This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP 7010 powershift Dr Allis Mack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Bragg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP 7010 powershift Dr Allis Mack
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:13pm
I was mowing hay with my 7010 powershift today,(disked 200 acres with 20ft 480 international disk last month with no trouble)ground speed started slowing down.looks like hyd oil coming from behind the flywheel.can something screw up to cause excessive trans preasure?1800 rpm light has always worked properly and is not on abnormally.Anything to check before I split it?anything else to service inside while its down. thanks Clay
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:01pm
If it is hyd. oil, the nut on ftont of PS may have come off. If the nut came loose it is a complete rebuild.  
  If you are lucky it is engine oil from rear main seal.   MACK
Clay Bragg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Bragg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:31pm

definatley hy tran wher can i purchase some good splitting stands?

bill2260 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill2260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 6:44am
What causes the nut to come off power shift? Have seen post on this before. Thanks, Bill
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 6:50am
The locking tab ring allows the nut to start to work loose and then eventually shears off the tab and then bad things happen. It is not terribly common but, as these tractors get older we may see more. Whenever I have a PowerShift tractor split for any reason, I put a stake/center punch mark on the inside diameter of the nut, inline with a keyway on the clutch housing nose so the nut can't ever back off. If I ever need to remove the nut for trans repairs years down the road, I use a sharp chisel and split the nut at the center punch mark.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 7:25am
I have seen the housing break off behind the nut, have saw the threads stripped with the lock still in tack. No good reason, but it happens from time to time.
 As far as splitting stands, a set to support the motor is all you need. Remove the PS with the motor then remove PS from motor.  MACK
Clay Bragg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Bragg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 4:56pm

can you check clutch packs for wear or would you just replace them all?torque limiter?Bearings?thanks

Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 5:11pm
here's a good place for stands, spendy, but safe..

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:38pm
I would replace clutch plates in C1 and A2. Any others thar are warped or has foreign materal through them. As far as wear, check the splines on plates for wear. The plates very seldem wear unless they are warped.    MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic