This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuilding the D14 backhoe/loader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 6:16am
Dj, sorry to hear about your youngin'. I had 'heat exhaustion'  2 summers ago. it's one notch below 'heat stroke'. Aparrently I told neighbour I felt I was in LALA land, talked to EMT, locked up house, took trip in ambulance,went to ER, had a whack of tests done,stayed overnight and 3 IVs. I lost about 8 hours of 'short term' memory. ZERO knowlege of what really went on. Good news is I didn't sell any 'orange' in them 8 hrs !! Today, I drink a LOT of water,try to reduce salty stuff,stay in shade,big fan in garage for breeze.
Since then, I can't stand the heat and pace myself accordingly,don't think I'll ever get over that ,oh well, time to slow down a tad......

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 7:10am
Jay try drinking gatoraid instead of water. I can't drink straight water when it is hot because I get a bloated feeling from it and don't sweat enough but with gatoraid for at least half of what I drink I do tons better.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 12:06pm
once you've had that heat exhaustion, you are really susceptable to it from then on! I can't take the heat anymore either.  
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 12:08pm
Shameless guess you had better stay out of the kitchen. ...
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 1:30pm
Gatorades's too pricey.
homemade stuff is ...

1/2 glass tom juice
1/4 glass OJ
few glugs of lemon juice
and some salt....

yeah, makes my stomach turn BUT not migraines, sinus attacks and can remember what I did 2-3 hours ago !!

I quit for today, got Milton running !! Bodged the manifold, it's QUIET...
now of course it's DOMINO D-14.... made a proper govenor 'link' rod,need to find my spare anti-surge spring, needs totally new wiring, gotta fix a few loader hydraulic leaks, rockshaft ram seal is gone, and.... few other things BUT  first turn of the key(well, that's after I rebuilt the starter, added new solenoid,....) He's ALIVE !!!

Jay

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:35pm

Well,,we got home just a few minutes ago,,and Joseph went straight to bed in the back bedroom,,closed the door and said,,,"don't wake me tomorrow unless the house is on fire,,,and only if it is in this hallway,,,,"
 Boy..I tell you when you have dogs,,,and you been gone a few days,,,,,,,,there is NO QUESTION, who is glad to see who,,,,,,!!!! Ole Hungry tried to tackle me out on the porch and wouldn't let the wife in the house until he got a good amount of back rubbing,,and then,,I thought the two Yorkies was goin to have a chittin fit if we didn't pick em up pretty quick and also get a good pettin and scratchin,,,,Dang,,It's good to be home,,,,,,ClapClap
   Many thanks for the concerns,,,,,,Guys,,,,
  Not meanin to dis-agree, Dan, but actually,,the Dr. told Joseph that Gatoraid was not good for a diabetic as it had too much sugar,,,,and ,,,,,,,get this,,,Shameless,,,,,LOL,,,,the Dr said that you could not drink anything  better in the hotter months,,,,than,,,,,,Apple Cider Vinegar,,,,THAS RIGHT,,,,he did say Apple Cider vinegar,,,,!!!!Cause it had a "cooling affect" and I have to agree,,,,,,!!!Clap
 This is how I fix mine and is a very refreshing drink on a hot day with low amounts of sugars so Diabetics can drink this with no concerns.
   In a 32 Oz glass add  2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
    Add 2 packets of Stevia sweetner  ( sugar free and Natural)
    Add 1 tablespoon of Organic Blue Agave nectar ( has a low glycemic Index)
    ADD water,,mix well,,fill  to 2/3 full and top off with ice.
 There are MANY, many medical studies and reports that have been published about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. I use the " BRAGG" brand that is organic, Raw, Unfiltered " With The Mother",,, whatever that means,,,,? I really enjoy a big cup of this mix on a hot day and can sense the pick me up after drinkin it,,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:13pm
I boughts a bottle of that vinegar and have it out in my shop...took a swig of it and about....well it wasn't pretty! but have kinda been getting used to it! the old lady.....ooooops....I mean the loving wife "shivers" when she see's me take a swig of it! I bought some of that agave stuff and like everything else I buy and bring home....it's never to be found again....well maybe a year later....but she didn't put it anywhere you know! when I was a Deputy, wearing them black boots on hot days, we would all soak our feet in that apple cider vinegar after work each day, kept the feet healthy, and kept them from rotting off! I too have been told by several Docs, that the Gatorade is not as good for people as is advertised. but it is wet, and the body needs wet to survive! so it's better than nothing! maybe some day i'll have everything together to mix up joe's hooch!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:16pm
right now i'm enjoying sum frozen vanilla yogurt sprinkle with cinnamon. for my diabetes! the cinnamon takes the electric shocks away and lowers my numbers on my testings. 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 4:15am

"" took a swig of it and about....well it wasn't pretty!""
  Shameless,,,,,!!!!,,,you ain't 'possed to swig it straight outa the bottle,,,,CHIT,,,that right there is  why you ain't likin it,,,,!!!
 I'm tellin you for reals,,if you mix it like I tell you,,,you'll like it,,,and I'll wager my backhoe 'gainst your Chevy-Allis,,,,,,how's thet,,,for a "convincer" ????Wink
  AND,,,,if your concock,tion ain't sugar free,,,,,well,,,,,,,all the cinnemin in IOWA ain't gonna help,,,,,,Wink
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 6:11am
Joe is that before or after you get that hoe cylinder fixed? Lmoa didn't think it was giving you soo much trouble you would want it gone....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 8:04am
we wonders if/when you ever gits done with your backhoe, when you is gonna come fix my backhoe? i'm waiting patiently....but winter is nearing here and I spose i'll hafta put a tarp up for you to work inside of?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 8:05am
i'll even let you take a swig or 2 outta my cider bottle!
copyrite1972 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 8:38am
Apple cider vinegar works wonders for cramps! The taste takes some gittin' used to (I'da give a months pay to have seen Ol'Shameles's face when he hit that bottle the first time!!!)but the cramps go away real quick like!
D15 Series II
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 10:08am

Shameless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whew,,,!!!  Ya see,,,I don't drink whisky out the  bottle and like my Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), I likes it mixed,,,for reals,,the scientific boys are really high on ACV for it's many health benefits and like ole Copy says,,,it fixes lots of ail's
 I heard bout an older fellar gots a shop up in the Alien town that is an old Massy Ferguson /Ford mom & Pop type shop, and I'm headed up there here in a few to go check him out. Hoping he either can get the parts or know who to call,,,,,

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:54pm
take him sum apple cider vinegar!
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 8:14pm
Better take him a bottle of the Joes special drink if you give him the shameless straight up bottle you will end up paying double for everything. ...
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 7:59pm

well,,,,,we're back in Lubbock, Tx  today as our Son, Joseph, started to gettin sick same as last week, Dr.s can't seem to pin down what the problem is. He passed out yesterday afternoon and we had to call ambulance, EMT's took him to Art. General and they ambulanced him back to Lubbock last nite. Pretty dang frustrating that they can't find whats causing his issues,,,,,,,,,,Drs. have ruled out seizures, menningitus and heart issues,,,so,,,???
   Guess  we gonna keep askin the man upstairs for some help to get him back on his feet,,,,
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 8:07pm
Prayers for you joe. I know all too well how frustrating it is to have the docs tell you they don't know what is going on. If they decide it is heat related send him to Australia to get those parts.lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 12:19am
prayers from here to Joe for your son! keep us posted!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 12:20am
hummmmm....wonder how long joe will be gone this time? Dan ta wanna meet me at his place? bring a BIG trailer.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 8:35am

well,,,I ain't sayin nothing but,,,,,ole Hungry promised me he would keep a close eye on the D14 whilst we gone,,,,,,but,,,,,but I had to promise HIM,,,I would get him a new pic of ole Shameless,,,as he's bout got the last one all chewed up from all the slobber'in he does on it at night,,,,,,,,,Wink

Anyway,,,on Joseph,,the Drs STILL ain't sayin what the issue was that knocked him down but after runnin all them tests AGAIN and all are negative,,,they may send him home today,,,,,again. I told Joseph to tell em he AIN'T goin till they find something even if it just a cold,,,,,,I'm just worried he'll get off somewhere and it happen again with no help close by,,,but I guess we cannot live on " What If's",,huh,,,???
 I'm ready to get back to my tractor again,,,,,Clap
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 8:39am
When you get home check the dog house. You will probably find Hungry has Shameless trapped in the corner licking him and protecting the d14 at the same time. I was too busy trying to find a crank shaft for my d17 lucky for you the d14 motor was too small for my d17....
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 8:53am

You will probably find Hungry has Shameless trapped in the corner licking him and protecting the d14 at the same time.

LOLLOL,,,,DAN,,,,,that is hillary,,,,er,,,,,hillarious,,,,,,,,,,LOLLOL
 YOU have a great day,,,Ya hear,,,,!!!!LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 9:54pm

LOLLOL,,,,Hey Dan,,,I'm still laughin on ole Hungry and Shameless,,,and as much as ole Shameless likes animals,,,,he's gonna fit right in,,,,,,WinkWink
   HEY,,,got a great update on my search for the dang seals for this Cessna Rotary Cylinder,,,GRrrrr,,,I;m beginnin to get a little peeeeved,,,BUT,,,all is not lost,,,ole JPG in Australia has been contactin the folks at Griffiths Traders, but he is all the way across country from them,,,,BUT,,,,BUT,,,a Guy that has been a member for a while,,, but was just a little too shy bout postin,,, cause he said he was a'feared  ole Shameless might want to go to POKIN him too hard,,,,,WinkWink,,,, so,,,go easy on ole Bill,,,Shameless,,,,Wink,,,at least till he gets me the parts,,,heh,,,heh,,,hehClap
  Anyway,,ole Bill from Oregon has a Son that lives in Sydney, Au, which is where the company is and he has offered his and his Son's help to  actually go and put his hands on the parts to verify we get the right kit,,,,,,,looks as if this may get resolved pretty soon,,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 2:15am
well...my poking stick is really sharp and ready....but just fer you, i'll set it off to the side a bit....(still with-in reach tho)... and I sure hope they find out what's bother'in little Joe! hunting season is comin up you know! Hungry tole me he needs more big bones to knaw on!  
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 5:13am

Well,,Thanks for your concerns,, Shameless,,,,I am kinda concerned as Joseph came into den last night and told his mother his head was really hurtin again, but he went in back room and laid down. The one thing they told us at Hospital was they were takin him off the Ambian another Dr had prescribed, as the neurologist felt that might be causing his issues,,,,Dang,,I'm hopin they is right and he gets past this,,!!Hard to concentrate on much else when this is hanging on,,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 5:24am

Talkin bout dog bones,,,when our #4 Son, that was visitin from Dallas, he had gone to local store and brought some BIG bones for ole Hungry,,, I did not know they sold the bones,,but guess them store butchers don't throw nuttin away,,,WinkWink Jerry said they was $.29/ lb,,,,,,!
  I sawed them in pieces and ole Hungry sure did love em,,,gave him the last one , so guess I'll go get him some more,,,,Ole Hungry LOVES huntin season cause he gets to "share" in the spoils with all them Deer or Elk bones if we lucky enough to get one,,,,Clap
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 6:14am
Joe see of there is a small butcher shop near by. They do sell bone for making broth but I bet a small butcher shop has more bones then they know what to do with as most people don't want them back.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 7:51am
yeah Joe....what Dan says. usually they have sum bones and meat scraps they throw off into a barrel over by the saw, they throws that away. I used to ask and go make my choice to what went home for the dog! don't make a pig of yourself or they'll start charging for it!  
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 3:19am

Well,,,Shameless,,,somebody else done "pigged it up" for all us others,,,cause Jerry said they charged him $.29/lb for them bones he got,,,,,,dang $.29/lb for ,,,,,,bones,,,,????
   none of the boys drew a huntin permit this year and neither did I,,,,!!!  Jon was waitin on Game Dept. to announce if any leftover permits for sale but they are usually the hunt units that nobody wanted,,,,,
   Hey,,,,!!! Just thought of something,,,,maybe we can come hunt in that big area just south of your house,,,I'll bet theys a lot of deer runnin around in all them trees,and buildings,,,????Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic