This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .
    Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 6:42am

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 9:49am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Sponsored Links

farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:02am
Make sure they take it (R62) to a dealer of your choice (trust) and have them go over it with a fine tooth comb. The combine should come back to you in the condition you would of received it off the truck.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:47am

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:55pm
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Mike Kroupa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Kroupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:29am
I feel for you. I'd want out also or at least leave the settlement open ended so if other issues arise you have the claim process in place. Did you have insurance on the combine also? I realize you had no doings in the accident, but with another level of coverage, your insurance is obligated to pursue it. Good Luck, Mike
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:43am
That would make me sick....I was looking forward to your posts on updating to the R62. I don't know what your options are but I'd opt out of this machine, if I could.
I certainly do feel for ya.
Good luck.
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:03am
Who hired the trucking company you or the dealership you bought it from If you hired to company you're kind of stuck dealing with insurance companies If the dealership hired the trucking company refuse delivery damaged get your money back move on
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:42am
You need to determine the FOB (free on board) point, if it was Fob origin the title transferred to you when it was delivered to the carrier, if it was FOB destination title will transfer when it is delivered to you. Good luck 
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:44am

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:56pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:46am

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:58pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:50am

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:56pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
hillmonkey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:39pm
sorry to hear and bad time to happen too. sounds like they dint fasten it down good enough to me. prolly no way to prove it though,maybe the investigating officer took pics or its on his report. if insurance tries to low ball you i would find the accident report.not fun i know.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:08pm

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:57pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:20pm
I would consider the combine a parts machine now. don't take much to spring any combine! then you'll be changing bearings all the time! some are REALLY expensive! been thru that already! I gots an IH 1440 for sale! LOL
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:33pm
Man this'll be one ugly 'can of worms' with you in the middle...sigh...
Any chance the dealership can RENT you a combine until the 'dust settles' ?
I'm happy no one got seriously hurt but as others have said there could be some internal damage that won't show up until hours into harvesting...
please keep us informed what's happening...
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
Lonn, Hope it works out for you, gotta lawyer yet?Wink
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 6:54pm
Gleaners are fairly robust, (Unlike Shamless' 1440 apparently :) lol ) I would possibly go check it out yourself and see what all got hooked. If the bottom of the bin is buckled or the frame cracked I would probably back out, but it sounds like its probably outer sheet metal and is fixable.
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:21am

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:58pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:28am
pictures ! takes LOTS, no MORE pictures !! every nook and cranny, closeups too ! The WHOLE combine not just the 'easy to see' areas. If it's already off the trailer, get copies of all pictures taken at the scene as 'stuff'  will look different .
my gut feeling is you'll walk away from it unless you KNOW it's 100% OK. If you say I'll keep it, I'd still insist on a 'loaner' until they deliver it to you. Just be sure to test use,every function, for 2-3 hrs , to confirm it runs right, sounds right.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 7:22am
Gees Lonn, that sucks!  Sorry man.

About the combine......boy, I don't know.  If the combine did not get airborne and slam down in anyway (which it sounds like it didn't), I wouldn't be surprised if the damage is all fixable.  Though I totally understand your thinking and don't blame you.  If I could an out clause built into the receipt of the combine, that it works great for xx number of hours while harvesting, something like that, I might still take it.  Tough call.
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:41am
Dang that sucks.  Hope it goes well for you.

Im guessing the insurance company will declared it totaled, if the grain bin was tweaked that alone is a huge amount of work.

Best of luck.

Jim
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:46am
I too am thinking you should walk away from it Lonn.  Things you won't see will crop up later.  I really feel for you too, and to have insurance companies fighting each other,,,,,BOY!
Hope it all works out in YOUR favor.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
WC7610 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WC7610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 4:17pm
Bad deal- sorry to hear

Why wouldn't you refuse delivery and move on to another machine?  Like your insurance man said, its the dealships baby....no way would I take it regardless.
Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:59am
Sorry to hear that. I’m hunting for a 62 myself and I know how exciting it is getting a new toy. Keep us posted how it all turns out
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:34am
Dang Lonn, that sucks big time.  Never really been up close to R62, but seems like those unloading augers are pinned to those machines pretty hard to hold those augers out in unload position while on the move.  And if the substructure got twisted cracked or bent, it might cause failure later if it doesn't show up now.
 You already know that and others also have said it too...  I think maybe you should go back to looking again... and find another that hasn't been damaged... but that doesn't guarantee the the next is without problems either.
  Hope all turns out good for you.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:39am
Sorry to hear that! But I would refuse to take it and want my money back and find another machine. can be some many things down the road to cause problems. Let them scrap and part it out.

5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:29pm
I sure hope the dealership does right by you and gives you your money back on this. I have never been close to the newer combines but ever piece needs to be lined up  just like they always have or will always be replacing parts. Talk about kicking the box out from under you. 
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:27am
Being we can't see page two how you make out with the dealership
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:01pm

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:59pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:40pm

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 7:01pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:58pm

Edited by Lonn - 18 Sep 2018 at 7:02pm
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic