Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50199
Printed Date: 16 Jun 2024 at 7:27pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Loss of a Forum member
Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Subject: Loss of a Forum member
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:01pm
I am very sad to report that John Schweizer aka John (C-IL) has passed away.  John was a Forum member for as long as I can remember and may very well have been one of the original people to post on here.  He had a vast array of AC knowledge and experience.  He was always one of my resources when I needed to talk anything about Allis-Chalmers and Orange. He always had a smile on his face and a story to tell.  I know he considered many of the people on here to be his friends.

Here is a link to his obituary:

http://www.news-gazette.com/obituaries/2012-05-07/john-schweizer.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.news-gazette.com/obituaries/2012-05-07/john-schweizer.html

Please remember  and support John's family with your prayers of support and comfort.

Replies:
Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:13pm
Prayers for his family.God Bless, Tracy Martin

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: wjohn
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:13pm
I'm very sorry to hear this. I never personally met him, but he was an AC guy to the core. Thoughts and prayers to his family - 58 is too young.

-------------
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:25pm
Has John been ill? Was a shock to me!

Posted By: Rick
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:27pm
My thoughts and prayers go out to John's family! This was a shock to me as well! God Bless!  Rick

Posted By: DocsEquipment,IL.
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:28pm
i am very sorry here this he will missed Doc

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:03pm
Shock is not the word! This is unbelievable!! So sorry to hear this news. A super guy John was. I always looked forward to seeing him at Dale's show and GOTO's. Does anyone know what happened?? He just had a bunch of his tractors and equipment to sell because of a new endever he was looking into doing. Someone mentioned him looking into buying a Helicopter or somethin'.... Wow, ya just never know. Prayers for him and his family. Our AC family lost a great man...
mailto:Steve@B&B" rel="nofollow - Steve@B&B

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:09pm
rowcropmafia, aka Ben had posted on this under trucks/sheds earlier, said he understood it to be a heart attack

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: Eldon (WA)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:21pm
Wow that is a shocker! I always looked forward to visiting with John at the shows...a real down to earth guy and truely sincere friend.  My condolences to his family...RIP John, you will be missed.

-------------
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:

Posted By: Dale Hardtke
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:35pm
Sorry to hear about Johns passing. He was a great guy with lots of practical knowledge. I will miss good conversation with him at Dale's show in July.

Posted By: BobHnwO
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:36pm
Sad loss,he was a young man,I pray for his family.

-------------
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow.

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:44pm
I am at a loss for words. I just saw John Superbowl Sunday. Prayers for Barb and all the family .
John at work on Uncle Theo's WC a few years ago.

I think he really enjoyed polishing out the o-ring lands in the block.

Send condolences to Barb and the family here if you want.
http://www.baierfuneralservices.com/condolances/index.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.baierfuneralservices.com/condolances/index.html

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Posted By: Skyhighballoon(MO)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:00pm
I can't believe I'm reading this!  It is VERY sad news.  My heart goes out to his family in this time.  I always looked forward to chatting with John at Dale's show and I always loved his posts and input on the forum.  He will be missed greatly.  Mike

-------------
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers

Posted By: farmtoybuilder
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:06pm
Wow, To young, As we get older we should enjoy each day we have and spend more time with family and loved ones! Our Life here on Earth is Short. Prayers for his family.

-------------
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:06pm
Prayers for his family from Alberta.  I"m shocked to hear this sad news. Always enjoyed his posts on the forum and his extensive knowledge.

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:17pm
What a loss to our and his family.  We will all miss his posts and his knowledge.  Reading his obituary reminded me of something that Steve Jobs said, "Live your life like today is your last because someday it will be."
RIP, John

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: dudley wallace
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:41pm
sorry to here about john it wont be the same at dales show this year john always gets the forum member together to meet each other put a name with a face kinda thing he will missed greatly but not forgoten. i just talked to him about a week ago about disk parts i was looking for. let our prayer be with his family from ours i mean his big allischalmers family as well for the loss of a great freindship we had. the dudley wallace family.

-------------
a member of hendricks county antique tractor and machinery association club.

Posted By: 427435
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:48pm
I didn't know him, but way to early to lose someone with orange blood.  Condolences to his family and loved ones.

-------------
Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.

Posted By: Dipstick In
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:49pm
When my friend Eric and I saw John's truck at Dale's last summer we tried very hard to meet him. Guess I'll just have to meet him later now! And this was a terrrible shocker to read this news!!!! Will say prayers for his family and friends which includes all of you on here!! joe

-------------
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!

Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:52pm
Cannot believe what I just read! He surely will be missed, I have sent a couple PMs his way in the past. His family will be in my prayers.

-------------
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"

Posted By: Stan R
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:19pm
God Bless

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:35pm
WOW!! Really shocked to read this. John was one of the originals of the forum group. Always enjoyed the moments at the GOTO meetings. My prayers for his wife and family.
John, you will be missed

Joe Murphy & Family 

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: singingpig
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:38pm
What a shock. A real tragedy when someone passes so young.
 My prayers go out for his family.

Posted By: den/southern illinoi
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:07pm
John was one of the first forum members I ever met.  That was in 2001 at the Penfield show featuring Allis Chalmers. I can't believe that he will longer be with us.
John was always the guy who put things together at shows...he will be missed.
Prayers to Barb and family.

-------------

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.

Posted By: NICKMI
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:58pm
Will be missed on here a true allis gentleman

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:04pm
What a tragedy. Such a fine man and I will miss him very much. He was always one of the first to say "Hello" and introduce himself to a new face. He will be missed by all who knew him and even many eho never met him but had enjoyed his comments and help on this forum. May God's peace and comfort and peace rest with his family. God Bless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: DREAM
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:08pm
Never got to meet him. I just cant believe he wont be posting on here anymore. So sorry to hear this. We never know how much time the good Lord has for us until it's over. Condolensces to his family. He will be greatly missed.

-------------
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!

Posted By: David G.
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:11pm
I am thankful to have met John a few months ago, I bought a tractor from him. He seemed like a very down to earth man and was a great joy to talk with. He was a wealth of knowledge and will be missed. God bless his family.

Posted By: Gary in da UP
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:50pm
My condolences to the family.... RIP John.

Posted By: ILGLEANER
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:52pm
I cant believe that I am reading this. My heart sank when I read this. John was the best of the best. Super guy. Always the first guy I talk to at Dales show. Prayers to the family.This is what I think of everytime I talk to John or see his post. My grandson and his granddaughter at Dales.
                                                 IG

-------------
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.

Posted By: Alan (C-IL)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:59pm
Hello everyone,
I want to thank you all for wonderful comments about my dad. It really means a lot to our family. I know he enjoyed the forum and meeting everyone at the shows. Some of you may have met me, but more of you have met my two daughters. Dad really enjoyed taking them to the shows each summer.

Dad collapsed saturday while working out in the yard. The preliminary report is that it was a heart attack. I know he was planning on going to GOTO in Ohio with the girls and was looking forward to it. He had recently started getting into shooting as a new hobby.

Again, I want to thank you for the condolences...

Posted By: norm[ind]
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:09pm
  will not be the same at shows with outhis hauler  our condolences  norm & barb
  always had time to talk or speak to you

Posted By: Brian Ahart
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:13pm
I am very shocked and saddened to hear this as well.  Yep, John was a forum 'veteran' and as Bob mentioned, was always the first guy to say 'hello' at a show.  He always took time to visit.  Alan, our prayers and condolences are with you, your mom, and your family.

-------------
A-C Weight ID reference and other goodies at http://www.brianahart.net" rel="nofollow - brianahart.net

Posted By: Darrell G (MN)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:20pm
I was shocked to hear this news.  John always made sure he would look me and my family up when at a show, I will surely miss John.  God bless Barb and all other family and friends.

Posted By: Dale H. ECIL
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:42pm
I found out about Johns passing early this morning and have been in shock all day. John will be sadly missed at the OPOP show as he was always a big part and help with it. John always parked his rig in the same spot every year. We have decided to flag off his place this year at the 2012 OPOP  and have it as memorial to him. I was also thinking of having something in this years DVD of the show about John.
He will be greatly missed, prayers go out to his family at this time. Dale J. Haymaker 

-------------
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428

Posted By: DarrylinWA
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:49pm
I am sorry too for the loss. I did not know John, but I lost my Dad 8 years ago this year to a Mass Heart Attack on his morning walk. He was 58 also.

Prayers for your folks. Take care

Darryl Krause Lynden WA.

-------------
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.

Posted By: JoeO(CMO)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:53pm
I feel lost for words upon hearing of his passing.  My condolences go out to his family.

I remember John from back when the forum first started.
The chat room was starting and he was on it pretty regularily and I fully appreciated his knowledge of the AC's.

He will be missed.

-------------

Posted By: morton(pa)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:03pm
I am shocked and deeply saddend to hear this. John was someone who was prolly one of the biggest and best contributers here on the forum. I know he always seemed to chime in when I had questions and it was very much appreciated. Prayers for his family. Very, very sad day on the forum. We've just lost a great friend and mentor.

Posted By: Calvin Schmidt
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:03pm
Condolences from your friends in Canada. A repeat of all the kind words said before. I always looked froward to chatting with John at the shows. I dodged my own bullet by having a triple by-pass at 56. RIP

-------------
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed

Posted By: CBL95
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:06pm
RIP John you will be missed here and my condolences to his family

Posted By: allisbabe
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:07pm
My thought and Prayers go out to Jons family.  I can't believe that He is gone.  No show will be the same.  

Posted By: Bill Long
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:09pm
sorry I had not met this outstanding forum member.
My Thoughts and Prayers are with his family in this time of profound grief
Bill Long

Posted By: ILGLEANER
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:09pm
Alan, Is that your daughter and my grandson in the picture I posted ?  Your Dad was a great man. We had a real good time when we were taking pics of the kids that day. I ma sure we were both swelled up looking at them, taking those pics. If the camera was on Your Dad and I when that was shot,you would have seen 2 great big smiles. I am so sorry to hear of this.
                                                   IG

-------------
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.

Posted By: Alan (C-IL)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:17pm
IG,
That is my youngest, Samantha. I remember seeing those pictures before, and dad talking about it. My two girls are his only grand children.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:19pm
I have not been a forum member very long, but I know John was one of the first folks to welcome me aboard.  I remember a picture of him on a WD45 that was up not too long ago here on the forum. All smiles- I am sure the family will miss him dearly, May God comfort them. Sorry to hear of your loss,
Macklin family

Posted By: allischalmerguy
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:24pm
WoW! Only 58 years old...not much older than me. I tell my folks in my church, you never know when your day will come. So be ready to meet God. We pray for the family as this is so hard. I have a funeral on Wednesday for a man from our community who was 55. Prayers for the family. John will be missed.
Pastor Mike

-------------
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:08pm
I met John at Dale's Show and always looked forward to talking to him .Class act all the way around . Still in shock , just doesn't seem real.

Alan I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. John was a good man and will be sorely missed.

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: don slick
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:15pm
John was always 1st rate. I met him at Ted's show first and then many times later. My prayers go out his family. Don

Posted By: Darrell, Jr. (MN)
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:38pm
John was truly one of the best guys I have had the honor of knowing in this hobby, he will be greatly missed by many...RIP John.

Posted By: Rfdeere
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:38pm
   Can't believe Big Johns gone ! He was one of the nicest guys you would want to meet ! Prayers going to Barb and Alan and the family. Penfield and Half Century will be missing a huge supporter. He will be missed.

-------------
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.rumelyallis.com

Posted By: Jim Hancock
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:18pm
My condolences, Alan.
Like the rest, always had an answer for almost anything AC. God Bless You at this time. Jim Hancock

Posted By: Allen Dilg
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:20am
   First off my prayers an condolences to John's wife Barb.  Everyone has used my thoughts up.    I can't say just when I met John and Barb maybe  The
south Jacksonville GOTO,  He was there helping set up the AC exhibiters with Kawasakee Mule.  The fact that he didn't like his hand start "A" at Cannadaga, NY.
     John and Barb came up early for Union Grove helped get our tractors ready and loaded (28 loads), or the  the heavy rain after the parade in West Allis, parking rigs in the mud at 11:00pm at Union Grove with his 4 wheel mule.  IF you still have the Winter 2007  OLD ALLIS NEWS there are some pictures of John working in the MONSTER GARAGE at Ted Buiskers.     Again  my Prayers      Allen Dilg

Posted By: David(Stockbridge)MI
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:08am
All I can say is WOW,  condolence to John's family for their loss. David & Jill
DJS Tractor parts

-------------
All "NEW" Web Site http://www.djstractorparts.com

2035,A,U,UC,WF unstyled,WF styled,WC High Crop (cane),RC,B,IB,C,CA,WD,WD45,G,D10,D12,D14,D15,D15 II,D17,D19,WC styled,WC unstyled H3 crawler

Posted By: XT in pa
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:22am
prayers to the family  from pa

Shawn

-------------
190XT,D17and 7045

Posted By: Butch(OH)
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:23am

This was first posted over in Shops, barns trucks etc, some guys have posted there also in case some dont look there.

http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50196&title=lost-a-forum-member" rel="nofollow - http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50196&title=lost-a-forum-member

Posted By: Jim Lindemood
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:09am
Condolences to Barb and the family  --- John was a great supporter of our "Orange Family" as evidenced by the outpouring of thoughts posted. He will be missed!

Posted By: DaveNWWI_OAN
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:10am
Very sorry to hear of John's passing. Enjoyed talking with him.

Posted By: Dave in il
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:49am
I only knew John through this forum but he was always knowlegable and willing to help, I was looking forward to meeting him sometime. My condolences to his family.

Dave Fulkerson

-------------
AGCO My Allis Gleaner Company

Posted By: Dave Richards (WV)
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:54am
So Sorry to hear this.  Couldn't believe it.  John will really be missed.

Posted By: Armand(AZ)
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:15am
What a blow to learn of John's passing!!!   Condolances to his family.  I always enjoyed and looked forward to visiting with John at the AC shows which we did many times.  He was always the first to ask if I had my model albums with me so he could have a look.
He will surely be missed here on the forum as well.    Armand

Posted By: GlenninPA
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:54am
I'm stunned to hear this.
I considered John one of my good friends, he was one of the first people I met at the very first Allis show I ever attended. We always enjoyed visiting at every opportunity over the years. My condolences to Barb and the entire family. He will surely be missed by all who had the pleasure to know him, especially me.  
The world is a better place because he was here, but I sure wish we had been given a little more time to enjoy him.

Glenn

-------------
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:30am
I too have had dealings with him and yes, he was Allis all over and inside!  He will be missed by all. I was going to go down to IL to meet him and Danny Raddatz this past weekend, but never got to do so.  RIP John, I will meet you one of these days. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Yes, 58 is WAY too young.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: orangereborn
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:57am
Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:41am
Sympathies from SE MN.

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Stan IL&TN
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:13am
My prayers go out to Johns family.  He made us all better for knowing him.

-------------
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson

Posted By: Kip[NY]
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:28am
I didn't know John but I can tell he touched a lot of lives here.  May he rest in peace.

-------------
1959 D-14 SN/21089 "Martha"

Posted By: Sandknob
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:32am
Extremely sorry to hear this.  John was a great guy.  Prayers go out to his family.

Posted By: JeffMOnt
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:15pm
My condolences, John always had insightful and meaningful information to pass along. He will be missed.

Posted By: Wil M (NEIA)
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:35pm
Wow, I haven't checked the forum since Sunday and am shocked to hear about John's passing.  I don't think I ever met John in person but we had emailed back and forth several times not so much about tractors but about our respective careers and where we work.  John will be greatly missed.  My condolences to his family.

Wil 

-------------
"Yet there are soulless men whose hand and brain tear down what time will never give again." Anderson M Scruggs

Posted By: gary ny
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:50pm
It saddens me to hear of Johns passing .I never had the honor of meeting him but he a
nd I came on this site around the same time and he added alot .

Posted By: GlenninPA
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:05pm
John was the 2nd user to register when this version of the forum came online. He was here to welcome everyone, as he did at shows or any place you might meet him. His laugh could brighten any day, and you could not help but feel better when you were with him. A true gentleman, John set the standard of what made a great Allis Chalmers type of guy.

-------------
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.

Posted By: Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN)
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:26pm
My deepest condolences to John's family. What a shock! I met John almost 3 years ago while attending Dale's OPOP show, my first time. He went out of his way to come over and introduce himself after the forum gathering. Wanted to know all about my WD45. What a great man. So very sorry to hear of his passing.

Jeff

-------------
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"

Posted By: Cheri IL.
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:41pm
So sorry to hear of Johns passing what I will miss the most is his big smiles and always being happy. He had so much love and devotion for those beautiful Grandaughters what wonderful memories he has made for them. It really is a sad time. Cheri & Chuck

Posted By: Bob-Maine
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:33pm
I just leaned of John's passing. What a shock. We met at the Union Grove GOTO and I stopped to visit John and Barb later that week. He took me for a tour of the Penfield show grounds and the school building that they turned into their HQ. Even though we haven't seen each other for several years, I have considered him a fine friend and someone I'd hoped to seen at the Ohio GOTO in July. His family will be in my prayers. Bob@allisdowneast

-------------
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.

Posted By: B26240
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:42pm
Sad day, I never met him but remembering his posts and seeing the replies on here sounds like my loss. P rayers for his family.

Posted By: Tony Elo
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:43pm
I never met him in person but posted on here,any answer or help he could give was right on the money,condolences to the family,RIP

Posted By: Auntwayne
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:04pm
      Have not been on the forum for several days due to work, but, was shocked to say the least when the first article was his obituary. I never met the man, but respected his knowledge, way to young. Condolences from the Renko Families, Edwardsville Il.

Posted By: KD in SE Ks
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:09pm

Prayers from our family to Johns family.  I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Posted By: Ken(MI)
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 6:42am
My thoughts and prayers go out to Barb and the rest of Johns family. He was one of the finest people I have had the pleasure of knowing. I met John on here many years ago, and found out that he lived across the road from the original section of land homesteaded by my ancestors back in the early 1800's. I have been to his place a couple of times, and it was always a pleasure to talk with him. Rest in Peace John, you will be missed by many...

Posted By: SteveMaskey(MO)
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:16am
Very sad to here this. Barb and the rest of John's family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Steve & Donna

Posted By: Mike R. in Maine
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:24am
My prayers to his wonderful wife and family. It was back in 99 when I first jumped on the internet highway and found John thru the old Chat room. I know I became a better typist while in that chat room .  I never met him at any shows, but from all of the thoughts and prayers above, it's truly my loss. I lurk more than I post nowadays, I'll be feeling his loss from the board for some time.  Mike

Posted By: Herb(GA)
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:02pm
Our thoughts and prayers for Barbara and the entire Schweizer family. Barbara & Herb

Posted By: Josh Day
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 7:23pm
Prayers from Indiana.

Posted By: Chalmersbob
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:25pm
My thoughts and prayers go out to Barb and family on the passing of John. He will truly be missed by all who knew him. Until I saw the pictures of John, I didn't realize who he was. I remember seeing him at several show that I have attended. May God bless you all. Bob

Posted By: ACmowerguy
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:47pm
Very sorry to hear about this. John's famlily will be in my prayers!

-------------
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments

Posted By: SHAMELESS
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:29pm
gosh...i'm really sorry to hear of John's passing! as all of ya'll have said...he will be missed by all! i didn't know him, only on this forum, never met him, but he helped me with questions i had on things! thanks John! gosh he was born just 3 days before me! i guess....God must need him to keep his AC's going up in heaven, keeping Heaven in perfect condition! prayers from Nebraska to John's family! 

Posted By: Michael (WI)
Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:26am
I try to keep up on the forum but apparently I missed some very serious news.  I wish to express my sincere condolences to the Schweizer family.  John was one of my early AC contacts when I started on the forum in 1998.  I have visited with him at several of Ted's shows if not others.  In fact here at work is hanging a pin from the 2001 Penfield, IL Historic Farm Days John had given me.  He always made a complete stranger feel at home.  He will be missed.  God Bless.

Posted By: Michael V (NM)
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:25am
wow, what a shock!dont get here much anymore, but check in sometimes.I never met John in person,but visited some when the chat room was going on.....prayers and condolences to his family
Mivhael V (NM)

Posted By: rickwsomd
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:29am
Alan,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.  I met your Dad at Canandaigua and also Union Grove and it was a pleasure to talk with him.  I always read his posts here on the forum and loved to see what kinds of things he was up to.  God Bless, Rick W.

-------------
Rick W.(So.MD)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net