Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=169453
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 4:19pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Your Forum Handle
Posted By: AllisFreak MN
Subject: Your Forum Handle
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:48pm
Out of sheer boredom I ask this: How did you all come up with your handle for this forum? I know some are obviously based on your name or whatever but some are more creative. Since I asked, my nephew always gives me crap about being an Allis freak because I like A-C's so much. He is an IH guy of course.

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Replies:
Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:11pm
Well the name I wanted at the time was already in use,---I chose ac fleet cause I got way too many of them! ----Shook the orange tree too hard so here I sit among the orange crop. --- Bumper crop for sure.

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: Arcs and Sparks
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:31pm
I am always welding, grinding or building machinery.  So,  if you walk into my shop you'll always see "arcs and sparks".  Maybe won't be able to see the top of the work bench or any open floor space but you'll always get a chance to take in some good old second hand welding smoke.  It seems like many things that are broken in the neighborhood eventually find their way to me.   Lots of the local pulling tractors have spent time on my shop floor.  I've worked in industry for my entire life.  The constant waste of material , tools and machinery from that source has sponsored many of the projects I've built or supplied parts that I otherwise could never have afforded to build/buy on my own.   I enjoy breathing new life into items that others have scrapped.   I get bored easily so the turn over is continuous but it keeps my mind active.   Age is starting to curb my enthusiasm a bit but I still seem to be drawn in by a good challenge.  

Posted By: ksbowman
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:34pm
I live in Kansas and I've been a bowhunter for 48 years. I use ksbowman on several forums so I just carried it over.

Posted By: omahagreg
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:46pm
I live in Omaha Nebraska, and my name is Greg

-------------
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:49pm
My first born child’s name starts with T. His nickname very quickly became “Buddy Bone” or just “Bone”. He was Born in 95. Tbone95. And here y’all thought it was beef farming related!

Posted By: Brian(Va)
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:50pm
In the early years we just used our name and state.

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:08pm
Plumber has been my trade the last 24 years. Scarin was a CB handle put on me by my coworkers in my early days driving semi trucks.

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:17pm
My name is Dave, and if you don't like the way I do it, then DIYHug

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Posted By: theropod
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:20pm
In another life I was the executive director of a natural history museum. Theropod is the scientific term for meat eating dinosaurs.

-------------
Put the bunny back in the box!
1938 B, 1977 Yanmar YM2200

No private messages:
use email:
theropod AT yahoo DOT com

Posted By: DSeries4
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:34pm
When we bought our D17 Series 4 gas, we rolled it off the float, into the garage and started to tear it down and restore it.  So I adopted its moniker.  We had grandpa's D14 and 175 that we grew up on, but I never did make up a handle based on those 2.

-------------
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080

Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:34pm
I kind of inherited my grandfather's WF when scrap was high. 

Someone approached my aunt about buying it for scrap. She asked me what it was worth and I told her I would give her more than the scrapper. She wouldn't take any money for it and it was mine. It created a monster, I guess. I now have over 20 AC tractors, including my grandfather's WF, my Dad's WD45, 180 and 185. (I don't count because I don't want my wife to know for sure,,,)

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:37pm
I am a plumber and my Ex girlfriend's son would call me "Pat the plumber ". His mother found this website looking for a present for me . She told me to register and during the process I asked " What should I use as a Username ? ". He yelled from the other room without any hesitation Pat the plumber , and the rest is history

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

I am a plumber and my Ex girlfriend's son would call me "Pat the plumber ". His mother found this website looking for a present for me . She told me to register and during the process I asked " What should I use as a Username ? ". He yelled from the other room without any hesitation Pat the plumber , and the rest is history

...and I love your "signature" !!!

Posted By: Boss Man
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:23pm
I owned my own repair shop for 17 years.  A lot of people came in looking for the boss man.

Posted By: Unit3
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:30pm
Back in the day, we used Johnson business band radios on the farm. Dad had one in everything. We had the big black ones and PPL 6000's. Dad went by Unit 1, mom Unit 2, and I was Unit 3. My grandma was Unit 4. When she passed away, the handle went with her. My wife went by Unit 5.  

Forgot to ad, my name is Tim. And standing next to Tim NH, I'm the shorter Tim.

-------------
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:54pm
Ever see a country road that wasn't dusty?

Dusty Rhodes

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:57pm
As was said up above, back in the original forum most of us used our first name and state we lived in.  There wasn't even a problem with duplicates back then.  The first duplicate I remember coming along was Darrel in MN!

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: Red Bank
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:18pm
I use Red Bank on here and other forums my farm is Red Bank Stables my diesel shop is Red Bank Trucking all named because that’s the road I live on. But my name is Thomas Crouse.

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:38pm
Mine came from owning, operating, repairing HD6G tracked crawlers. Unfortunately due to nerve damage in my back/shoulder's, I was unable to continue with them.

Posted By: MDWilliams338
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:49pm
I just use my initials and last name ,same as on the Gretsch guitar forum I’m on.Mike Williams and 338 being my favorite hunting caliber I use ...Winchester 338.

-------------
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone

Posted By: truckerfarmer
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:59pm
Mine is a play on words. When I joined I was driving truck for a living and the wife and I where truck farming vegetables.

-------------
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!

Posted By: B26240
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:11am
B26240 is the S/N of the first AC tractor I owned.  

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:41am
Mine is obvious, and boring. Darrel

Posted By: farmboy520
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:04am
Mine I developed when I started college and was needing a username for email. I'm a farmboy and at the time we were farming close to 520 acres and it was available for the username.   

-------------
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)

Posted By: Tim NH
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:07am
Just a tall guy from a small state. Here's Unit 3, Tim and I at Hutch in I think 2016.

-------------
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Brian(Va) Brian(Va) wrote:

In the early years we just used our name and state.

Yep, it did it all, “who” and “where”

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:39am
I added my last name initial to my name and state because there was already another Brian on the board at that time.

Posted By: GeneD14
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:47am
My middle name is Gene and my first Allis was a D14. So I'm GeneD14.

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:09am
I always find these things interesting and how things stick with us. My handle is a carry over from making maple syrup and spending way too much time years ago, and some still, on a similar forum where folks are all wound up about watching sweet water boil!
I had a different handle on there for a while then requested it be changed to "Sugarmaker" by the admin at the time. They accepted my request and were surprised someone didnt have it already. It has stuck and I have carried it through several forums.  
Regards,
 Chris Casbohm

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: allisbred
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:50am
When I bought a few acres to putt around with some years back, I was looking for a 60-70hp tractor. I looked at (3020’s) and the sellers basically were honest and told me of some issues that needed addressed, then I went and looked at newer tractors that our NH dealer had available. Needless to say, I was sticker shocked. Having grown up on AC tractors on the farm(father still farming with those same old AC’s), decision was made that I was “allis bred” and should stick to what I know is good

Posted By: Dick L
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:21am
My name is Richard Lamar Lemmon. I was raised with my middle name Lamar. When leaving the farm to work in the factories and your full name required on the applications, my time cards having only Richard and no one asking your name I became either Dick or Lem. As a wet behind the ears naïve farm kid I found early those two names were the best that I could be called if they were not excepted. I am still Lamar within the family and those I was raised around and Dick to those that I have worked with in business. On forums I am either Dick L or Dickel. On facebook I am Richard Lemmon because my wife set me up a long time before I used it as a way for her to learn how it worked by going back and fourth between the two.    

Posted By: HoughMade
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:42am
HoughMade

"Hough" is my last name and is pronounced (in my case) "hoe"

Hoe-made, or Home-made

I make a lot of stuff and the stuff I make is all "HoughMade".

-------------
1951 B

Posted By: Alex09(WI)
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:12am
My name is Alex, I graduated high school in '09, and my location is WI. That is all.

-------------
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

I always find these things interesting and how things stick with us. My handle is a carry over from making maple syrup and spending way too much time years ago, and some still, on a similar forum where folks are all wound up about watching sweet water boil!
I had a different handle on there for a while then requested it be changed to "Sugarmaker" by the admin at the time. They accepted my request and were surprised someone didnt have it already. It has stuck and I have carried it through several forums.  
Regards,
 Chris Casbohm
...and we all thought it was because you were so sweet !!!

Posted By: Creek Jenkins
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:14am
Mine is short for Turkey Creek Jack Jenkins.......

Naw. 15 or so years ago we used to do a 2 hour drive one way at least once a week when we were trying to keep the in laws in their house. A good portion of it was thru an area here in northern Minn without a lot of houses or anything but woods and the occasional moose. Jenkins Creek was kind of a marker that we were getting closer to our destination. I was active in the state ATV association then and some forums got a little testy - I had some nasty phone calls from anti motorized people after being in a couple news articles - so I needed something anonymous. There was a "no motorized vehicles" sign at the trailhead by the creek, so it kind of stuck with me.
cheers,
Creek (another Tim)

-------------
Have spacesuit, will travel

Posted By: NE GA Allis
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:31pm
I came up with mine since I live in North East Georgia and I’m working/collecting Allis equipment.

-------------
Keeping Allis alive with:
2 B’s, 1 C, 6 CA’s, 2 WD’s,
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Posted By: exSW
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:17pm
Former Rodeo Cowboy. Steer Wrestler. Therefore exSW

-------------
Learning AC...slowly

Posted By: DCAC
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:33pm
Deuel County Allis Chalmers. Far as I know, I'm the only one in the county with orange disease.

Posted By: McAllis
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm
My last name starts with a Mc. The second part should be self-explanatory.

Posted By: frnkeore
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:09am
My is rather boring. It started as my Email and so that I didn't have to remember a bunch a "handles" I use it on everything.

It goes like this: frnk (frank, my first name) e (my last name is elliott) and i live in ore (Oregon). I've had it since about '94 and I have yet to forget it :)

-------------
Frank
1959 D17 Series I #24001+, '59 D14
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
Ferguson TO 35 Deluxe, Oliver 70 and 5 more.

Posted By: MotorCityBear
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:50am
I am originally from Detroit and my last name translates to Bear, (grandparents were originally from Russia). 

Nice to see another Allis guy in NE GA.

-------------
Rob
1953 AC B
Kubota L3901
Blairsville, GA

Posted By: allisrutledge
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:03am
My grandad's last name on my paps side of the family was Rutledge, he had a Ford but Fordrutledge didn't sound right. I miss my grandad but I still got the 601. What was this post about?

-------------
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns

Posted By: BigGuy1000
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:43pm
When I formerly taught computer science my students called me "Hey, big guy!  So when I needed a login handle I tried that, it was somewhat anonymous.  But later on Google, that was already taken, so tried BigGuy1, that was taken, tried 2, taken, 10, taken, 100, taken, BigGuy1000 worked!!!!

Posted By: Steve A
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:30pm
I worked for--now retired from--Michigan DNR, who logistically divided the state into 3 areas: SLP (southern lower peninsula) NLP (northern lower peninsula) and U.P. At the time I was in the NLP.

Posted By: Dakota Dave
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:35pm
Started dakota dave lables for home made beer and wine many years ago just use it on most forums ive been on hasent been a duplicate yet

Posted By: D17Milo
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:51pm
Mine is pretty simple, I own a D 17 and live in the Milo, Iowa area.

Posted By: mtanut
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:28am
Mine came from the attention I was giving my Super MTA , my wife always claimed I was nuts for my old tractors, so there you go. However when I got her dads B Allis, she decided maybe it was a legit obsession and I wasn't really nuts.

-------------
I have a 185 Allis, 6060 Allis, Model K gleaner, SMTA ferg 35, ferg 20 (paps first tractor, Allis B (wife's)John Deere 240 skid loader and a bunch of the usual farm stuff.

Posted By: Calvin Schmidt
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:43am
My Mom and Dad decided my handle. Was hoping that I wouldn't post anything that would offend anyone enough that I had to hide ! Life long A-C family. Have a head full of useless information 

-------------
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed

Posted By: Reindeer
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 10:57pm
My name is David Thompson which is quite common so being from almost as far North as anyone farms( about 500 miles NW of Calgary) I have used Reindeer on several forums.

-------------

Posted By: Hunt4Allis
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:00am
I love to (Hunt), but forced to work on good old American made tractors(Allis) that I love b/c my dad was always working with the 1950 AC model b that I grew up on(normally riding the single plow that we used to fix up our garden on our small farm every year to add weight to it) now one of 3 Allis Chalmers tractors I own.
I can still remember the feeling of the hydraulics slowly letting it down and hitting rocks every now and then that would jump you up and down on the plow...( Lucky never got hurt!) My dad was a great guy and always was very careful when he would allow us to " help him"get through a hard piece of ground, or was it just for fun😉
This was long before video games or any other source of entertainment so that's all we had oh, well that and fishing all day long consumed my days 😁!

Posted By: Lon(MN)
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:08am
I am one of the old timers. Thank you to those who post their location.

Posted By: AC Steve
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:21pm
I grew up on a farm that used other brands. Years ago I brought a D-19 tractor,AC plow and field cultivator that had sat in a barn for about 8 years. After great luck with that outfit the rest is history. Now all we use are AC and Agco equipment. My hobby is collecting and learning about AC. ACSteve just seemed fitting. Nothing really special about it.

Posted By: AC7060IL
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:48pm
I grew up learning to ride/drive/operate AC D17 series I & farmall M & H. Then my Dad moved up in hp & acquired JD4020s & JD7520 4wd.
He did host a One-Ninety XT series III plow demonstration in 1971 or 72?? It pulled one of our JD F145s. I could not get enough of it’s sweet sounding turbocharged 301. It had my vote, but Dad bought the JD 4wd instead. That was the roughest riding, loudest cab tractor!!
A few years later, I was helping another farm field cultivate their corn ground with their AC 7050. Best demo ever! Fell in love with it’s floor button hi/Lo, it’s intercooled/turbo 426s snappy engine and its lugging ability especially on turns, smooth hydraulics, & it’s very quiet & easy to see out of cab.
Later when I began to get my own IL acreage, acquiring my own AC 7060 was no contest.

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:17pm
As some of you might have noticed, I must have been boiling over with creativeness when I registered the first time back in late 99 or early 2000
 My name is Charles, but people call me Charlie and I'm from north West Illinois.
 I do have another handle on here, but only used that when I had trouble singing on once or twice.

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Posted By: soggybottomboy
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:57pm
I farm the lowest river bottom farm in Mahaska county, Iowa

Posted By: Leesok
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:01am
“Okie” was already taken so just did name and location. S is for southern.

Posted By: Leadoff
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:25am
Along with my passion for Allis Chalmers, having grown up on a dairy farm with AC equipment, I enjoyed many years of rec softball after work and weekends. Supportive family over the years really helped make the time commitment posible.

-------------
1963 D17D Series III. 1965 D15 Series II. 1965 D17 Series IV. 1975 185. 1978 716H. 1979 716H. 1965 780 Harvester/1R&DC. 1957 Model 73 SC 4 Furrow Plow

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:19am
Mine is as simple as it gets.

Posted By: ACinSC
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:18am
Mine's also pretty simple . Thanks

Posted By: wekracer
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:09am
I used to race motocross on a dirt bike. My last name is Wekenborg. Wekracer

Posted By: Driverdan
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:31am
I drove school bus for 25 years, and my bus kids always called me Driverdan-as did all my co-workers at the bus garage...Dan Nickels

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:50pm
Parents named me Raymond. There where a number of Raymond's in the neighborhood that all went by Ray. So my family always used Raymond. But the world being what it is and people short cutting,I became Ray. Just not worth the trouble Wink to be Raymond all the time.

I started this internet journey on a site that had Ray and my most used tractor model taken so I tried a different number and here I am.  Proves I have very little imagination to come up with a clever name. Did not want to confuse Confused(very easy to do LOL ) myself or get mixed up where I was and have used the same name on all the places on the net.

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:55pm
Forgive me if this offends, but you reminded me of this old chestnut...Wink

[TUBE]ZCqh5ROtQRg[/TUBE]

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Posted By: Flyer
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:29pm
One of my hobbies is flying airplanes.  I owned a Cessna when I created the ID way back when.

-------------
An optimist sees the glass as half full. The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The engineer sees a glass with double the required capacity.

Posted By: Mosin9130
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:19pm
What a great question!

I received a Russian Mosin 9130 rifle as a wedding present from my parents back in college. I’ve collected quite a few WWII/Cold War surplus guns since then but the Mosin is my cherished piece. When I joined this Forum after my Dad passed away, the Mosin was the first thing that came to mind to remember him. 

-------------
'56 WD 45...'63 D15 II...'66 D17 IV

Posted By: TMiller/NC
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:34pm
Pretty simple..........Tim Miller and live in NC

Posted By: victoryallis
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Steve A Steve A wrote:

I worked for--now retired from--Michigan DNR, who logistically divided the state into 3 areas: SLP (southern lower peninsula) NLP (northern lower peninsula) and U.P. At the time I was in the NLP.

What town in the northern lower peninsula?

-------------
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760

Posted By: victoryallis
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:05pm
I got the largest by far Allis fleet in Victory twp of Mason County Michigan. Hence VictoryAllis. My township got its name from the north’s Victory in the civil war.

-------------
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760

Posted By: Red Bank
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

I got the largest by far Allis fleet in Victory twp of Mason County Michigan. Hence VictoryAllis. My township got its name from the north’s Victory in the civil war.
I had been wondering for awhile how you came up with that! Thank you for posting

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net