23555
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 5:34pm
I'm going from memory here, but most all of the books and literature sold about right. I have a fairly extensive collection already and Arland had nothing I didn't already have, so I didn't bid. The 7000 sold pretty well I think, as did the D-19. The WD-45's sold for what they were worth I think. The "IB" sold really well!!! I had an RC years ago just about as nice as his, and would have been happy with $2600 bucks. The Super "100" combine sold well. I just couldn't see many of those pull-type combines being worth booo-cooo bucks and they (in the end) really weren't. I'm going to guess they thought each combine would bring $2500 or more and that didn't even come close.
Back to Top
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Location: KS
Points: 2609
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:26pm
I would say the earliest pull-type combine went higher than I would have expected. It wasn't a very early first year one or anything. And I had no clue what to expect out of the Super 100, so that was interesting to see the final price for online.

Hauling/location is a huge factor with the combines, of course. I'd have bid on the 60A or small bin 66 for what they sold for, if they'd been within tow-home distance.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Back to Top
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Location: KS
Points: 2609
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where

That is unfortunate. He must not be able to sell them for what it costs to have a place manufacture new ones or re-rubber originals.

Edited by wjohn - 31 May 2026 at 6:28pm
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Back to Top
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Day County SD
Points: 1322
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 11:29pm
I figured the LaPorte WD would bring double what it did.

Even with the 15% premium that is still under $2000
Back to Top
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Location: Newton Ia.
Points: 4436
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 5:10am
[QUOTE=wjohn]If you want to lose a bunch of money, restore a WC and try to sell it. There is just no market for them unless they're one of the first ones or some other rare/special situation. 

This is just a fact! I thought they sold really high compared to what I see other WC's go for. Make no mistake, the paint was really nice and they ran well but WC's just don't bring big money. 

I would have loved to have that IB! Problem is, it would just sit. I could drive it in a parade or take it to a show, that's about it. I like tractors I can get out and use in the dirt!


Edited by IBWD MIke - 01 Jun 2026 at 5:13am
Back to Top
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Location: central IL
Points: 3794
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 12:03pm
Anyone know which running gear was under the AC Barge /hoist 6~1/2’ x 12’ wagon?
Hibid had a pic of its hoist ID badge, but not one for its running gear?

Edited by AC7060IL - 01 Jun 2026 at 12:04pm
Back to Top
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Kansas City
Points: 1752
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 3:40pm
i don’t have the specific number but it had wide tires and 6 bolts wheels and the spindles were the heavier beefy ones. i looked at the front real close. the hoist was AC but it had been bent and poorly welded..
The 15th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 6-7, 2026. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
Back to Top
McAllis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level


Joined: 01 Mar 2015
Location: 50265
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 7:30pm
What did the 7010 bring?
Back to Top
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Points: 23555
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2026 at 7:48pm
Black 7000, not a 7010.   $16K  I think.
Back to Top
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 08 Sep 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Points: 8493
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2026 at 8:20am
Originally posted by wjohn wjohn wrote:

Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

Wjohn, yaz says there are no more new cylinder bars no where

That is unfortunate. He must not be able to sell them for what it costs to have a place manufacture new ones or re-rubber originals.

In February I contacted him about bars and they are available, but they’re $1,090/set plus shipping. I was thinking about threshing some Lima beans but I’m not sure I’ll make enough off the gig to make a dent in the cost of the bars.


Mike, it was good talking to you at the auction! Always a good time getting to catch up with old friends and make new ones.

As was said, it seemed all the literature went very high. A lot of the tractors and combines disappointed me, but my trailer was filling up quick and I wasn’t going to make two trips. Interesting to say, of his 12 combines, 6 found new homes here in western Oklahoma. I bought two (60A with windrow pick up and the camel back) and a guy about 20 minutes north of me bought a big bin 66, 72, 90, and SP100. They had a few old combines already and they have young grandchildren who have taken a liking to it all, so I’m glad they’re going to a good home. I also know the gentleman who bought the Super 100, he’ll take good care of it. The threshing machine really surprised a lot of people at $17k, but it was about $20k with the online buyers premium. It went to Pennsylvania.

Edited by CrestonM - 04 Jun 2026 at 8:36am
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.051 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum