This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

odds problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: odds problem
    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:55am
OK, I can't figure out how to ask Google but you guys will KNOW !!!
I have a bag of 20 marbles, 10 red and 10 black. Picking 1 at a time, they get stored into 2 new bags, 10 marbles each.
What are the odds that each bag contains 5 red and 5 black ?

Thanks
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 1:29pm
???? guess it depends on which you put where
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 3:11pm
I just pasted your question into Google... looks like it gets complicated... SO, I will not answer your question.......................
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 3:21pm
Depends on what bag you put them in, I assume that you are looking at them?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 3:41pm
Actually it's about the new Survivor program. 10 boys, 10 girls....draw bandanas for the 2 groups of 10 .. magically... they randomly  become 2 tribes of 5 boy and 5 girls each, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I did the math  the odds of that happening is 1 in 2,217,072 !!!

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:18pm
Opps, my bad!  Don't watch the show, keep us info.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:00pm
And that's the reality of a reality show, but we already know this. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 13 Feb 2020 at 5:04pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:15pm
Old gal says I've lost all of my marbles so I guess this question don't apply to me . You all figure it out.
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:09pm
If you want a chuckle, just yesterday someone played back a question someone  asked of one of those talking answer searches, "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood".
The answers vary and the guy keeps repeating the question until the female voice goes nuts with frustration because he keeps asking the same thing, but continues trying to answer every time.
Pretty funny stuff and the always polite voice changes by about the 10th time asked.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:39am
couldn't believe how good Amber looked after all those years and 4 kids later!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:09am
re Amber. It was a good thing she was ousted ,well temporarily, obviously the Husband/wife team IS an alliance !
It'll be interesting to see how 20 millionaires play the game

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:52am
HELP! SAVE ME I.ve wondered into the twilight zone! what in the world are you guys talking about
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 7:06am
Actually the original Twilight Zone made more sense !!!..
The mega hit series 'Survivor' has to be rigged as WHAT are the odds that 10 boys and 10 girls could be exactly divided into 2 teams of 5 boys and 5 girls by drawing  'colors' out of a bag ?
Well I did the math and it's one  in 2,217,072 chances...oh yeah, this was 'done' in front of a camera.....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 7:14am
Not much reality in reality TV of course....

.....and not much of an expert in statistics.....

But, did the boys and girls alternate boy-girl-boy-girl when picking?  That would seem to change the math versus drawing random marble out of the bag analogy.  Still not 50-50, but seems it would change, as you are forcing an order if you alternate who picks.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:53am
I haven't watched Survivor since the fat queer won. I think he later went to jail for something.....too long ago, I don't remember
Wait for the Lord;
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:24am
You lost your filter Lou?? LOL!! "the fat queer"!  Truth is so brash.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:40am
I've watched less than 20 minutes sum total.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:41am
I got you beat Tbone, I watched less than 5.  I was glad Lou asked WTH was goin on.  It went from marbles to Amber.....lost me.
Today, in TV as in politics, there is NO reality.  Try dividing that by 10
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:07pm
Wink I am stupider than Tbone and Ted I saw at least 60 minutes over the years.But what the he..,Confused who can be your best friend as they stab you in the back. The world is full of that kind AngryAngryAngry I do my best find them and RUN ,FAR AND FAST.

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME

Let's go back to making fun of politicians.LOLLOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:18pm
The show has de-evolved( if that 's a word) over the years... It used to be  about surviving ( boil water,find food, physical games, make fire,etc) ,but now it's just a 'social' game.
Fresh potable water in the 'well', delivered food every day, lots of tools,and such. They USED to give out a million for 1st place, 100,000 for 2nds and another 100K for 'viewer's pick', not any more. There's  a lot more 'they've' changed, dumbing down the 'game' to a whocanscrewandwin game.

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:08pm
I want to say I should not have put the waste of time comment the way I did. I waste my time here and not in front of the TV. So Jay just saying not pointing at you if you find enjoyment watching reality TV.

DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 1:28am
Like Jay says, the initial concept was about 'survival' of a drastically minimal physical environment, but what it devolved into, was entirely a social experiment.

In a 'real' survival circumstance, it would be contrary to the group goal to vote ANYONE 'off the island'...  and the history of Pitcairn Island (a very, very real piece of history) is a perfect example of genuine REALITY.

Back when the show started (yeah, I'm dating myself here), I had several friends suggest that I would be a great candidate... so I watched it once.

I told them that as soon as they dropped us off onto the island, I'd vanish into the vegetation, and NOBODY would see or hear of me, until there was only one other person left.

I would emerge, fit, healthy, and well-fed...
(and they'd never have to 'vote' anyone 'off the island'.  Wink
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:32am
Survivor.....?
No idea what you're talking about. Evidently something that shows up on TV once in a while. Darrel
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 9:02am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

You lost your filter Lou?? LOL!! "the fat queer"!  Truth is so brash.

Well Steve, you're right, the term fat is quite relative, and perhaps was uncalled for. When they parade down the street nearly naked, chanting 'we're here, we're queer, get over it', who am I to argue with them? I certainly would not want to offend them by using incorrect terminology! LOL

anyways, I think that was the first or second season, so I haven't watched the show in 20 years or so
Wait for the Lord;
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 12:46pm
Ah the reality shows where individuals and groups are out surviving by wits and shere knowledge of ????? 
 And the camera crew recording this all has no bearing on REALITY as they set by with boom miles and multiple cameras eating catered meals while the dupes eat worms and weeds . 
 YEP SO TRUE - about 1 minute of it while searching for something else to suck the last bit of intelligence out through the eyeballs - but being sure to buy the sponsors products . 
 NOPE reruns of Mr Ed are more reality 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 6:20pm
Survival.....give em a knife and turn em loose on an (UNINHABITED) island.  If you're still here in two weeks, we'll give you a merit badge.  Drain the swamp and clean (bleach) the gene pool.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:54pm
well the really dumb one was the one that put a man and a woman totally naked in some desolate area to survive. never saw it but I still think it was dumb!
Wait for the Lord;
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 9:12am
Yeah, it was called Naked and Afraid I think. They weren't afraid of being naked on TV apparently.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 9:18am
yeah, cept 'they' blurred out some body parts....
still on TV too....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic