This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snow plow help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockyBottomFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snow plow help
    Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 12:45pm
So I'm building mounts to put a 5 foot ATV plow on my tractor. My concern is that the mount might not come off friendly. Anyone have any pics? I google searched in the past and found on here that some one had a B with a plow on it, can someone bump it, I can't find it. They were rebuilding it and replacing worn parts.

Thanks
38 & 41 B, sickle mower, 2 way plows, rear field cultivator, 2 row drill planter
40 Combine
66 Combine
Roto Baler
Sponsored Links

scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:17pm

Is a B what youre hooking the plow up to? Kinda light for pushing much snow...

I'd like to hook up a Degelman front blade to my 7040 to really get er done. Combined with the 9' back blade and the weighted and loaded rears and look out!

Have you considered a loader frame and bucket arms to hold your snow blade? I have a setup like that on a smaller tractor, OK, its a Case, but it works good until the snow gets too deep. I think if I had more weight the results would be even better.

RockyBottomFarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockyBottomFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:41pm
Yes I'm putting this on my 38 B. Loader idea might work, but I don't want ta have to put on an additional hydraulic system.
38 & 41 B, sickle mower, 2 way plows, rear field cultivator, 2 row drill planter
40 Combine
66 Combine
Roto Baler
RockyBottomFarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockyBottomFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 3:11pm

I found it and bumped it!  my plow is not near as big as his.  A allis B might be light, but at around 2000lbs, its alot more than the 700lb fourwheeler the plow used to be on!  I have rear wheel weights and if need will put fluid in rear tires, then if needed tire chains.   I want the plow to mid mount.  Using a factory cylinder to lift with a chain.  I have half the mount ( and pieces ) made.  Think I figured out how I can build mount slightly different and remove it easily yet.  

40 Combine
66 Combine
Roto Baler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic