This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Over Budget Allis 440 Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
badjeep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Wow!!!!!! The more I see and hear about that tractor, the more awesome it gets. That is something you can be right proud of, and don't worry for a minute about being over budget, because I am sure you don't plan on selling it anyhow. And take this as a warning if I ever get into your neck of the woods, I am stopping in for a first hand look at it. Thanks for sharing all of them beautiful pictures of your work with us. Darrel

No I dont plan on ever selling it, I plan on putting to to work for many years. If you are ever in the middle of boondocks Kansas you are more than welcome to stop by
In the shed- 7020,7060, L2 X (2), CII, WD X (2), 200, 210, 611H, 440, Fiat Allis 345B
Sponsored Links

badjeep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by iowaman iowaman wrote:

Where are the batteries?

I built a new battery tray under the cab, they are way easier to get to now

In the shed- 7020,7060, L2 X (2), CII, WD X (2), 200, 210, 611H, 440, Fiat Allis 345B
JCFarms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCFarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 12:02pm
That is so nice!! I would love to do this to mine!
JCFarms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCFarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 12:03pm
The electric hyd is awesome!
combinechris View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combinechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:41pm
looks good badjeep!!!!!!
35 combines and 15 forage harvesters. mostly allis combines and equipment.WTB 2 row cornhead for a 90
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:44pm
toy   of   all toys    you sure would only play with  it.  He   wins   who  enjoys them  the most 
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
HARVESTMOONPULLER View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARVESTMOONPULLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:41pm
Amazing beautiful job. That's surely something to be proud of.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:24am
sooooweeet!!!
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:22am
 I must say that you have done an exceptional job. The way you made the old and the new come together is great. If I didn't know any better I would believe it rolled off the line like that. What great work you have done.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
ACJake View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:59am
Super nice lookin 440. Nice job!!!!!!!!
3 WC's, 2 WD's, 3 WD-5's, D-14 w/HenryBackhoe, D-17, 4 D-19's, 185, 190XTsIII, 200, 210, 7010, 10 L&G Allis's. Nunn Better Farms Bleed Orange!!!!!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:20am
I don't know how many times now, I've went back into this thread and just marveled at the workmanship that went into this project. It is the absolute perfect balance of old meets new. What a fine job you've done of keeping old iron in service in a modern way. I may pirate the gleaner hydro handle idea from you for a project or two of my own. Did you order it out of agco parts, or find it in a salvage yard. ...? If you ordered it new, could you clue me in on the cost and part number. ...? Thanks, Darrel
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
Looks just amazing. Can't imagine all the work, thought, and planning that went into it.
joe View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:52pm
Been watching this post from the get go. Beautiful work on this. Looks absolutely immaculate. Did you do anything as far a isolating the cab?
badjeep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by joe joe wrote:

Been watching this post from the get go. Beautiful work on this. Looks absolutely immaculate. Did you do anything as far a isolating the cab?

Entire inside of cab was Dynomatted before I started fitting interior pieces, floor got two layers of Dynomat

210Postin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210Postin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:28pm
Looked at this post a few times thought i was the only guy that made things there own .And who cares what anyone else thinks very nice job i think we would get along good, love to see people that love the Allis tractors as much as i do great job.
cpg View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:29am
Since it is going to be put to work I would say price a new articulated 4x4 to replace it and suddenly you are probably not even close to being over budget, and a new one wouldn't be nearly as cool.
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:09am
Wow!  The original engineers/designers of this AC 440 are looking down at what you have done, and saying "Why didn't we think of that?" - 'course the well thought out upgrades you have done probably weren't even thought of when this unit was originally designed!

You have created a beautiful, usable, modern articulated 4x4 that is the envy of any AC enthusiast, plus it undoubtedly will outlast any modern plastic 4x4.

Fantastic job!

LB0442 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LB0442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:02am
Excellent work!!!  Thank you for posting.
badjeep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 5:22pm
Couple of action pics with the cultivator
badjeep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 5:23pm
Mosin9130 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosin9130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 6:42pm
I don't know how I've missed this thread up to now but all I can say is WOW!...I mean just WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
'56 WD 45...'63 D15 II...'66 D17 IV
210Postin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210Postin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 7:28pm
Very nice looks like you need rain
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 8:59pm
Super restoration! It is sharp. And, I also love the modern additions. I can't remember, but I'm thinking these were non-turbo?? Did you add any turbos to the triple nickle cummins?
I got to see a great shape, tall rubber 38" or 42" dualled AC 440 sell at a farm auction a few years back. It brought around $10,000. Yours is awesome!
Transaxial View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transaxial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:34pm
Really exceptional work on both the restoration and all the very nice and functional mods you have done!! You can be very proud of "the tractor you built"! That brings back good memories seeing a 440 in the field. My cousin was a co owner of the Allis dealership in Swift Current SK. back in the 70s and I remember a few of these that he sold. They were a pretty spectacular pulling machine back in their day, and you have just given yours a new life to do it all over again.I am just in the process of doing an 8550 that I have owned since 1986. I repowered it with an 855 Cummins back in 1989 and am quite attached to the old girl. I know how much work and endless time it takes to do such a meticulous job as what you have done. Be very proud of your work!!
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 6:59am
well done
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 1:50am
awesome job, very cool, and I love all the custom touches. :)

After harvest, or this winter if you have more time, could we talk you into starting a new thread on what all you did for the hydraulics?

I have a 7580 with a few shot remote cables, and dad has quite a few salvage Gleaners, so I was pondering electro-hydraulics on one. :) we wouldnt need pulse width modulation for variable flow, as we are just tillage use, so we dont need to be able to feather it.

As far as open and closed center, the old N and early R were closed center, and to my understanding all others were open center, so this may come into play on what to use for a donor...

Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
badjeep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by GM Guy GM Guy wrote:

awesome job, very cool, and I love all the custom touches. :)

After harvest, or this winter if you have more time, could we talk you into starting a new thread on what all you did for the hydraulics?

I have a 7580 with a few shot remote cables, and dad has quite a few salvage Gleaners, so I was pondering electro-hydraulics on one. :) we wouldnt need pulse width modulation for variable flow, as we are just tillage use, so we dont need to be able to feather it.

As far as open and closed center, the old N and early R were closed center, and to my understanding all others were open center, so this may come into play on what to use for a donor...

When I get a chance I will pull the cover and take some pics and show what I did, when I originally decided to go electro hydraulic I was also going to use salvage combine valves also but decided against it because i didnt think they would flow enough volume when they were on standby, this tractor is open center and I didnt want any restriction on the pump. I ended up going with aftermarket high flow big port valves, I researched them for a month before i ordered some. There is a LOT of different valves out there.

Edited by badjeep - 18 Jun 2017 at 12:47pm
ajl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:38pm
I have not seen this before either but I would like to add that the tractor looks amazing.   Nice work.  Is it going on an air seeder?  The right side hydraulics looks like they are for a cart fan.
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:50am
do you have part #'s/links for the hydraulics?
badjeep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by coggonobrien coggonobrien wrote:

do you have part #'s/links for the hydraulics?

Northern tool part #

Model# SWH-G03-C6-D12-10

Edited by badjeep - 01 Jul 2017 at 5:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic