Forum Description: Forum dedicated to Tractor and Garden Pulling
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71530
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 10:31am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: tn speed shop sleeves ,sleeve tool and instalation
Posted By: mlpankey
Subject: tn speed shop sleeves ,sleeve tool and instalation
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 4:59pm
heres a picture of my 4.980 od /4.625id sleeve and sleeve installation tool the one on table behind it is cruder its for a sb2 block .  
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-34-58_791_zpsef7f7d84.jpg.html" rel="nofollow"> http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-41-53_358_zpsfa60bd66.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-36-11_734_zps5890474b.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
block with 5.080 od/4.875 id sleeve installed
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-37-05_496_zps2a464072.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-37-46_841_zps0e16202d.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-37-31_147_zpsbf4cbf4e.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-41-53_358_zpsfa60bd66.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-41-30_144_zpse1e80274.jpg.html" rel="nofollow"> http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-37-46_841_zps0e16202d.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-42-03_365_zps7b4cfdc8.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-35-54_757_zpsb74f7bd6.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-08_11-36-11_734_zps5890474b.jpg.html" rel="nofollow"> http://s738.photobucket.com/user/pankeyc/media/2013-06-07_11-54-13_877_zpsc3db0daa.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------
people if they don't already know it you can't tell them. quote yogi berra

Replies:
Posted By: Rod B
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 4:20pm

Huh?  A picture of a simple driver tool that anyone with a lathe can make, for sleves not even in the block in other pictures.  Another picture of a motor you are freshining up for someone else trying to pass off as your own, that you posted before, built by someone else.  Lets not forget the picture of a caliper that is way off the bore and irrelivent to anything other than showing that you can measure with a tape measure as close as you can file a saw chain.

You call yourself a speed shop.  At best you're barely smart enough to order new sleves from Ray to press in a block someone else machined.

-------------
for the money there is nothing better than provoking idiots and posers

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:43pm
Rod its more than you have shown . The caliper is on the outside ledge showing the outside diameter of the sleeve. Sleeves were not ordered from Ray. they were turned down and cut to length on the lathe i made the sleeve tool from. I am shocked you didn't like the driver after all its shiny aluminum which usually catches your eye .  I know you are  envious  but don't let your envy defeat you so easily

-------------

Posted By: AC200Puller
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:46pm
And your tractor is where?

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by AC200Puller AC200Puller wrote:

And your tractor is where?
thats a good question where is rods tractor. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 8:01pm
What did you make the sleeves from and when?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

sleeves are milling sleeves. Turned and cut last week.

-------------

Posted By: bradley6874
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:15am
Rob answer the question wheres you tractor ? back up your mouth your no better than spanky just a big mouth that likes to rattel on to here your self 1 photo that all we ask

-------------
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Really?  Those sleeves are from your old motor. I thought you were an advocate for displacement.   Why use 4.625 bore sleeves when you could use 4.875?  The tool you say is for 4.980 od 4.625 id sleve and is pictured on a sleeve that you claim to have made last week and trying to indicate are for this block. 

The block you say is 4.875 bore with a 5.080 od sleeve.  But don't try to pass that off as something you did, the bores are used.  You've said prior to this that the engine is in for freshning and you didn't build it.  Get better at lying and keep your numbers straight, next time you may get a story to stick togather longer than your engine.  Which at least you thanked people for makeing your parts and doing your work.

I don't see pictures of that Gleason in the backround either.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 9:59am

Really?  Those sleeves are from your old motor. I thought you were an advocate for displacement.   Why use 4.625 bore sleeves when you could use 4.875?  The tool you say is for 4.980 od 4.625 id sleve and is pictured on a sleeve that you claim to have made last week and trying to indicate are for this block. 

The block you say is 4.875 bore with a 5.080 od sleeve.  But don't try to pass that off as something you did, the bores are used.  You've said prior to this that the engine is in for freshning and you didn't build it.  Get better at lying and keep your numbers straight, next time you may get a story to stick togather longer than your engine.  Which at least you thanked people for makeing your parts and doing your work.

I don't see pictures of that Gleason in the backround either.
simple for most to understand that some would rather have a sleeve that can be bored latter to cleanup than every cubic inch possible and others with deeper pockets wants it all.  Buisness is my name employees are help.

-------------

Posted By: THE-MAN
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:01am
Personally I dont care if RodB posts pics or not. Hes worth it in just in entertainment value alone, the way he exposes the Pankster. 

Posted By: Glockhead SWMI
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:09am
I think they both need a big helping of shut the hell up. Whats the saying about arguing with an idiot....

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:38am
Pank if business is your aforementioned name, Risky must be the christian part of it. Nice All Thread head studs. too Classy. But let me guess, the previous builder did that. I.E, whoever you bought that particular engine from..

So whats wrong that you cant remove them easily? The first thing to be done is to remove them so they arent in the way of your tape measure. Secondly so that you can clean up that nasty looking deck, third, if you are reinstalling sleeves, you are gonna .....wait...maybe you dont know any better, but usually, you mill down the deck just a tad bit again.

So, with the all thread studs still in, it would go to show that you are just splashing around on the net again making noise, but not really intend (or are ready) to work on anything. 

Just have WI50 build you a motor capable of winning and go pulling..If only you hadnt sold your tractor....HEY! The Ballistic tractor is sitting in the back of his barn now that he got the alky Case going. and its a PROVEN winner. Buy it from him.  Ive got to go up there in a few weeks. For $250 ill bring it down back to east of Chicago for you. Saves you 12 hr round trip, so you can get back you all your customers and all their pulling drag racing and circle track needs.. :)

Posted By: wlenoir
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:50am
This is a worse than a room full of sorority girls.   

Posted By: blue924.9
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Glockhead SWMI Glockhead SWMI wrote:

I think they both need a big helping of shut the hell up. Whats the saying about arguing with an idiot....
the words dont get any bigger so i will say it this big AMEN!!!!

Posted By: BKarpel
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 5:27pm
Those studs cant be removed. When you go that big you have to tie the block together or you will pull the studs and head off. Any engine builder should know that.

Posted By: cranky
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:04pm
I am curious of the torque specs one would use to install cylinder head.i bet those "all-thread" studs just keep on stretching till they break.the material used in those threaded rods is of the poorest quality,close to re-bar.it looks like the "studs" are clearenced near the deck,is that to clear the ring compressor during assm?

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:13pm
brandon none of the  cheerleading rods , the man, or wi know that .  They say a 4 3/4 bore is impossible .  Just showing pictures of  a large sleeve block and only .100 difference in od from the od of sleeves I been using since 2010 blows them away.  They are into little motors small bores short strokes and long rods.   well all thread can be had in schedule 80 and since all the all thread in the block  is larger in diameter than factory studs  it holds the fire rings pretty well.  no if the ring compressor was a issue  i would put the pistons /rods in from the bottom .    

-------------

Posted By: wi50
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:33pm

brandon none of the  cheerleading rods , the man, or wi know that .  They say a 4 3/4 bore is impossible .  Just showing pictures of  a large sleeve block and only .100 difference in od from the od of sleeves I been using since 2010 blows them away.  They are into little motors small bores short strokes and long rods.   well all thread can be had in schedule 80 and since all the all thread in the block  is larger in diameter than factory studs  it holds the fire rings pretty well.  no if the ring compressor was a issue  i would put the pistons /rods in from the bottom .    

I hate to burst your bubble but pipe is schedule 40, 80, 10 etc. All thread rod as in other hardware is rated by GRADE . Another thing an engine builder would know.

I realize you aren't trying to get to the moon and back nor bright enough to build you anything to make it 320 feet down the track but at least getting to the track now and then would do a few of you fellas some good.

I just felt the need to save this post for few to enjoy. I wonder what the wall thickness of schedule 80 all thread would be?   
i

-------------
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:38pm
yeap schedule 80 is pipe  grade 8 all thread  . been ordering pipe for the nuke plant and all thread for hangers  while typing .  Sometimes its hard to multi task .    I am in the shop and not in the field so i can assists sweeper in his large displacement build without crops rotting .

-------------

Posted By: Ihateillinoisnazis
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:47pm
How do you put the pistons in from the bottom? Kinda hard with that setup...

Order pipe for the plant, take some home. Typical liberal, you slack jawed hillbilly.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:54pm

yeap schedule 80 is pipe  grade 8 all thread  . been ordering pipe for the nuke plant and all thread for hangers  while typing .  Sometimes its hard to multi task .    I am in the shop and not in the field so i can assists sweeper in his large displacement build without crops rotting .

Wow, just read the schedule 80 grade 8 pipe... I used to do a lot of pipe work and NEVER heard that one. This like the forged cast rods you invented a few months ago?   

Hey, I'm on a boat right now, we trollin?

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 8:48pm
I'm not interested in being part of the fray, but I do have two questions on this.....please don't use this to further the argument.
My very limited experience in rebuilding WD/45's is that the sleeves just slip right in. why the need for an installing tool? and I didn't think it possible to install the pistons from the bottom, especially big ones, doesn't the webbing get in the way?

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 9:52pm
Well bkarpel, the only person i know ignorant enough to install non removable studs, AND use all thread would probably be Shipman. Is that who did that block?? We know it wasn't pankey. 4.75 is not undo-able. My 4.63 motor has as large a counterbore as that with a nice strong sleeve holding it together. Just because you can does not mean you should. Do i think you could get way stupid on the structural integrity of a block and wedge a big bore in, sure. Do i think it's gonna end up I'n the scrap pile? Eventually, sooner rather than later. Especially with that monkey and football show you got there.

The only thing that will kinda help that engine live is that it is probably all hard block. That's probably why the sleeves are still In it and the studs are not removable. you are going to bore .206 out of it and push ANOTHER sleeve In a sleeve In hardblock. That's what it looks like to me.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:46pm
Lou, when the slugs get big they will not clear the webbing. Spankster is showing his lack of experience saying he'd put them in from the bottom. The sleeves would have to be to short to have any stroke if he could put the pistons in the bottom. Not much different then sched 80 all-thread or cast iron forging.

Nice pictures of Tarbills old motor on ytmag there pank. Trying to pass off boughten engine as one you built by not giveing credit where credit is due. lil sweeper should read this forum where wi50 had to show you how to get rods to clear on long strokes.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 11:25am
well that's funny i took  a couple of the slugs out the bottom. I could see if you stayed center of the original bores how web could get in the way but Shipmans block moved the bores and studs. Tarbills engine is bored on center and you can see where on his webbing is in the way. Its amazing that i pay to learn and offer it up free and some on here still like rod and the Wisconsin cheerleaders can't grasp it.  Lou the sleeves are interference fit meaning they are .002 larger than the bore on average . Average meaning sleeve stock measured three places will measure three different measurements and have to be averaged. Unless the od was turned as the 4.980 sleeve pictured was by me . The inside bore will be averaged as well when bored cause sleeve will crush in and isn't perfectly round . This separates the ones who do from the ones who don't.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 11:39am
Brandon tell the man how many years the karpells ran  to quote the mans  shipmans ignorance. Hard to call someone ignorant when you can't do something they have already done even when your seeing their work in pictorial form. I have always been one if i saw it done could repeat it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 8:03am
I bet you can't post any pictures of you takeing the pistons out the bottom.  When the bores get offset they get closer to the main webbing.  The main webbing is also thicker to the sides than it is in the center.

Your last posts indicate a number of things we've known for a long time.  You have to buy your engines to try and pay to copy someone elses work.  You did say you need to see it for yourself and that you pay to learn.  A case of monkey see, monkey do.  But in your case it's monkey see, monkey try, monkey can't do, engine go boom. 

Others offer up the free advice on things they have thought out for themselves and done on their own and you have to take pictures of others work and post trying to pass as your own untill you get busted. 

-------------

Posted By: BKarpel
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 11:23am
The studs cant be removed because hard block is holding the bottom of the block together. The all thread studs do not stretch. Its is not that hard to put pistion in with the long studs. Shipman builds motors a litte different but they last. When you go that big there is not alot of metal left in the block, so things have to changed.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:18pm

hey, i like my small little motor, dang right i like short stroke and short bore with long(er) rodsBig smile its cuase i pull farm stock meaning i have to use it on the farm, so in other words this motor has to live through running all day on the auger. its also cause i pull 1st gear only so i only need enough power for first, to much and it just hurts me. also as far as i know, and i may be wrong though is that schedule 80 is a plastic pipe used for plumbing fixtures like stools and sewer lines, not something used for a motor, but again i could be wrong

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:19pm
also on another note, is this motor hardblocked or anything like that? can you still use it in the field and have it live in the field working all day or is this a pull only motor?

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 11:59pm
thee hardblock engine will likely not run more that 15 mins with no cooling. I suspect less.Not meant to "use",just pull.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:17am
Even a Shipman motor running 15 minutes between cooling is 5x longer than any pankey moter ever lasted total time ran.

You been quiet spankey since I asked to see pics of pistons taken out through the bottom. Cat got your tounge, caught in another lie? Don't lie again saying it's togather and running unless you can say where it will be running.

-------------

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:15am

I have always been one if i saw it done could repeat it. 

Guess you've NEVER seen anyone win a tractor pull?Wink

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Posted By: SF 49ers Fan
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:25am
Is this going to be a new Miniseries?
I just can't come up with a title for it.
Everything I have tried keeps coming up Censored
XXXOOO'sHeart

Posted By: Butch(OH)
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Guess you've NEVER seen anyone win a tractor pull?Wink

Daggone it Charlie why did ya have to go and post that? So I'd have to violate my self imposed ban on heckling Plnko on here??  

So you know I hadda wipe coffee and spit off my puter screen,, AGAIN. Big smile

Oh and as for taking them pistons out the bottom I am purdy certain Plnky can easily do it on his builds. Photos speak louder than words,,,

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:48am
Oh Lord that was funny. Thx Charlie! I laughed out loud! Butch, you have shown us the TN piston removal method. Saves work by keeping the head bolted on, and removing the guts with kept neatly in the oil pan!

Posted By: Ken(MI)
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:09am
Leave it to Butch, that was supposed to be a top secret piston removal trick from Tennesee, how did you sneak a camera in there when we were supposed to be learning from the Master??? BTW, I'll be at RoadAmerica this weekend, look me up Pank, I'll be at the top of the hill between the concession stand and Pit Lane, truck will say Derhaag Motorsports on the side. You accused me of never letting you know where I was racing unless it was at Homestead, so this gives you another chance to educate me and show me your stuff at work in NASCAR.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:34am
Hey Ken! long time no speaky. 

Jr. Ernhardt must have had some of them bottom removal pistons last week a MI eh? I heard he launched one out the bottom kinda violently?

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:59am
I think his volumetric oil coagulator failed in tension thus causing a rapid evacuation of the engine block.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:12am
I came up with a title for this Miniseries.

The Pulling It Show Thumbs Up

XXXOOO'sHeart

See you later, I have to check on my picnic in the smoker.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:43am
Funny thing.
I'm going to be pulling it tonight also.
Pulled pork for supper.
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:37am
LMAO.

I was hopeing pank would keep up with Rod's questions.  Giveing up is safer than keeping up, both in pulling and the type of "pulling" happening here.

But before you ask spankey, pankey, pinkey, plankey or whatever you're going by this week, while Ken is raceing, I'll be pulling.  That's right, I'm publicaly inviting you to come to Tomah Wi.  for a NTPA Grand National event.  It's free to get into the pits just in case you're still saveing your money for cam cores.  Being I own a tractor and am competeing at such an event (weather permitting) I get several passes to get through the gate and I'm offering one of them to you.  You'll save $160 for the weekend.  But it gets even better, I'd give you a "hot pass" meaning a pass to get into the stageing area and on the track. 

I figure you can rub elbows with others there and tell everyone on the track and in the stageing area how counterweighted cranks are no good, and an engine will last longer without one, billet rods are junk and how you can draw air through a carbuerator and past an intake valve faster than the speed of sound.  Should be a great time, carefull though some of those guys might take you serious and piss down your throat.

My seed company even gave me some free tickets, lots of passes to the hospitality tent, reserved seating....you can drink all the free beer you want and wander around the stands looking for other internet builders. 

Unless of course Ken has a better offer for you, I'm sure you'll find other spectators with similar intrests and no experience at either event.  You and the others will have a lot in common, you "let on a lot more than you know".

-------------
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:51am
ohhhhh pankey's gettin called out, will he look and accept or will he look and try to scheme something up

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:54am
I've got a question for Butch, Ken, Charlie, or anyone who wishes to chime in.  What is a "speed shop" in your area?  Here it's a shop where parts are built, some are bought, some are built from nothing but an idea.  Someone machines and massages them togather to have success getting down or around a track further or much faster.

This question is not for mlpankey though, he's already answered it with his definition of a "speed shop", being nothing more than a garage where you take pictures of engines built by others, taken apart and posted on the internet, his pulling results I've seen here and heard from others limet him to the 4mph class which isn't verry "fast" in my book, nor would I consider placeing so far behind the leaders being verry competitive....at lest not for a "speed shop" owner.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:00pm
Marty, the only SPEED around my shop is when the irritable bowel kicks in and I GOTTA go LOL Hope that don't leave a lasting visualization for too many. Big smile
The uptown speed shop I've heard of deals in Methamphetamine.Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:48pm
Ken, good luck in Elkhart Lake this weekend. I'll be in town all weekend except Saturday. I'll buy the beer if you want to meet at Rosie's on hwy 23 for one. It's a classy little joint away from the yuppie folks in Elkhart. I hear the hauler parade is Thursday night, y'all part of that?   Otherwise I'll be down in Tomah on Saturday.    Also there is a big rig show in tomah with the tractor pull, good times to be had.

Butch, nice work sparking this one up again! Too much fun here.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:49pm
I didn't figure I needed to offer credentials to Pank, I'm sure he has the NASCAR/GrandAM, and SCCA season deal already. I would buy him a weenie and a Coke though and invite a few guys over to listen to the lesson of the day. A speed shop around here is a pretty hush hush deal, not much to indicate what's going on inside, or who might be doing it, but if you know where to look there is a lot of stuff being built, chassis, engines, and complete cars, names like Pratt-Miller, Roush, RSR, usually there is a public address, walk right in, you will see the run of the mill performance stuff, and the fans go ohhhh and ahhhhh, then there is a another building or buildings where there is no sign and if you need to ask if it's ok to come in, it isn't. This is where you see the experiments, and rule interpretation take place and the real brains at work making things go fast.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:06pm
blocks are hard blocked only cooling the head . I am surprised ken didn't mention pankl. All performance parts either drag racing tractor pulling or nascar come from either tn or nc  . even wi camshafts come from denver nc. 

-------------

Posted By: Glockhead SWMI
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:42pm
Cast forged parts come from Panky.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Glockhead SWMI Glockhead SWMI wrote:

Cast forged parts come from Panky.

Fast forged unubtanium comes from spunk. Not even NASA has that shart.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:59pm
There sure are a lot of people other places doing a whole lot of work for nothing then Pank, if ALL race parts come from NC or TN. I wonder where my stuff ends up, and why these clowns keep paying me to come out and test new ideas. Kinda sounds like the old thing that all racers are good ole boys from the south. But then maybe Jack Roush, Roger Penske, Winston Lane, Connie Kalitta, Dick LaHaigh, Gordon Johncock, AJ Foyt etc. etc. were never real racers. WOW Pank, keep us enlightened, I need the entertainment.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:55pm
where is nascar garages  ,mike jones, located where is holley, comp cams barry grant  bullet cams harold brookshire  the late joe mondellos shop  big daddy wj ,john kaase  jack coronett , racing started in the south pretty much dominated by the south a blind hog finds a acorn every now and again explains when a yankee gets in. 

-------------

Posted By: brbrooks83
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:50pm
Pankey has a point

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:51pm
SNL coneheads did too but it was on top of their head Approve

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:23pm
Well Punk with all the winning and success in motorsports coming out of the south, you sure are a black eye to the record.  

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:52am
Andy are we counting trophies? On your book shelf or my office.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:13am

If trophies are bent rods, buckets of junk found in the bottom of the oil pan, and oh the best was that "externally balanced pulley" cob job of yours, then yes you sir are the biggest winner in the land.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:22am
Pankey cams don't work so pankey gets cams from Larry. Like complete engines.

You should feel blessed that Ken and Marty will even acknowledge your existance. They are building vehicles for the highest levels of motorsport competition in the world. Pank's proven that he can't even make it to the local level by buying his engines. Building them was even worse.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:37am
Plinky might make 2nd shift floor sweeper apprentice in the shops of the people that bring work to Ken but I wouldn't bet anything I valued on it.  After all It takes some amount of brains to push a broom and not knock valuable things about?? By the way Plinko ole buddy a lot of that work has to travel NORTH to get to Ken's shop. As Ken said no sign out front, No Looky at me and how smart I am B.S. Just people walking in the door and walking out,,,,, with parts we watch go round and round on TV Sunday afternoons.

I do wish somebody would give him another engine block to take pictures of those same two are getting boring.  Shippman and Tarbil ought to donate one each for all the free press he has given themWink

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:15am
Nope, Punk, you might actually win at something there. We pull for $ up here, and any trophies I aquire, I donate back to kids garden tractor events and pedal pulls. Would you like me to send you one?

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:20am
Ill even pay to have it engraved, "Um Speshel cuz i partisipated" so you can set it in your garage and read it when too many people call your BS on the internet, and it causes a bad day.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:34am
I remember working with Joe Lunati on some titanium valve train components back in the early '80s, a real gentleman and very intelligent racer all the way through, native of Tennesee and now, as Paul Harvey used to say, "The rest of the story".

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:43pm
What the man didnt have the money to build his 6.5 stroke crank but he has the money to pull against me.hahaha

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:23pm
Your reading comprehension must be off in Fantasy Land.  I lost interest in the project, not that I couldnt afford it.

ALSO,

You must remember that all I have to do is walk into the barn and start my tractor, and you lose. 

I have no inclination to pull against you. Again, you have no tractor. Well, you lied and talked about how you sold out a few years ago, but that does not matter anymore.  You are strictly too far away to even think about, because, really, unless Im on here, I dont think of you at all.

:)

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:33pm
too far means you cant afford the travel . I see you turned thirty two last week are you still living with mommy?

-------------

Posted By: mufflerboltz
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:59pm
Pank, what about WIs offer on the ticket to Tomah? You never answered him on that! Dang I would even chip in a few bills for your gas money so I can see you get put in your spot where you belong since I'll be there to watch actual, not imaginary, tractors pull! You are about the biggest long winded fart that I can think of! BTW nice childish remark, just goes to show how educated you really are and just don't know when to quit! That's all I have to say so go ahead and slander bone back on me!

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:04pm
Heck I'll even donate one of my VIP tickets so you can have free food and drinks if you can't afford the trip?! How about I let you ride along with me from the state line to Tomah? Just keep in mind that I tend to crank my radio when the BS gets to bad so I might have to ask for some money to replace my speakers if you decide to come

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by mufflerboltz mufflerboltz wrote:

Heck I'll even donate one of my VIP tickets so you can have free food and drinks if you can't afford the trip?! How about I let you ride along with me from the state line to Tomah? Just keep in mind that I tend to crank my radio when the BS gets to bad so I might have to ask for some money to replace my speakers if you decide to come
I have a white 18/50 yard boss you need to purchase pulls well.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:08pm
Oh?! Yo might want to keep that since it seems like that is the only tractor you own. Plus it probably is blown up cuz you had go and try to work on it

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by mufflerboltz mufflerboltz wrote:

Oh?! Yo might want to keep that since it seems like that is the only tractor you own. Plus it probably is blown up cuz you had go and try to work on it
I mowed with it Saturday. Still see your a rooky .

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:11pm
Really!!!! That is your response

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by blue924.9 blue924.9 wrote:

Really!!!! That is your response

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:19pm
Yeah so?! What's your point? Show some proof that you pull? You just an idiot behind a keyboard! My 7 year old son has made to 300 ft more then you and yes its on a garden tractor that him and I built together!So are you going to be a big d-bag and cut down on a 7 year also? at least he doesn't make up stories and is also the future of pulling! Tell you what a-hole, come visit my garage and talk some smart talk! I'm tired of coming on here to get a little info and seeing you useless "info"! Truthfully I really don't care if I get blocked but maybe someday we will see you blocked but for Pete sake shut up cuz nobody cares!

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:21pm
have a bad day on the towmotor

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:24pm
What? Man you're a moron! I'm done dealing with you!

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

If trophies are bent rods, buckets of junk found in the bottom of the oil pan, and oh the best was that "externally balanced pulley" cob job of yours, then yes you sir are the biggest winner in the land.

Is this what you mean... I laugh every time I see this guys handywork

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:39pm
DONT LOOK NOW FOLKS, BUT THE REAL PUNK IS BEGINNING TO SHOW HIMSELF..

Affordability has nothing to do with it. It would be a waste of time and fuel to pull against a guy who has said he sold his tractor. You remind me of the kind of guy who promises to fight, but then wont show up or doubles back on a handshake deal because of a "technicality".

Thanks for the B-Day wishes. Since it interests you so much,  after my mom had her stroke, and having no sister or brother to depend on, well, it was much better for me to be there for her than not. But you WOULD be the kind of guy to try to throw that in someones face, wouldnt you? Good thing my mom is more important to me than what you think of me. I mean, you not liking me is kind of a compliment.

Dont look now, but your true colors are showing..

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

<FONT style=": #000000"> 

<FONT style=": #000000">Is this what you mean... I laugh every time I see this guys handywork

I guess that's two of us laughing at the craftsmanship in that beauty. I took a dump at work today that looked better than that.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:03pm
So Mitch, got a 32 inch Westinghouse HDTV with a burning plastic smell around a year and a half ago google search tells alot bout a fella. Lookin at some previous posts of yours.... So who is maria

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 3:34am
In regards to a lot of the posts above:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”  Albert Einstein
XXXOOO'sHeart

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 7:05am
Wow Marty you can post pictures of someones craftsmanship just like Jealous Mitch. I bet you aren't going to try to pass that off as your own personal work.

If there's so many ALLIS CHALMERS pulling engines being built in your TN. speed shop there spankey then why are you always posting pictures of Tarbills engine? You still have not tried to prove me wrong with pictures or a short video of removing those pistons through the bottom.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:29pm
you mean you cant read as much into his post as you do mine

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:35pm
i show some 2010 picture as to where we were and 2013 pictures as to where we are. As far as pictures have you answered the call out on showing your pulling tractor Rod .  No you haven't cause you are the sites troll who has nothing but a computer, You like that picture of the front pulley where i shown you a allis crank can be externally balanced wi after all I can find the post where you said they couldn't be externally balanced but as usual you were wrong again.  you should show the 6 1/4 crank video where i show you how to spin one up to balance and tell if its a quality welded crank. Oh you don't want customers to know that do you?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 9:22pm
What you gonna hit the crank with the hammer? How about you flipping the switch on the balancer... Wow that was educational... Do you really want to start the crank balancing post again? You already lost once.. I guess it's something your good at.. Maybe that should be your nitche... Sucking.

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 10:58pm

What you gonna hit the crank with the hammer? How about you flipping the switch on the balancer... Wow that was educational... Do you really want to start the crank balancing post again? You already lost once.. I guess it's something your good at.. Maybe that should be your nitche... Sucking.

At life!!!!

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 7:12pm
i didnt want to go to in depth cause it would have been over you guys head if i had went in more depth than turning the switch on. I know to take it slow with you guys. you know all these new comers and all who hasn't pulled but ask three questions and have become expert.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 9:15pm

i didnt want to go to in depth cause it would have been over you guys head if i had went in more depth than turning the switch on. I know to take it slow with you guys. you know all these new comers and all who hasn't pulled but ask three questions and have become expert.

The people who can explain something complicated in the simplest form know it the best because they understand it. Sir Albert said something about that. You don't understand the basics of how or why a crank is balanced and you're only bright enough to push the record button and flip the switch at the same time.   You can't fool us spunk, your game is over. Go fabricate lies on some other forum. YT and the chainsaw forum already cut you down to size <- ha a pun. Good luck.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 10:59am
What was that that he had on his signature line recently?? Something about crude engine work he saw on the internet?  

Plinkos fabrications are always good for a chuckle but he could at least have some concern for innocent by-standers and put a  scatter shield around that accident waiting to happen,,, if he ever puts an engine back together,, oh wait a minute, any  shrapnel should get tangled up in the fish net like maze of oil cooler lines,, LOL

Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

[

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:39am
And something about Daffy Duck being smarter than the plinkster.

I never noticed this before but look at the welder cable connector in that pulley pic. Busted and bare copper hanging out of the connector, not on the business end either. That hillbilly is a safety persons nightmare. Maybe he can blame his pigeon pile welding on defective cables hahah.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:51am

I never noticed this before but look at the welder cable connector in that pulley pic. Busted and bare copper hanging out of the connector, not on the business end either. That hillbilly is a safety persons nightmare. Maybe he can blame his pigeon pile welding on defective cables hahah.

Meanwhile down at the nuke plant,,,,,,,ConfusedConfusedConfused

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Meanwhile down at the nuke plant,,,,,,,ConfusedConfusedConfused

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh Butch. I just imagine the stuff Homer Simpson did at the nuke plant and spunk can't be much farther off.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 5:21pm
Butch we do dynamic balance shots  there to. Turbine for sure.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:33pm

Butch we do dynamic balance shots  there to. Turbine for sure.

You don't balance turbines, there's no way anyone would let you play with a turbine, more or less add weight to one. Just cause you overheard someone talking about something doesn't make you a professional..

For those who don't know, most turbines are balanced in a vacuum, or a balance pit. On site trim runs are not done by guys like the spunkster.

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:16am
All those turbos are balanced, in spanky's head, the most perfect vacuum found in nature!

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:53am

You don't balance turbines, there's no way anyone would let you play with a turbine, more or less add weight to one. Just cause you overheard someone talking about something doesn't make you a professional..

For those who don't know, most turbines are balanced in a vacuum, or a balance pit. On site trim runs are not done by guys like the spunkster.

Somebody has to run the on/off switch??Wink

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 6:48am
Most "turbines" with respect to a power plant are HP-IP-LP units. THEy are 40 some feet long and have 15-20 stages of blades, then a generator unit on the end. Putting a weight on any area will effect the balance of the entire machine. The unit is brought up to speed and a 100 different readings are taken in multiple areas. You then need an expert to analysis the system and determine where to place the weight. Most weights are screwed into threaded holes at each end of each shaft, just for this purpose. I would guess noone does this in-house. There are a couple dozen or so "experts" in the country that do this. Its not cheap to startup, take off and balance, then startup to see what you have accomplished. These guys get BIG bucks to come onsite and do this.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 7:53am
Thank you Steve. Further reinforcing my point, this idiot has no clue.   He hasn't posted in a couple hours, most likely trying to fabricate another lie as he pushes a broom in someone's shop trying to listen in on a conversation...

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 11:49am
For a guy who's ordering schedule 80 all thread and grade 8 pipe for the nuke, this guy isn't balanceing anything more than a broom.

I still want to see those pictures of you takeing pistons out the bottom liar liar pankey.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Most "turbines" with respect to a power plant are HP-IP-LP units. THEy are 40 some feet long and have 15-20 stages of blades, then a generator unit on the end. Putting a weight on any area will effect the balance of the entire machine. The unit is brought up to speed and a 100 different readings are taken in multiple areas. You then need an expert to analysis the system and determine where to place the weight. Most weights are screwed into threaded holes at each end of each shaft, just for this purpose. I would guess no one does this in-house. There are a couple dozen or so "experts" in the country that do this. Its not cheap to start up, take off and balance, then start up to see what you have accomplished. These guys get BIG bucks to come onsite and do this.
yeap thats how we do it at tva in house. did a bus duct cooler last week. turbine has to be on turning gear .

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net