This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rare 70-52 plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rare 70-52 plow
    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 7:09am
OK, I've got my '70-53' plow almost all dissassembled which I'm converting into  '52'. Silly question. Should the 'beam and blades' section U-bolted to the 'pipe' be able to rotate relative to the 'triangulare piece with the beaming screw ?
Sorry for the non correct terms...
Also shold the Snap-Coupler bar be centered between the 2 plows, it was(is) inline with the center plow of 3.

Thanks
yeah you can laugh....
Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:55am
hmm, I figure the collar between the uprights is the 'positioning adjustment device'...yeah the thing with a square headed set screw that's been rusted in place for 50 years or so ? THAT should be 'fun' to loosen and remove..
so far I've bused TWO 1/2" rachets getting things unstuck !
Jay

Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:18am
Laterally you want the left side of the right plow bottom to be inside the rear tractor wheel by the width of the plow bottom whether its 2 or 3 or 5 bottoms. So you keep the hitch the same, just remove the left bottom and its shank from the three bottom frame and hitch.

Gerald J.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 11:11am
so the 3 hour workout I got this morning I really didn't need ??? sigh...
oh well...
guess I'll see how humpty-dumpty goes back together.....
heck, it's fun, warm-cool, sunny, quiet....
Thanks for the edumucation !

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:04pm
On our 3 bottom snap coupler plow we used on out late model WD, to change from 3 bottom to a 2 bottom, you removed the 2nd bottom and moved the 3rd to where the second was. This was because the third bottom had a much longed land-slide.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:22pm
Jay,
 I made one old plow from two old plows. I went through some of the same frustrations. Trying to get parts freed up and working. I can tell you that if you want to plow with it, the time to fix it is worth it! Even hooking it up was nice because I could adjust the SC hitch on the plow up or down to back into the SC bell on the tractor. I think its time for some pictures!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:53pm
make sure the tractor you use to plow with, you have the wheels set at the correct width.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:40pm
Thanks for the comments guys ! I'm just trying to make a saleable 2F plow. After 1/2 day of heat and oil still can't get the beam to rotate on the big bar. Maybe the frost tonight will help ?? lol... At least it now LOOKS like a 2F plow !! I'm hoping it'll free up once it's back in the dirt, where it belongs.
Cheers
Jay

bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 6:36pm
I've always said the difference between my plows and your real plow is my beaming screw works !

1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic