This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Video on Youtube...may suprise some people

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Video on Youtube...may suprise some people
    Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 12:31am
I have a penpal and his dad use to work for AC teaching the diesel school in West Allis. He sent me some videos of his dads collection and this was one of them. It is in two parts because of the lenght. Let me know what you think.
[TUBE]nnE_eEcm7PQ[/TUBE]
[TUBE]BkEMltBBfHw[/TUBE]
"Better By Design"
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:41am
I like. That is one that probably very few of us have seen. Thanks for posting. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:53am
Am I the only one that can't get the sound?
bigallis1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigallis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:13am
Awsome video's. Thank's for posting..........
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:19am
I loved the dozer series, makes one wonder where the country would've been had AC not developed the HD series crawlers.
Kev Card View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Card Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:31am

Very nice Austin thanks for shareing

RC,WC,2 C'S,WD45,185 ,618 LT

If it's orange and rusty Mary don't trust me
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:36am
Thaty was interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:41am
Really cool, thanks for sharing it.
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:53am
Dave, sound works for me, might check to see if your speakers are turn on and volume up-BTW, good videos.

Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:22am
Those were cool.  I wouldn't mind one of those small rear dumping scrapers myself.  Thanks for posting.
Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 11:40am
Awesome videos! Those crawlers were to cool. I wonder what it was like working one of those beasts all day.

Thank you for posting.
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 12:38pm
Very interesting, Thanks for sharing.
M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) wrote:

Awesome videos! Those crawlers were too cool. I wonder what it was like working one of those beasts all day.

Thank you for posting.

Noisy, your arms get tired, back hurts and butt gets sore. And almost always dusty.

Neat vids. Thanks!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:54pm
Notice the refference to the 2 cycle diesel , all the machines were running Detroit Diesel engines , before AC bought Buda and manufactured their own engines , Also the garwood and bake blades, later AC was buying loaders from Tractomotive before they bought them also to add the the AC line. The motor grader listing was also nice to see if just the move from pull type to the AD line. (both with round frame over circle)
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:04pm
Neat videos.  I was trying to figure out how they powered the controls on a pull type scraper.  Some sort of PTO shaft?
Love them smaller roll dump scrapers too. 

Edited by Rick of HopeIN - 27 Oct 2010 at 7:41pm
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Doug northern IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug northern IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:22pm
i have not seen those  thx for posting
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:36pm
Austin those are great videos. It brings back a lot of memories for me. There were two
Allis Chalmers pans and a big Allis Chalmers dozer that my granddad had. They were near his old house and stayed there for years after he died in the late 60's.  He ran a road construction company, and the machines I remember were probably used in the early 1960's. Thanks for posting! You have posted some great videos, and these were no exception.
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
denwic View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:52pm
Enjoyed that!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 11:19pm
Thanks for posting Austin.I enjoyed watching.I was having a really bad day and while I was watching the videos all my troubles vanished(at least for a few minutes).Thats why I like this site so much.I can leave my problems for a while and escape while I soak up some Orange Power.Don't know what I would do if I could not visit here.
So keep posting stories,picures and videos.This wore out old Plumber needs all the help he can get.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Rick of HopeIN Rick of HopeIN wrote:

Neat videos.  I was trying to figure out how they powered the controls on a pull type scraper.  Some sort of PTO shaft?
Love them smaller roll dump scrapers too. 
Those Garwoods shown are cable controlled driven by a small winch on the back of tractor. The cables don't show very well due to film quality but they show up from time to time. The winch is driven by a PTO shaft from inside the tranny, and I think at engine speed but I don't know HDs very well.
everett048 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everett048 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:50pm
Very good video,s note the Allis S on the second 1 at 3.53 and the Allis K at 7.44 on the first 1 still working hard.
M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:36pm
Saw those too. The graders at 6:40 on the second piqued my interest pretty well too. Neat they showed a pull type and migrated up to the later models.
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 2:33pm
Very nice video's. Thanks for uploading them.

Did you also upload that 2 promotional video's of the 190XT?? Just to say that they are wonderfull !!
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 3:14pm
Oops, I meant to say that I could not figure out how the pull type "road grader" controls were powered.   I did not see big handwheels.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 9:41am
Great work Austin! Keep them comming.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
tractorchuckie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 8:05pm

thank you for the video. I like to see videos on Allis helpping to build the  north america we love. I work  for a caterpillar dealer and our service school starts with an video of cat machines  working to build america back in the day. I like to see some thing but  the bed time stories  that cat like to spin how they were the only machinary company to build america. thanks agian chuck

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 8:15am
Just Awesome to see that Good Ole AC Equipment!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic