This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loss of a Forum member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alan (C-IL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:59pm
Hello everyone,
I want to thank you all for wonderful comments about my dad. It really means a lot to our family. I know he enjoyed the forum and meeting everyone at the shows. Some of you may have met me, but more of you have met my two daughters. Dad really enjoyed taking them to the shows each summer.

Dad collapsed saturday while working out in the yard. The preliminary report is that it was a heart attack. I know he was planning on going to GOTO in Ohio with the girls and was looking forward to it. He had recently started getting into shooting as a new hobby.

Again, I want to thank you for the condolences...
Sponsored Links

norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:09pm
  will not be the same at shows with outhis hauler  our condolences  norm & barb
  always had time to talk or speak to you
Brian Ahart View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Ahart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:13pm
I am very shocked and saddened to hear this as well.  Yep, John was a forum 'veteran' and as Bob mentioned, was always the first guy to say 'hello' at a show.  He always took time to visit.  Alan, our prayers and condolences are with you, your mom, and your family.
A-C Weight ID reference and other goodies at brianahart.net
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:20pm
I was shocked to hear this news.  John always made sure he would look me and my family up when at a show, I will surely miss John.  God bless Barb and all other family and friends.
Dale H. ECIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H. ECIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:42pm
I found out about Johns passing early this morning and have been in shock all day. John will be sadly missed at the OPOP show as he was always a big part and help with it. John always parked his rig in the same spot every year. We have decided to flag off his place this year at the 2012 OPOP  and have it as memorial to him. I was also thinking of having something in this years DVD of the show about John.
He will be greatly missed, prayers go out to his family at this time. Dale J. Haymaker 
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:49pm
I am sorry too for the loss. I did not know John, but I lost my Dad 8 years ago this year to a Mass Heart Attack on his morning walk. He was 58 also.

Prayers for your folks. Take care

Darryl Krause Lynden WA.
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:53pm
I feel lost for words upon hearing of his passing.  My condolences go out to his family.

I remember John from back when the forum first started.
The chat room was starting and he was on it pretty regularily and I fully appreciated his knowledge of the AC's.

He will be missed.

morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:03pm
I am shocked and deeply saddend to hear this. John was someone who was prolly one of the biggest and best contributers here on the forum. I know he always seemed to chime in when I had questions and it was very much appreciated. Prayers for his family. Very, very sad day on the forum. We've just lost a great friend and mentor.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:03pm
Condolences from your friends in Canada. A repeat of all the kind words said before. I always looked froward to chatting with John at the shows. I dodged my own bullet by having a triple by-pass at 56. RIP
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
CBL95 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBL95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:06pm
RIP John you will be missed here and my condolences to his family
allisbabe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:07pm
My thought and Prayers go out to Jons family.  I can't believe that He is gone.  No show will be the same.  
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:09pm
sorry I had not met this outstanding forum member.
My Thoughts and Prayers are with his family in this time of profound grief
Bill Long
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:09pm
Alan, Is that your daughter and my grandson in the picture I posted ?  Your Dad was a great man. We had a real good time when we were taking pics of the kids that day. I ma sure we were both swelled up looking at them, taking those pics. If the camera was on Your Dad and I when that was shot,you would have seen 2 great big smiles. I am so sorry to hear of this.
                                                   IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Alan (C-IL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:17pm
IG,
That is my youngest, Samantha. I remember seeing those pictures before, and dad talking about it. My two girls are his only grand children.

Edited by Alan (C-IL) - 07 May 2012 at 9:38pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:19pm
I have not been a forum member very long, but I know John was one of the first folks to welcome me aboard.  I remember a picture of him on a WD45 that was up not too long ago here on the forum. All smiles- I am sure the family will miss him dearly, May God comfort them. Sorry to hear of your loss,
Macklin family
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:24pm
WoW! Only 58 years old...not much older than me. I tell my folks in my church, you never know when your day will come. So be ready to meet God. We pray for the family as this is so hard. I have a funeral on Wednesday for a man from our community who was 55. Prayers for the family. John will be missed.
Pastor Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:08pm
I met John at Dale's Show and always looked forward to talking to him .Class act all the way around . Still in shock , just doesn't seem real.

Alan I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. John was a good man and will be sorely missed.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
don slick View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:15pm
John was always 1st rate. I met him at Ted's show first and then many times later. My prayers go out his family. Don
Darrell, Jr. (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:38pm
John was truly one of the best guys I have had the honor of knowing in this hobby, he will be greatly missed by many...RIP John.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:38pm
   Can't believe Big Johns gone ! He was one of the nicest guys you would want to meet ! Prayers going to Barb and Alan and the family. Penfield and Half Century will be missing a huge supporter. He will be missed.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:18pm
My condolences, Alan.
Like the rest, always had an answer for almost anything AC. God Bless You at this time. Jim Hancock
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:20am
   First off my prayers an condolences to John's wife Barb.  Everyone has used my thoughts up.    I can't say just when I met John and Barb maybe  The
south Jacksonville GOTO,  He was there helping set up the AC exhibiters with Kawasakee Mule.  The fact that he didn't like his hand start "A" at Cannadaga, NY.
     John and Barb came up early for Union Grove helped get our tractors ready and loaded (28 loads), or the  the heavy rain after the parade in West Allis, parking rigs in the mud at 11:00pm at Union Grove with his 4 wheel mule.  IF you still have the Winter 2007  OLD ALLIS NEWS there are some pictures of John working in the MONSTER GARAGE at Ted Buiskers.     Again  my Prayers      Allen Dilg
David(Stockbridge)MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David(Stockbridge)MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:08am
All I can say is WOW,  condolence to John's family for their loss. David & Jill
DJS Tractor parts
All "NEW" Web Site http://www.djstractorparts.com

2035,A,U,UC,WF unstyled,WF styled,WC High Crop (cane),RC,B,IB,C,CA,WD,WD45,G,D10,D12,D14,D15,D15 II,D17,D19,WC styled,WC unstyled H3 crawler
XT in pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XT in pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:22am
prayers to the family  from pa

Shawn
190XT,D17and 7045
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:23am

This was first posted over in Shops, barns trucks etc, some guys have posted there also in case some dont look there.

Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:09am
Condolences to Barb and the family  --- John was a great supporter of our "Orange Family" as evidenced by the outpouring of thoughts posted. He will be missed!
DaveNWWI_OAN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveNWWI_OAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:10am
Very sorry to hear of John's passing. Enjoyed talking with him.
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:49am
I only knew John through this forum but he was always knowlegable and willing to help, I was looking forward to meeting him sometime. My condolences to his family.

Dave Fulkerson
AGCO My Allis Gleaner Company
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:54am
So Sorry to hear this.  Couldn't believe it.  John will really be missed.
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:15am
What a blow to learn of John's passing!!!   Condolances to his family.  I always enjoyed and looked forward to visiting with John at the AC shows which we did many times.  He was always the first to ask if I had my model albums with me so he could have a look.
He will surely be missed here on the forum as well.    Armand
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic