URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=153934
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 8:59am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: .
Posted By: Lonn
Subject: .
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 6:42am

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Replies:
Posted By: farmboy520
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:02am
Make sure they take it (R62) to a dealer of your choice (trust) and have them go over it with a fine tooth comb. The combine should come back to you in the condition you would of received it off the truck.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:47am

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Mike Kroupa
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:29am
I feel for you. I'd want out also or at least leave the settlement open ended so if other issues arise you have the claim process in place. Did you have insurance on the combine also? I realize you had no doings in the accident, but with another level of coverage, your insurance is obligated to pursue it. Good Luck, Mike

Posted By: Leon B MO
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:43am
That would make me sick....I was looking forward to your posts on updating to the R62. I don't know what your options are but I'd opt out of this machine, if I could.
I certainly do feel for ya.
Good luck.
Leon B Mo

-------------
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".

Posted By: bradley6874
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:03am
Who hired the trucking company you or the dealership you bought it from If you hired to company you're kind of stuck dealing with insurance companies If the dealership hired the trucking company refuse delivery damaged get your money back move on

-------------
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul

Posted By: Ted in NE-OH
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:42am
You need to determine the FOB (free on board) point, if it was Fob origin the title transferred to you when it was delivered to the carrier, if it was FOB destination title will transfer when it is delivered to you. Good luck 

-------------
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:44am

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:46am

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:50am

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: hillmonkey
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:39pm
sorry to hear and bad time to happen too. sounds like they dint fasten it down good enough to me. prolly no way to prove it though,maybe the investigating officer took pics or its on his report. if insurance tries to low ball you i would find the accident report.not fun i know.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:08pm

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:20pm
I would consider the combine a parts machine now. don't take much to spring any combine! then you'll be changing bearings all the time! some are REALLY expensive! been thru that already! I gots an IH 1440 for sale! LOL

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:33pm
Man this'll be one ugly 'can of worms' with you in the middle...sigh...
Any chance the dealership can RENT you a combine until the 'dust settles' ?
I'm happy no one got seriously hurt but as others have said there could be some internal damage that won't show up until hours into harvesting...
please keep us informed what's happening...
Jay

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
Lonn, Hope it works out for you, gotta lawyer yet?Wink

Posted By: GM Guy
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 6:54pm
Gleaners are fairly robust, (Unlike Shamless' 1440 apparently :) lol ) I would possibly go check it out yourself and see what all got hooked. If the bottom of the bin is buckled or the frame cracked I would probably back out, but it sounds like its probably outer sheet metal and is fixable.

-------------
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:21am

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:28am
pictures ! takes LOTS, no MORE pictures !! every nook and cranny, closeups too ! The WHOLE combine not just the 'easy to see' areas. If it's already off the trailer, get copies of all pictures taken at the scene as 'stuff'  will look different .
my gut feeling is you'll walk away from it unless you KNOW it's 100% OK. If you say I'll keep it, I'd still insist on a 'loaner' until they deliver it to you. Just be sure to test use,every function, for 2-3 hrs , to confirm it runs right, sounds right.

Jay

-------------

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 7:22am
Gees Lonn, that sucks!  Sorry man.

About the combine......boy, I don't know.  If the combine did not get airborne and slam down in anyway (which it sounds like it didn't), I wouldn't be surprised if the damage is all fixable.  Though I totally understand your thinking and don't blame you.  If I could an out clause built into the receipt of the combine, that it works great for xx number of hours while harvesting, something like that, I might still take it.  Tough call.

Posted By: JimIA
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:41am
Dang that sucks.  Hope it goes well for you.

Im guessing the insurance company will declared it totaled, if the grain bin was tweaked that alone is a huge amount of work.

Best of luck.

Jim

-------------
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:46am
I too am thinking you should walk away from it Lonn.  Things you won't see will crop up later.  I really feel for you too, and to have insurance companies fighting each other,,,,,BOY!
Hope it all works out in YOUR favor.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: WC7610
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 4:17pm
Bad deal- sorry to hear

Why wouldn't you refuse delivery and move on to another machine?  Like your insurance man said, its the dealships baby....no way would I take it regardless.

-------------
Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson

Posted By: wekracer
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:59am
Sorry to hear that. I’m hunting for a 62 myself and I know how exciting it is getting a new toy. Keep us posted how it all turns out

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:34am
Dang Lonn, that sucks big time.  Never really been up close to R62, but seems like those unloading augers are pinned to those machines pretty hard to hold those augers out in unload position while on the move.  And if the substructure got twisted cracked or bent, it might cause failure later if it doesn't show up now.
 You already know that and others also have said it too...  I think maybe you should go back to looking again... and find another that hasn't been damaged... but that doesn't guarantee the the next is without problems either.
  Hope all turns out good for you.

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: farmtoybuilder
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:39am
Sorry to hear that! But I would refuse to take it and want my money back and find another machine. can be some many things down the road to cause problems. Let them scrap and part it out.

-------------
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:29pm
I sure hope the dealership does right by you and gives you your money back on this. I have never been close to the newer combines but ever piece needs to be lined up  just like they always have or will always be replacing parts. Talk about kicking the box out from under you. 

Posted By: bradley6874
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:27am
Being we can't see page two how you make out with the dealership

-------------
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:01pm

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:40pm

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:58pm

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 9:29pm

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 9:51pm

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:06am
looks like damage is all cosmetic

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 4:42am
Not in the 1st picture...Cry

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:13am

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Fred in Pa
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:43am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

looks like damage is all cosmetic

Do not fool your self with looks

-------------
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.

Posted By: farmboy520
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:34am
If the unloader swivel is tweaked, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Posted By: JimIA
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:05am
Looks like the spreader took the biggest hit.  I agree if the pivot is messed up Id back out of it.  Otherwise I would fix it. 

I would be looking closely at the shoe to make sure that is ok as well.

Jim

-------------
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:37am
We can all tell what to do but you have to make up your own mind and live with that. Best of luck to you on what ever you decide.

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:59am
I have a disease which makes me want to fix things.It's a curse.I would fix it.It's all fixable,just have to know what's really damaged.Be a great machine for the money.
They say patience is a virtue......maybe spend a few more years being patient? All our advice is worth what you paid for it.Ask for some guidance from above.

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:03am
I see the dilemma you are in but anything but perfect alinement of all parts will cause trouble down the line.  I have witnessed several hay balers that have had frame damage they all worked but just would not keep up with undamaged counterparts.

The grain tank and unloading auger would not seem to be the deal breaker if there are new parts available for the pivot,and undamage bins in the junkyards.

I would think if you could undue belts and roll the separator parts by hand you could get a good idea of if shafts are still straight but I have never been around anything newer than a MH2. So no idea of force needed to turn newer machines.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:36am
It's what you CAN'T see that might(will) be a problem. You could say fix it but you need xx hours of actual field operation before you agree it's yours. What I do know is there's a LOT of parts in any combine and they all gotta get along with each other. A minor tweak here, slight bend there and maybe the thing's fine for a day or two but 4 days into the harvest and 'something' let's loose....

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:06am

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:10am

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net