Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19984
Printed Date: 16 Jun 2024 at 2:27pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Video on Youtube...may suprise some people
Posted By: Austin(WI)
Subject: New Video on Youtube...may suprise some people
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 12:31am
I have a penpal and his dad use to work for AC teaching the diesel school in West Allis. He sent me some videos of his dads collection and this was one of them. It is in two parts because of the lenght. Let me know what you think.
[TUBE]nnE_eEcm7PQ[/TUBE]
[TUBE]BkEMltBBfHw[/TUBE]

-------------
"Better By Design"

Replies:
Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:41am
I like. That is one that probably very few of us have seen. Thanks for posting. God Bless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: David Maddux
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:53am
Am I the only one that can't get the sound?

Posted By: bigallis1
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:13am
Awsome video's. Thank's for posting..........

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:19am
I loved the dozer series, makes one wonder where the country would've been had AC not developed the HD series crawlers.

Posted By: Kev Card
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:31am

Very nice Austin thanks for shareing

-------------
RC,WC,2 C'S,WD45,185 ,618 LT

If it's orange and rusty Mary don't trust me

Posted By: Jim Lindemood
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:36am
Thaty was interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Posted By: Ken(MI)
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:41am
Really cool, thanks for sharing it.

Posted By: JoeO(CMO)
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:53am
Dave, sound works for me, might check to see if your speakers are turn on and volume up-BTW, good videos.

-------------

Posted By: Byron WC in SW Wi
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:22am
Those were cool.  I wouldn't mind one of those small rear dumping scrapers myself.  Thanks for posting.

Posted By: Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN)
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 11:40am
Awesome videos! Those crawlers were to cool. I wonder what it was like working one of those beasts all day.

Thank you for posting.

-------------
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"

Posted By: Gary in da UP
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 12:38pm
Very interesting, Thanks for sharing.

Posted By: M Diesel
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) wrote:

Awesome videos! Those crawlers were too cool. I wonder what it was like working one of those beasts all day.

Thank you for posting.

Noisy, your arms get tired, back hurts and butt gets sore. And almost always dusty.

Neat vids. Thanks!

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:54pm
Notice the refference to the 2 cycle diesel , all the machines were running Detroit Diesel engines , before AC bought Buda and manufactured their own engines , Also the garwood and bake blades, later AC was buying loaders from Tractomotive before they bought them also to add the the AC line. The motor grader listing was also nice to see if just the move from pull type to the AD line. (both with round frame over circle)

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: Rick of HopeIN
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:04pm
Neat videos.  I was trying to figure out how they powered the controls on a pull type scraper.  Some sort of PTO shaft?
Love them smaller roll dump scrapers too. 

-------------
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless

Posted By: Doug northern IL
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:22pm
i have not seen those  thx for posting

Posted By: Rogers
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:36pm
Austin those are great videos. It brings back a lot of memories for me. There were two
Allis Chalmers pans and a big Allis Chalmers dozer that my granddad had. They were near his old house and stayed there for years after he died in the late 60's.  He ran a road construction company, and the machines I remember were probably used in the early 1960's. Thanks for posting! You have posted some great videos, and these were no exception.

-------------
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.

Posted By: denwic
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:52pm
Enjoyed that!

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 11:19pm
Thanks for posting Austin.I enjoyed watching.I was having a really bad day and while I was watching the videos all my troubles vanished(at least for a few minutes).Thats why I like this site so much.I can leave my problems for a while and escape while I soak up some Orange Power.Don't know what I would do if I could not visit here.
So keep posting stories,picures and videos.This wore out old Plumber needs all the help he can get.

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Rick of HopeIN Rick of HopeIN wrote:

Neat videos.  I was trying to figure out how they powered the controls on a pull type scraper.  Some sort of PTO shaft?
Love them smaller roll dump scrapers too. 
Those Garwoods shown are cable controlled driven by a small winch on the back of tractor. The cables don't show very well due to film quality but they show up from time to time. The winch is driven by a PTO shaft from inside the tranny, and I think at engine speed but I don't know HDs very well.

Posted By: everett048
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:50pm
Very good video,s note the Allis S on the second 1 at 3.53 and the Allis K at 7.44 on the first 1 still working hard.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:36pm
Saw those too. The graders at 6:40 on the second piqued my interest pretty well too. Neat they showed a pull type and migrated up to the later models.

Posted By: Dutchboy Johan
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 2:33pm
Very nice video's. Thanks for uploading them.

Did you also upload that 2 promotional video's of the 190XT?? Just to say that they are wonderfull !!

-------------
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD

Posted By: Rick of HopeIN
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 3:14pm
Oops, I meant to say that I could not figure out how the pull type "road grader" controls were powered.   I did not see big handwheels.

-------------
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless

Posted By: Calvin Schmidt
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 9:41am
Great work Austin! Keep them comming.

-------------
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed

Posted By: tractorchuckie
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 8:05pm

thank you for the video. I like to see videos on Allis helpping to build the  north america we love. I work  for a caterpillar dealer and our service school starts with an video of cat machines  working to build america back in the day. I like to see some thing but  the bed time stories  that cat like to spin how they were the only machinary company to build america. thanks agian chuck

Posted By: orangeman
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 8:15am
Just Awesome to see that Good Ole AC Equipment!!!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net