This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question on wood table

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on wood table
    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:38pm
I'm working on a small table for my Granddaughter and her Husband for their game room.  The top is 24" X 30", I set in 1 1/4" from edge and ran a small route line on all sides, which I would like to be blue, for the LEO blue line, as they both are involved in police work.   The question is what can I fill or color the route line with so it will show blue.  Thanks...
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:53pm
Epoxy is the best answer I got. https://youtu.be/tDbifk_UayU
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Epoxy is the best answer I got. https://youtu.be/tDbifk_UayU

Cool video!Thumbs Up
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:42pm
A dumb idea, but if the router line is not to deep or wide, could you fill it with paint? Sand it smooth and varnish over it?
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:45pm
every time that dude cut that plank, I about ….
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 12:05am
[TUBE]tDbifk_UayU[/TUBE]
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:38am
That's really cool. Dudes got a nice shop and lots of toys
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 5:53pm
Unit 3, I think the paint idea is going to be the best bet for me.  Bought some craft paint in a tube at Walmart, and did a test on a piece of scrap.  Used "frog" tape on each side of route line, might take a couple of coats to fill, did not soak in, and is acrylic waterbased so will top coat with a waterbased clear.  Thanks.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 5:57pm
If the paint leeches under the tape a little just sand the top again. Should be good to go! Post a pic when it's done.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic