This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rc rear wheels?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rc rear wheels?
    Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 2:39pm
What is the differences between RC centers and Wc centers??  Thanks for the help!!!
Sponsored Links

MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 3:29pm
I've been told the WC centers have 2 half moon notches in them and the RC only has 1.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
TomMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 3:46pm
As stated the RC has just one mouse hole.
RC:

WC:

The bolts that hold it on are also unique to the RC.  Tom
Gary(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 5:02pm
Antbody need aset of those wheel bolts I have them for sale  Gary Roidt 920 253 8192
WC7610 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WC7610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:05pm

Gary,  I was just going to say that the bolts are special to the RC! 

I have some of Gary's RC bolts and can testify they are well done.
Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson
TomMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:18pm
I got the bolts in the top picture from Gary too, very nice.  Tom
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 6:25am
i subscribe to the theory that while the one hole cut-out may have been made for the rc, at certain times they used whatever they had on hand.  both of my rc's have the 2 hole cut-outs like the wc.  alan
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:33am
As usual Tom takes excellent pic that make it very clear
NNYACAL View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNYACAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 9:17am
 My R.C. has flat spokes on 28" rims and if it is not original someone sure did a great job of converting from steel to rubber. Any thoughts on this would be helpful!!!!
G,IB,B,C,CA,RC,WC,WF,WD,WD45,D14,D17SERIES 1,2,4
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 4:56pm
I would think that your wheels are definitely cut-down steel wheels. If they were the F&H round spoke 28 inchers, I'd guess that you had a set of Farmal F20 wheels. Even on WCs I'm sure every set of flat spokers I've ever encountered began life as steelies! Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 6:50pm
Most times if a rim went bad, it was easier to switch the entire wheel than just the rim.  Same would go for tires - WC wheels are plentiful, RC rims & wheels are not - certainly many RC's had WC rims & centers put on them over the years. 
-John
Gary(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 4:30pm
If anybody is interested in some wheel bolts I can have some more made $22 each plus shipping  Gary Roidt 920 253 8192
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic