This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Forum Handle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:50am
When I bought a few acres to putt around with some years back, I was looking for a 60-70hp tractor. I looked at (3020’s) and the sellers basically were honest and told me of some issues that needed addressed, then I went and looked at newer tractors that our NH dealer had available. Needless to say, I was sticker shocked. Having grown up on AC tractors on the farm(father still farming with those same old AC’s), decision was made that I was “allis bred” and should stick to what I know is good
Sponsored Links

Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:21am
My name is Richard Lamar Lemmon. I was raised with my middle name Lamar. When leaving the farm to work in the factories and your full name required on the applications, my time cards having only Richard and no one asking your name I became either Dick or Lem. As a wet behind the ears naïve farm kid I found early those two names were the best that I could be called if they were not excepted. I am still Lamar within the family and those I was raised around and Dick to those that I have worked with in business. On forums I am either Dick L or Dickel. On facebook I am Richard Lemmon because my wife set me up a long time before I used it as a way for her to learn how it worked by going back and fourth between the two.    

Edited by Dick L - 26 Mar 2020 at 9:25am
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:42am
HoughMade

"Hough" is my last name and is pronounced (in my case) "hoe"

Hoe-made, or Home-made

I make a lot of stuff and the stuff I make is all "HoughMade".
1951 B
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:12am
My name is Alex, I graduated high school in '09, and my location is WI. That is all.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

I always find these things interesting and how things stick with us. My handle is a carry over from making maple syrup and spending way too much time years ago, and some still, on a similar forum where folks are all wound up about watching sweet water boil!
I had a different handle on there for a while then requested it be changed to "Sugarmaker" by the admin at the time. They accepted my request and were surprised someone didnt have it already. It has stuck and I have carried it through several forums.  
Regards,
 Chris Casbohm
...and we all thought it was because you were so sweet !!!

Creek Jenkins View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:14am
Mine is short for Turkey Creek Jack Jenkins.......

Naw. 15 or so years ago we used to do a 2 hour drive one way at least once a week when we were trying to keep the in laws in their house. A good portion of it was thru an area here in northern Minn without a lot of houses or anything but woods and the occasional moose. Jenkins Creek was kind of a marker that we were getting closer to our destination. I was active in the state ATV association then and some forums got a little testy - I had some nasty phone calls from anti motorized people after being in a couple news articles - so I needed something anonymous. There was a "no motorized vehicles" sign at the trailhead by the creek, so it kind of stuck with me.
cheers,
Creek (another Tim)
Have spacesuit, will travel
NE GA Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:31pm
I came up with mine since I live in North East Georgia and I’m working/collecting Allis equipment.
Keeping Allis alive with:
2 B’s, 1 C, 6 CA’s, 2 WD’s,
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:17pm
Former Rodeo Cowboy. Steer Wrestler. Therefore exSW
Learning AC...slowly
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:33pm
Deuel County Allis Chalmers. Far as I know, I'm the only one in the county with orange disease.
McAllis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm
My last name starts with a Mc. The second part should be self-explanatory.
frnkeore View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnkeore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:09am
My is rather boring. It started as my Email and so that I didn't have to remember a bunch a "handles" I use it on everything.

It goes like this: frnk (frank, my first name) e (my last name is elliott) and i live in ore (Oregon). I've had it since about '94 and I have yet to forget it :)
Frank
1959 D17 Series I #24001+, '59 D14
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
Ferguson TO 35 Deluxe, Oliver 70 and 5 more.
MotorCityBear View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotorCityBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:50am
I am originally from Detroit and my last name translates to Bear, (grandparents were originally from Russia). 

Nice to see another Allis guy in NE GA.
Rob
1953 AC B
Kubota L3901
Blairsville, GA
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:03am
My grandad's last name on my paps side of the family was Rutledge, he had a Ford but Fordrutledge didn't sound right. I miss my grandad but I still got the 601. What was this post about?
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
BigGuy1000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGuy1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:43pm
When I formerly taught computer science my students called me "Hey, big guy!  So when I needed a login handle I tried that, it was somewhat anonymous.  But later on Google, that was already taken, so tried BigGuy1, that was taken, tried 2, taken, 10, taken, 100, taken, BigGuy1000 worked!!!!

Steve A View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:30pm
I worked for--now retired from--Michigan DNR, who logistically divided the state into 3 areas: SLP (southern lower peninsula) NLP (northern lower peninsula) and U.P. At the time I was in the NLP.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:35pm
Started dakota dave lables for home made beer and wine many years ago just use it on most forums ive been on hasent been a duplicate yet
D17Milo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17Milo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:51pm
Mine is pretty simple, I own a D 17 and live in the Milo, Iowa area.
mtanut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:28am
Mine came from the attention I was giving my Super MTA , my wife always claimed I was nuts for my old tractors, so there you go. However when I got her dads B Allis, she decided maybe it was a legit obsession and I wasn't really nuts.
I have a 185 Allis, 6060 Allis, Model K gleaner, SMTA ferg 35, ferg 20 (paps first tractor, Allis B (wife's)John Deere 240 skid loader and a bunch of the usual farm stuff.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:43am
My Mom and Dad decided my handle. Was hoping that I wouldn't post anything that would offend anyone enough that I had to hide ! Life long A-C family. Have a head full of useless information 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 10:57pm
My name is David Thompson which is quite common so being from almost as far North as anyone farms( about 500 miles NW of Calgary) I have used Reindeer on several forums.
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:00am
I love to (Hunt), but forced to work on good old American made tractors(Allis) that I love b/c my dad was always working with the 1950 AC model b that I grew up on(normally riding the single plow that we used to fix up our garden on our small farm every year to add weight to it) now one of 3 Allis Chalmers tractors I own.
I can still remember the feeling of the hydraulics slowly letting it down and hitting rocks every now and then that would jump you up and down on the plow...( Lucky never got hurt!) My dad was a great guy and always was very careful when he would allow us to " help him"get through a hard piece of ground, or was it just for fun😉
This was long before video games or any other source of entertainment so that's all we had oh, well that and fishing all day long consumed my days 😁!
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:08am
I am one of the old timers. Thank you to those who post their location.
AC Steve View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:21pm
I grew up on a farm that used other brands. Years ago I brought a D-19 tractor,AC plow and field cultivator that had sat in a barn for about 8 years. After great luck with that outfit the rest is history. Now all we use are AC and Agco equipment. My hobby is collecting and learning about AC. ACSteve just seemed fitting. Nothing really special about it.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:48pm
I grew up learning to ride/drive/operate AC D17 series I & farmall M & H. Then my Dad moved up in hp & acquired JD4020s & JD7520 4wd.
He did host a One-Ninety XT series III plow demonstration in 1971 or 72?? It pulled one of our JD F145s. I could not get enough of it’s sweet sounding turbocharged 301. It had my vote, but Dad bought the JD 4wd instead. That was the roughest riding, loudest cab tractor!!
A few years later, I was helping another farm field cultivate their corn ground with their AC 7050. Best demo ever! Fell in love with it’s floor button hi/Lo, it’s intercooled/turbo 426s snappy engine and its lugging ability especially on turns, smooth hydraulics, & it’s very quiet & easy to see out of cab.
Later when I began to get my own IL acreage, acquiring my own AC 7060 was no contest.

Edited by AC7060IL - 29 Mar 2020 at 9:53pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:17pm
As some of you might have noticed, I must have been boiling over with creativeness when I registered the first time back in late 99 or early 2000
 My name is Charles, but people call me Charlie and I'm from north West Illinois.
 I do have another handle on here, but only used that when I had trouble singing on once or twice.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:57pm
I farm the lowest river bottom farm in Mahaska county, Iowa
Leesok View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leesok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:01am
“Okie” was already taken so just did name and location. S is for southern.
Leadoff View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:25am
Along with my passion for Allis Chalmers, having grown up on a dairy farm with AC equipment, I enjoyed many years of rec softball after work and weekends. Supportive family over the years really helped make the time commitment posible.
1963 D17D Series III. 1965 D15 Series II. 1965 D17 Series IV. 1975 185. 1978 716H. 1979 716H. 1965 780 Harvester/1R&DC. 1957 Model 73 SC 4 Furrow Plow
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:19am
Mine is as simple as it gets.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:18am
Mine's also pretty simple . Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic