This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SC Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SC Blade
    Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:16pm
Where can you get the cutting edge for the sc blades?
Can't fix stupid
Sponsored Links

dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:31am
few years back i got a western snow plow cutting blade with on holes' cut my own holes wear they go an it works good an looks good. price was a lot better also..
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:31am
When I got one, it came from Caterpillar, that was the lowest cost at that time. I could probably get the part number off of it. That was for the main section. As for the add on ends, I don't know of anything ready to bolt on. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:24am
Road grader cutting edges bolt right on. Check with your local county or city maintenance department as to where they get theirs. Or check with a local construction contractor, they may even sell you one. Any construction equipment dealership would probably have one on hand.

Edited by truckerfarmer - 12 Jan 2019 at 8:40am
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
AJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:57am
Thanks guys
Can't fix stupid
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:27am
Caterpiller has the cutting edges.  According to my notes, part #7T-1633H is the CAT part you need.  I had to cut 18" off each end for my extensions.  As I recall, 2 of 3 holes matched up, so just used them on the extensions.  There has been a previous discussion on this, but my search couldn't find it.  May have been five or six years ago, so perhaps the search won't work that far back.  Dave
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:38pm

Couple pics of mine. This is a 7' cutting edge on my 6' sc blade with 6" extensions I made. As you can see, without the extensions it would use all the bolt holes. All cutting edges use a standard spacing. Cutting edges come in 6', 7' and 8' lengths. If you buy a new one, it will probably be the last one you will ever buy, because they will last a long time on a blade with no down pressure.

AJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
Do you recall what they cost?
Can't fix stupid
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:47pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:13am
A used one off a road grader would still have more life remaining than any of us here.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:21pm
According to Ted J's post, it looks like someone need one about every three years.  Accordingly I think Ted should repost his post every three years!LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by AJ AJ wrote:

Do you recall what they cost?

I got mine from city street dept at govt bid price, through a friend that is a subcontractor for city. I paid $79 for a 7'. Going through a dealer, I'm gonna guess they would be around $100. Definitely worth the money.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:28pm
The ones our city uses come from Equipmentblades.com. Just Google road grade cutting edges and you should be able to find something local. Titan machinery (Case construction equipment) is who delivers them to us. John Deere (RDO) should also be able to get them.

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

According to Ted J's post, it looks like someone need one about every three years.  Accordingly I think Ted should repost his post every three years!LOL
You'll have to help me on this John, with MY memory, I'll NEVER remember to do it!! LOL Big smile Wink
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic