This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switched over to the dark side new jd 5045e

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switched over to the dark side new jd 5045e
    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:10pm
I have always wanted to buy a new tractor since I was a kids and would love to buy a new Allis Chalmers but obviously that can’t happen. So tomorrow I get to pick up my brand new John Deere 5045e the smallest John Deere with a jd motor and smallest 2wd. Am very excited not only did I get I think of as a killer deal but be able to follow a tractor from new ( I would love to know where all my other tractors spent the lives and came from when new like my 1938 b and what that person did to be able to afford it).
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:36pm
you are a marked man! what was wrong with the other orange or the red,? PfffffT! that's it...yer outta my will!
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:55pm
Hope you have better luck with yours than the farm across the river from me has had with their JD 5055.I had to go over and unload hay for them because their 5055 just stopped and wouldn't move.This was the 2nd time. JD place had come out and Updated the computer and some other things stayed about 1 hr,bill was over $800 as the tractor had just run out of warranty. So then it did the same thing again and JD was going to charge them fro another service call,haven't heard the co$t on that one yet.They're  also built in
India.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:56pm
Ooohh you got shameless upset. Keep it inside so it don't get any pink on it!
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:59pm
Bah... only JD can service some of the systems on green tractors. They have proprietary computer programs for that. If I had my druthers I'd go with one of the red imports. Kioti comes to mind as one I've heard good things about.
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:07pm
You still have snow. Congrats on the new ride. You're gonna get beat up.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:10pm
That is actually a TRACTORWacko
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
youngorange2000 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:31pm
Looks fun! thanks for sharing
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:02pm
I'll start by saying I'm not  a big Deere fan but give you an example of a tough little Deere.  I've volunteered at an Ag Museum for many years.  They have a 4610 with loader and a belly mower.  This thing gets rode hard and put away wet. It's 4WD Yanmar diesel with hydrostat.  Get's the oil and filters changed once a year.  The only weak point is the adjustable steering wheel.  Has a lot of plastic. I know there's no comparison with yours but it is a testimonial of that particular model.  Good luck with yours.  I have relatives who have been forced to the Green side strictly because they are the only service and parts available.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Dennis J OPKs Dennis J OPKs wrote:

I'll start by saying I'm not  a big Deere fan but give you an example of a tough little Deere.  I've volunteered at an Ag Museum for many years.  They have a 4610 with loader and a belly mower.  This thing gets rode hard and put away wet. It's 4WD Yanmar diesel with hydrostat.  Get's the oil and filters changed once a year.  The only weak point is the adjustable steering wheel.  Has a lot of plastic. I know there's no comparison with yours but it is a testimonial of that particular model.  Good luck with yours.  I have relatives who have been forced to the Green side strictly because they are the only service and parts available.

I have a neighbor who has several of those 5xxx series Deere's. And one 4xxx series JD green Yanmar. Everyone of his employees prefer the Yanmar.On the other hand. There's ALOT of those Deere's around. Must be something to it.
Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:42pm
I have a 2010 4320 with a cab there is about 800 hours on it 1 tie rod end and oil and filter changes its been a great tractor and it makes my day every time I plow snow Brush hog or till food plots what ever I need to do its done it. hope you enjoy your new tractor as much as I have with mine. Randy
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:45pm
Congratulations, a new tractor! Can you disclose the paid price before any taxes?

Similar size to the Kubota M5660SU. The JD is about 500 pounds heavier, the front axle looks like an industrial tractor.

What is the model from New Holland about this weight and power?  Massey Ferguson?

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:01pm
WOW! What can I say???Wink

[TUBE]WpSsHa37pOw[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:08pm
Ya might wanna keep her inside. Guarantee ya that old shameless is gonna dump a whole bunch of dirty snow on her. Just funning you. Good luck with her.
ryanschott View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm
Tractor after rebates was $16800
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:37pm
should be a good unit, sounds like a good deal. You will enjoy it.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:55pm
Congratulations! Good dealer service will determine whether it is just an okay tractor or a great tractor. Hope you get many years of good service out of it.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:20pm
Congrats there is nothing like a new tractor. I can still remember waiting in 2003 for the Kubota dealer to deliver our new L3830. We all sat outside waiting for the rollback to come up the drive. Please keep us updated on how it does. Last year at the farm show in Raleigh NC they were selling that tractor for $15500 I had to run away before I bought one. I think it’s a good deal for the money.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:53am
Hey, that is a nice looking tractor. I was always fond of the first 5045D's, before they changed the styling a couple years ago. Lots of horse people around here have those kind of tractors, so they must be easy to operate, as well as able to handle some abuse. 

And...I'll help you get Shameless's crosshairs pointed away from you...I just bought another 8N a couple days ago (but he doesn't know it yet!) 

Edited by CrestonM - 13 Apr 2019 at 11:54am
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 12:02pm
He does now. Wink My older sis wants a 8N, she's only 4'11" and I'm 6'.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 6:52pm
diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and diesel particulate filter (DPF)  the down side....
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 8:18pm
Deere is the next best thing to an Allis! I got a Deere in my fleet and love it! Matter of fact I wish my last 6080 was a Deere.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 8:26pm
Easy there Victory you can get burned at the stake for words like that lol this is an Allis forum lol
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Red Bank Red Bank wrote:

Easy there Victory you can get burned at the stake for words like that lol this is an Allis forum lol

My first 2 6080’s are awesome #3 is a hell child. I’ve spent more on repairs on it in the last 6 months than I have #1 in 20 years.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 8:43pm
About 10 - 12 years ago, my oldest brother needed a tractor to replace the wore out POC  he had. He was looking at Orange Kubota, but ended up buying a Deere about that size.
 It spent more time in the shop than on the farm the first year, with lots of little PIA things. All kinds of trouble with linkages from what I understand.
 Once all the bugs were worked out, it has been a decent tractor for him. I think his son in law lays claim to it now, because he has horses and uses it to make and move hay, snow and manure.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 6:18am
I bought a 4320 cab and loader unit new in 2006, it now has 2600 hrs. on it.  It is a pre emissions tractor.  The front left wheel fell off within the first two hrs becuz the assembly robot forgot to put a washer on.   J D "fixed " it but that gear box had fillings in it a year later, so I insisted they replace the whole drop box which they did.  Other than that tractor has not had a single issue.    
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:38am
so what is life gonna be like for that new tractor?
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:33am
Congratulations on the new tractor! Hey I just remembered I have a John Deere 110 lawn tractor in the fleet too. I need to find that and get it out in the light!
You will have many years of service from the new JD machine. Surprised you got 2 wheel drive? 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Originally posted by Red Bank Red Bank wrote:

My first 2 6080’s are awesome #3 is a hell child. I’ve spent more on repairs on it in the last 6 months than I have #1 in 20 years.
What's to say another Deere would be any better. When buying used tractors it's a coin toss.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:42am
I've got a greenie, but its not a Deere. It just eats my weed patch surrounding the house. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic