This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zenith carb help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zenith carb help
    Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:36pm
Anybody have an idea what the proper float heigth should be for a 9 00 12522?
I believe this is a universal replacement carb, and the rebuild instructions don't address specs for it. Instructions give settings for series 61, 62, 67, 68, 161, 267, 63, 63M, 263M, but I do not know which this carb is equivalent to. I was just going to pick one and try it, but there is quite a span in the numbers
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Sponsored Links

Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:45pm
Lou, There may be info in this that could help you.
Go to page 15 for the start of the Zenith section.

http://l-36.com/carb.pdf

I Love Meatballs and Dumplings on Toast with Gravy and Rosemary and ??? {Open For Suggestions}
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 1:29pm
Turn it upside down and make sure the floats are parallel with the base and it will be close enough. I have not measured one in years.

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 1:32pm
Thanks guys! Dick, after perusing over the site Jeff posted, I noted the specs for tolerance were pretty wide! I think I have a game plan now. Back to the "shop"
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic