This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your AC today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 7:52am
Originally posted by TimCNY TimCNY wrote:

Not a criticism, just an observation - about as many posts have to do with "What have you done WITH your AC today" as "TO" your AC today lol... Same here. Too wet to get much of anything useful done.

Don't take this the wrong way, is not a criticism either. The intent for the post is to provide a place to drop in and let others know of your AC activities for the day. This can certainly be something you did "to" your AC, but also something you did "with" your AC. Either way, your enjoying your AC.

At least that is how I meant it to be 🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜

Edited by Tgtack - 25 Apr 2019 at 12:55pm
1939 AC Model B, 1952 AC Model G, Case 195, numerous Wheel Horse, Hit Miss Engines, currently looking for a AC B10 garden tractor
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 1:26pm
I think I made a breakthrough today with one of my WD's. This thing overheated, could not stop it. New thermostat, no thermostat, no difference. Really scratching my head here. Thought, maybe the impeller came loose on the pump? Bought a new pump and painted it. Took the old one off the tractor, looks ok, impeller moves fine. Spot some foreign matterial in the hose neck. I recognize it, stuffing from an old sleeping bag. Why that bag is in my parts storage area I have no idea. Mice built a fantastic house out of it and other materials they found. Made a hook out of some thin wire and extracted quite a nest from the top tank then went th the garden hose and flushed the &%#&+ out of it. I should add that the radiator was bad on this tractor when I bought it. Grabbed the 'best one' out of my parts area to replace the old one.

I really didn't want to pull that radiator off the WD, one of my least favorite things to work on. May actually get to use this thing this year!

Edited by IBWD MIke - 25 Apr 2019 at 1:27pm
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 6:50pm
Today I replaced the oil cooler, door latch & got the LED lights working on the 7045.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:36pm
Changed out the late model black B decals for the early model blue decals and added the air filter decals. Looks a lot better. Had an engine miss, found it was crappy plug wires. Replaced them with a reproduction set from the Brillman Co, runs a lot better now (looks better to).

Have two decals not sure if they are used, and if so where they go. One is the dismount warning and the other is the clutch shifter grease plate removal. Any ideas? It is a 1939 B.

1939 AC Model B, 1952 AC Model G, Case 195, numerous Wheel Horse, Hit Miss Engines, currently looking for a AC B10 garden tractor
DSpears N IL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:42pm
got to get my D 15II out of winter storage for a ride thru the sub-division before we get another  blast of Snow tomorrow.Ouch
Chris (swIA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris (swIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:58pm
I planted a 1/4 acre of sweet corn with the G.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 7:25am
I put my 'overheating' WD back together on 4-26. Let it run for a good half hour and the temp never got to the green! Just need to button up the sheet-metal. Will be gppd to get some work out of this old girl, it's set up well for the all-crop drill and the two row planter.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:40am
Tgtack, your oil level sticker is about 1/2 inch too high. Arrows should point to the ridge, just below where your sticker is.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 3:49pm
Went out to the farm today to "clean up" the limb piles from trimming fence rows a month and half ago with the 180 gasser and a flat bed trailer. It ran AWESOME after installing a new carb last summer!!
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Tgtack, your oil level sticker is about 1/2 inch too high. Arrows should point to the ridge, just below where your sticker is.

Oops guess someone else has theirs wrong as well, went off a picture on the net. Thought was odd location. Will have to get another sticker. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Tgtack - 27 Apr 2019 at 8:02pm
JaredC(WI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:21pm
Continued the clean up of the dead and dyeing wind break. Just makes me sick looking at it. Going to take a lot of years before whenever we get around to replanting to reach that height. If it wasn't close to the house and barn I'd light it up forest fire style!

Jared
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:21pm
Made myself a new set of plug wires, used black with orange cross hatch and the 90* close connect plug terminals, installed my side step and added anti skid on top of the axle, and moved the air filter oil fill decal to the correct location.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:27pm
That looks really good!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:06pm
Took the batteries out of 6080 to clean the garden out from under an around them, cleaned it up and painted the cast iron. Also painted the seat suspension that I have out of the 200 rebuilding bushings and pins.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 7:44am
Walked by the D 15II in the barn and made sure the cover was adjusted over it properly.  Looked like the cat had strolled across it.  Wink
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:02am
Hung the duals on the 7060 and discovered there is a short in the warning flasher circuit.
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:30am
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:22pm
Went out and took both WDs out for a little bit of squishing in the water soaked ground.

DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:05pm
I cleaned up and painted the All-Crop rims and mounted new tires.

Edited by DennisA (IL) - 04 May 2019 at 9:24pm
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:51pm
Those tires an rims look nice
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:13pm
Pulled the tin work to do some cleaning and touch-up, straighten the grill mesh and put webbing between the joints.

Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:30pm
New tires and rims, repainted centers and rebuilt eccentrics on WD

1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:53pm
Folks,
 i did not take any pictures, But I went to visit my son who is storing two tractors for me. The D17 started right up. Also the WD wide front fired up in short order. Both surprised me, after setting all winter! One of them will get the nod to go to our first local tractor pull on June 1.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:06pm
I didn't even start an Allis today, (how did that happen). Had the 1066 out working on the Bean planter and ran three cub-cadets. Did paint some new springs for one of my WDs. On any given weekend day this time of year I normally run one to five or more AC's.
57WD45FarmUse View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57WD45FarmUse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:17pm

Ran the Cylinder hone and cleaned up some after.
Got motivated and decided to go and drop the oil and pan and get my first look at the bottom end. Now to order pan gasket and front rear seals which were badly needed ! Probably go ahead and replace that pickup and screen as well
Really cool thread idea !!!!!

Edited by 57WD45FarmUse - 04 May 2019 at 10:57pm
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 7:53am
Prepped the DA385 for corn. Hooked the 7060 to the 2500 disc and went out to see if it was dry enough. Sure enough it was just dry enough to keep going. Then the top radiator hose blew clear off the top tank. Put that all back together and finished in the dark. Sure do like those LEDs I put on.
savedallis1953 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savedallis1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 8:02am
Mowed 5 acres and ran into the neighbors fence.
1953 WD, 1953 WD, WD engine with WD-45 crankshaft.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 8:28am
Finished the brakes the other day, carb out, fuel tank off yesterday, torque tube buttoned back up, give me a minute I'll recall some other stuff lol..
clarkscreek View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote clarkscreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:29pm
Completely serviced miy 200 on Saturday and then used it to today to spray 65 acres today.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:39pm
Changed the oil in the 175D brushhogging tractor, took the 18.4-34's off another 175D that has wiring issues and put them on the 6080. Put a set of Deere wheels on it to roll it around. Put the 15.5 x 38's that were on the 6080 back on the brushhogging 175D, now it is ready to go. Have the 18.4 x 30's that came off waiting for their next assignment....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic