This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tn speed shop sleeves ,sleeve tool and instalation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tn speed shop sleeves ,sleeve tool and instalation
    Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 4:59pm
heres a picture of my 4.980 od /4.625id sleeve and sleeve installation tool the one on table behind it is cruder its for a sb2 block .  
block with 5.080 od/4.875 id sleeve installed

Edited by mlpankey - 08 Jun 2013 at 9:21pm
Sponsored Links

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 4:20pm

Huh?  A picture of a simple driver tool that anyone with a lathe can make, for sleves not even in the block in other pictures.  Another picture of a motor you are freshining up for someone else trying to pass off as your own, that you posted before, built by someone else.  Lets not forget the picture of a caliper that is way off the bore and irrelivent to anything other than showing that you can measure with a tape measure as close as you can file a saw chain.

You call yourself a speed shop.  At best you're barely smart enough to order new sleves from Ray to press in a block someone else machined.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:43pm
Rod its more than you have shown . The caliper is on the outside ledge showing the outside diameter of the sleeve. Sleeves were not ordered from Ray. they were turned down and cut to length on the lathe i made the sleeve tool from. I am shocked you didn't like the driver after all its shiny aluminum which usually catches your eye .  I know you are  envious  but don't let your envy defeat you so easily

Edited by mlpankey - 10 Jun 2013 at 6:46pm
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:46pm
And your tractor is where?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by AC200Puller AC200Puller wrote:

And your tractor is where?
thats a good question where is rods tractor. 
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 8:01pm
What did you make the sleeves from and when?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

sleeves are milling sleeves. Turned and cut last week.
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:15am
Rob answer the question wheres you tractor ? back up your mouth your no better than spanky just a big mouth that likes to rattel on to here your self 1 photo that all we ask
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Really?  Those sleeves are from your old motor. I thought you were an advocate for displacement.   Why use 4.625 bore sleeves when you could use 4.875?  The tool you say is for 4.980 od 4.625 id sleve and is pictured on a sleeve that you claim to have made last week and trying to indicate are for this block. 

The block you say is 4.875 bore with a 5.080 od sleeve.  But don't try to pass that off as something you did, the bores are used.  You've said prior to this that the engine is in for freshning and you didn't build it.  Get better at lying and keep your numbers straight, next time you may get a story to stick togather longer than your engine.  Which at least you thanked people for makeing your parts and doing your work.

I don't see pictures of that Gleason in the backround either.

Edited by Rod B - 11 Jun 2013 at 9:18am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 9:59am

Really?  Those sleeves are from your old motor. I thought you were an advocate for displacement.   Why use 4.625 bore sleeves when you could use 4.875?  The tool you say is for 4.980 od 4.625 id sleve and is pictured on a sleeve that you claim to have made last week and trying to indicate are for this block. 

The block you say is 4.875 bore with a 5.080 od sleeve.  But don't try to pass that off as something you did, the bores are used.  You've said prior to this that the engine is in for freshning and you didn't build it.  Get better at lying and keep your numbers straight, next time you may get a story to stick togather longer than your engine.  Which at least you thanked people for makeing your parts and doing your work.

I don't see pictures of that Gleason in the backround either.
simple for most to understand that some would rather have a sleeve that can be bored latter to cleanup than every cubic inch possible and others with deeper pockets wants it all.  Buisness is my name employees are help.

Edited by mlpankey - 11 Jun 2013 at 10:01am
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:01am
Personally I dont care if RodB posts pics or not. Hes worth it in just in entertainment value alone, the way he exposes the Pankster. 
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:09am
I think they both need a big helping of shut the hell up. Whats the saying about arguing with an idiot....
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:38am
Pank if business is your aforementioned name, Risky must be the christian part of it. Nice All Thread head studs. too Classy. But let me guess, the previous builder did that. I.E, whoever you bought that particular engine from..

So whats wrong that you cant remove them easily? The first thing to be done is to remove them so they arent in the way of your tape measure. Secondly so that you can clean up that nasty looking deck, third, if you are reinstalling sleeves, you are gonna .....wait...maybe you dont know any better, but usually, you mill down the deck just a tad bit again.

So, with the all thread studs still in, it would go to show that you are just splashing around on the net again making noise, but not really intend (or are ready) to work on anything. 

Just have WI50 build you a motor capable of winning and go pulling..If only you hadnt sold your tractor....HEY! The Ballistic tractor is sitting in the back of his barn now that he got the alky Case going. and its a PROVEN winner. Buy it from him.  Ive got to go up there in a few weeks. For $250 ill bring it down back to east of Chicago for you. Saves you 12 hr round trip, so you can get back you all your customers and all their pulling drag racing and circle track needs.. :)
wlenoir View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wlenoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:50am
This is a worse than a room full of sorority girls.   
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Glockhead SWMI Glockhead SWMI wrote:

I think they both need a big helping of shut the hell up. Whats the saying about arguing with an idiot....
the words dont get any bigger so i will say it this big AMEN!!!!
BKarpel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKarpel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 5:27pm
Those studs cant be removed. When you go that big you have to tie the block together or you will pull the studs and head off. Any engine builder should know that.
cranky View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:04pm
I am curious of the torque specs one would use to install cylinder head.i bet those "all-thread" studs just keep on stretching till they break.the material used in those threaded rods is of the poorest quality,close to re-bar.it looks like the "studs" are clearenced near the deck,is that to clear the ring compressor during assm?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:13pm
brandon none of the  cheerleading rods , the man, or wi know that .  They say a 4 3/4 bore is impossible .  Just showing pictures of  a large sleeve block and only .100 difference in od from the od of sleeves I been using since 2010 blows them away.  They are into little motors small bores short strokes and long rods.   well all thread can be had in schedule 80 and since all the all thread in the block  is larger in diameter than factory studs  it holds the fire rings pretty well.  no if the ring compressor was a issue  i would put the pistons /rods in from the bottom .    

Edited by mlpankey - 11 Jun 2013 at 6:19pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:33pm

brandon none of the  cheerleading rods , the man, or wi know that .  They say a 4 3/4 bore is impossible .  Just showing pictures of  a large sleeve block and only .100 difference in od from the od of sleeves I been using since 2010 blows them away.  They are into little motors small bores short strokes and long rods.   well all thread can be had in schedule 80 and since all the all thread in the block  is larger in diameter than factory studs  it holds the fire rings pretty well.  no if the ring compressor was a issue  i would put the pistons /rods in from the bottom .    

I hate to burst your bubble but pipe is schedule 40, 80, 10 etc. All thread rod as in other hardware is rated by GRADE . Another thing an engine builder would know.

I realize you aren't trying to get to the moon and back nor bright enough to build you anything to make it 320 feet down the track but at least getting to the track now and then would do a few of you fellas some good.

I just felt the need to save this post for few to enjoy. I wonder what the wall thickness of schedule 80 all thread would be?   
i
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:38pm
yeap schedule 80 is pipe  grade 8 all thread  . been ordering pipe for the nuke plant and all thread for hangers  while typing .  Sometimes its hard to multi task .    I am in the shop and not in the field so i can assists sweeper in his large displacement build without crops rotting .

Edited by mlpankey - 11 Jun 2013 at 6:42pm
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:47pm
How do you put the pistons in from the bottom? Kinda hard with that setup...

Order pipe for the plant, take some home. Typical liberal, you slack jawed hillbilly.

Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:54pm

yeap schedule 80 is pipe  grade 8 all thread  . been ordering pipe for the nuke plant and all thread for hangers  while typing .  Sometimes its hard to multi task .    I am in the shop and not in the field so i can assists sweeper in his large displacement build without crops rotting .

Wow, just read the schedule 80 grade 8 pipe... I used to do a lot of pipe work and NEVER heard that one. This like the forged cast rods you invented a few months ago?   

Hey, I'm on a boat right now, we trollin?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 8:48pm
I'm not interested in being part of the fray, but I do have two questions on this.....please don't use this to further the argument.
My very limited experience in rebuilding WD/45's is that the sleeves just slip right in. why the need for an installing tool? and I didn't think it possible to install the pistons from the bottom, especially big ones, doesn't the webbing get in the way?
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 9:52pm
Well bkarpel, the only person i know ignorant enough to install non removable studs, AND use all thread would probably be Shipman. Is that who did that block?? We know it wasn't pankey. 4.75 is not undo-able. My 4.63 motor has as large a counterbore as that with a nice strong sleeve holding it together. Just because you can does not mean you should. Do i think you could get way stupid on the structural integrity of a block and wedge a big bore in, sure. Do i think it's gonna end up I'n the scrap pile? Eventually, sooner rather than later. Especially with that monkey and football show you got there.

The only thing that will kinda help that engine live is that it is probably all hard block. That's probably why the sleeves are still In it and the studs are not removable. you are going to bore .206 out of it and push ANOTHER sleeve In a sleeve In hardblock. That's what it looks like to me.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:46pm
Lou, when the slugs get big they will not clear the webbing. Spankster is showing his lack of experience saying he'd put them in from the bottom. The sleeves would have to be to short to have any stroke if he could put the pistons in the bottom. Not much different then sched 80 all-thread or cast iron forging.

Nice pictures of Tarbills old motor on ytmag there pank. Trying to pass off boughten engine as one you built by not giveing credit where credit is due. lil sweeper should read this forum where wi50 had to show you how to get rods to clear on long strokes.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 11:25am
well that's funny i took  a couple of the slugs out the bottom. I could see if you stayed center of the original bores how web could get in the way but Shipmans block moved the bores and studs. Tarbills engine is bored on center and you can see where on his webbing is in the way. Its amazing that i pay to learn and offer it up free and some on here still like rod and the Wisconsin cheerleaders can't grasp it.  Lou the sleeves are interference fit meaning they are .002 larger than the bore on average . Average meaning sleeve stock measured three places will measure three different measurements and have to be averaged. Unless the od was turned as the 4.980 sleeve pictured was by me . The inside bore will be averaged as well when bored cause sleeve will crush in and isn't perfectly round . This separates the ones who do from the ones who don't.

Edited by mlpankey - 12 Jun 2013 at 11:32am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 11:39am
Brandon tell the man how many years the karpells ran  to quote the mans  shipmans ignorance. Hard to call someone ignorant when you can't do something they have already done even when your seeing their work in pictorial form. I have always been one if i saw it done could repeat it. 
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 8:03am
I bet you can't post any pictures of you takeing the pistons out the bottom.  When the bores get offset they get closer to the main webbing.  The main webbing is also thicker to the sides than it is in the center.

Your last posts indicate a number of things we've known for a long time.  You have to buy your engines to try and pay to copy someone elses work.  You did say you need to see it for yourself and that you pay to learn.  A case of monkey see, monkey do.  But in your case it's monkey see, monkey try, monkey can't do, engine go boom. 

Others offer up the free advice on things they have thought out for themselves and done on their own and you have to take pictures of others work and post trying to pass as your own untill you get busted. 
BKarpel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKarpel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 11:23am
The studs cant be removed because hard block is holding the bottom of the block together. The all thread studs do not stretch. Its is not that hard to put pistion in with the long studs. Shipman builds motors a litte different but they last. When you go that big there is not alot of metal left in the block, so things have to changed.
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:18pm

hey, i like my small little motor, dang right i like short stroke and short bore with long(er) rodsBig smile its cuase i pull farm stock meaning i have to use it on the farm, so in other words this motor has to live through running all day on the auger. its also cause i pull 1st gear only so i only need enough power for first, to much and it just hurts me. also as far as i know, and i may be wrong though is that schedule 80 is a plastic pipe used for plumbing fixtures like stools and sewer lines, not something used for a motor, but again i could be wrong
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic