This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GM Electric Cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 8:45am
BTW, if I was looking for a souped up, eco friendly go cart to replace a bigger ride, it would be a sub compact running on bio-diesel. About 70 to 80 mpg.....and still works like a car.
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

The more I hear about electric vehicles, the idea comes to me if the fleet were now electric and a gas or diesel vehicle was being proposed, the market would flip to G or D in a heartbeat. That suggests to me the electric vehicles are not a better mousetrap. Quite the opposite in fact.

So something else is going on. Pretty much know what it is, but hard to fathom the general public will be willing to go along with having this rammed down their throats for no good reason.

The time to make the switch is when the technology arrives to make it the better choice. We are not there yet.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

no good reason LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The dictator behind the king's thrown has lots of reasons.CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

But I guess more for the pollical page.

Yes the more one thinks about the electric car the poorer and poorer it looks.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 8:19pm
Miller...does that cab over Chevy come with the side ramp like the old Corvair cab over pickups did? that is kinda a unique looking truck. GM has the cab over 1 tons already with the iszuzu motor in it. years ago all the main vehicle companies made cab over pickups. i always kinda liked them. i guess...cuz they are different than other vehicles.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 8:41pm
Daves  photo was an artist "drawing" of one possible design he was promoting... The actual truck design "so far" is a more standard design. It was slated to be built in 2024.. Now chevy is saying they are moving it up... but not date set yet.  The HUMMER is the first GMC electric truck to be introduced end of 2021... So Chevy will be 2022 ( possibly).. this is the CHEVY as of Dec 2020.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 8:52pm
This is the electric GMC Hummer that will come out end of 2021 for a 2022 model... It would be safe to assume the Chevy which follows in a year or two would be 90% the same truck with some minor body / bumper changes.

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:30am
It ain't cheap to go green. And it won't be for some time to come. If they want the masses to buy it then they better make it cheaper than what's being sold now.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 10:34am
They do not want masses buying anything, they just want control.  Will be afoot well before anything becomes affordable or really functionally available.

Fossil Plants retiring at phenomenal rates, CNG Nat Gas power is going to become so expensive as to Not be affordable due to NO Fracking laws, Wind and Solar are Supplemental and mean SQUAT as to recharging these machines in any volume so are defined Between the Rock and Hard Place as the idiocy of Washout DC plays their games.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 10:35am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 1:46pm
Climate change, yep 4 degrees this morning and they are calling for 0 or below over the weekend with highs in the teens
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:01pm
NE Seaboard received 2 FEET of snow and are expecting MORE Storms over the next weeks, Global Warming!!!!!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:09pm

and this is the 'first time ever' that the NE Seaboard has ever received snow !

Yup just gotta be Global Warming.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:12pm
Self feeding program as fuels prices rise, fuels consumption decreases, must add MORE taxes to derive more revenues so fuels Rise again only to see curtailed usage at a higher level.  Buyers of 'Alternative' energy machines do not pay Roads fuels taxes instead paying a Alternate Fuel Surcharge Tax for a W/S Tax Stamp so can use any purchase source for their fuels supply(IE Electricity or LP or CNG ETC).  Tax on the Farm truck on LP was $102.00 per year, could buy Propane on second fill at $.93/gal.  So Alt. fuels tax did not even equate to miles nor fuel quantity used.  MO is considering a Road Miles tax on cars using Alternate Fuels where I believe IL already has done so.

Was speaking to a REA group that is looking at this in a near county.  Neighborhoods will have to have Grid updates, Distribution transformers updated, lines sizing updated, sub stations updated, Transmission to Substation systems updated, potentially MORE substations added to handle extra load.  REA is looking at DOUBLE their annual expenses in First Year of new services, second year may double that again doubling or tripling the delivered energy price, from $.095/kwh to $.225- potentially $.385.  Will barely be able to afford to live in ANY Structure paying those bills.  Propane is already noted to be rising here.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:18pm
Gary..............

Joke Stickfigure GIF - Joke Stickfigure NotAffected GIFs
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:41pm
He has NOT quite caught on Steve!!!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 11:59pm
years ago when diesel vehicles started getting popular, our state would put a added tax on when licensing the vehicle. they claim it would help with revenue loss because the diesels so said would get better mileage than gassers. so when going in to get your license plates or re-registration, you had to lie about or didn't mention anything about diesel power! now i think it's an automatic tac on no matter what the fuel type is.   
Ambassaduss View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambassaduss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:19am
This is a great idea! Electric cars are our future! At the moment, a lot of people have begun to change their cars to hybrid ones, as this is less harmful to the environment and, in general, is much more economical to use. Tesla is one of the best representatives of new cars powered by electricity. I myself am the owner of a Tesla Model 3 and I am insanely happy. For long journeys and camping I cannot find a better car. The modernized driving system that allows you to rest and at the same time constantly move helps to overcome long distances and a short period of time. Quite recently, on the recommendation of the service at https://graydonschwartz.com/teslafi-vs-teslastics/, I bought myself a mattress for my Tesla and it practically became my new home.

Edited by Ambassaduss - 27 Mar 2021 at 11:58am
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 3:59pm

Welcome to Planet Earth.
PatrickC007 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatrickC007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 3:37pm
Probably very soon people will completely abandon gasoline and diesel engines. I think it's even good that people are striving for “an all-electric future”. I am also glad that many great services have appeared, such as simplyswitch.com, which make good discounts on electricity. Energy suppliers offer a whole variety of gifts and incentives for choosing their energy deals. My husband has been using these services for a long time, I like it too. He said that he had not seen a better offer anywhere else.

Edited by PatrickC007 - 22 Jun 2021 at 7:20am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 3:51pm
you can get 100% INCREASE by going from 1 unit to 2 units....

What is important is the PERCENT of TOTAL VEHICLES that are ELECTRIC... About ZERO.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 5:14pm
re: This is a great idea! Electric cars are our future!

well, we're DOOMED....

....better stock up on candles and firewood....

I was going to reply to the rest of the post, but it HAS to be SPAM...
after all NOBODY 'camps' if they own a Tesla... heck if you can OWN a 100K$ ecar , you don't own a tent....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 8:39am
Maybe after buyin' that E-car, all you can afford is a tent!!!LOL
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 2:36pm
  Well the top two men at the electric truck plant in Lorain, Ohio have quit and don't hear anything about hiring to replace them.
JLS retired View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLS retired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 2:46pm
pro electric keep forgetting unintended consequences, China owns/controls major portion of rare earth resources,(lithium, cadmium, ect.) Will
EPA allow reprocessing of electric car batteries? Check out current regs. for lead batteries. Emergency services already getting extra training to deal with cutting accident victems out of electric and hybird cars. Added 'burb sprawl caused by new charging stations, expensive transformers and infrastructure for said charging stations. As my grandmother said "the road to he-- is paved with good intentions".
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
New York (CNN Business)Lordstown Motors, the startup electric truck maker, warned Tuesday it is close to running out of cash and may be forced out of business in the next year.

The news, which sent Lordstown shares down about 20% in midday trading Wednesday, is a blow to not only the company but also to the gritty industrial town from which it gets its name. For 53 years, Lordstown, Ohio, was home to a massive General Motors plant, which GM closed in 2019.
The car giant sold the 6.2 million square foot factory, nearly twice the size of the Pentagon, later that year to start-up Lordstown Motors, which promised to pay union-level wages to workers to build its Endurance pickup truck. It is due to start production of that truck in September. Lordstown currently has about 600 employees.
    But Tuesday the startup said it no longer has enough money to start commercial production. It warned there is now "substantial doubt" about its ability to stay in business over the course of the next 12 months.
      The company filing said it had $259.7 million in cash on hand as of March 31, after posting a net loss of $125.2 million over the previous three months.
          It said it's ability to stay in business "is dependent on its ability to complete the development of its electric vehicles, obtain regulatory approval, begin commercial scale production and launch the sale of such vehicles." It is seeking additional financing.

Edited by steve(ill) - 21 Jun 2021 at 4:44pm
          dee_veloper View Drop Down
          Orange Level
          Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 5:58pm
          After reading the article, Lordstown Motors is a startup that leaped right into the pickup market with what appears to be a unique design of using hub motors.

Most startups begin small and grow their companies.  These folks are trying to compete with giants right out of the gate.

Good luck to them.
          Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
          My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
          BrianC View Drop Down
          Orange Level
          Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
          All the farmers around here have already switched!
          They dumped their electric irrigation pumps and went (back) to diesels.
          What a surprise to see a diesel pump going full bore. Next to it are some
          old power poles and a rusty, empty meter box. Abandoned like the horse and buggy.

Well, our local beloved utility has the highest rates (like $.21/KWH) and they have screwy
          service and connection charges, monthly minimums and such. So the farmers dumped them.
          Dealing with monopolies is no fun.

Ray54 View Drop Down
          Orange Level Access
          Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 12:45pm
          Brian be careful what you wish for. Your state is on par with mine for craziness. Mine back in 02 already came up with a solution to the monopoly. A coop company with NO GENERATION or DISTRABUTION LINES but it gets to use the old monopoly companies equipment. Of course it is a green company so if you wish Wink you power is ALL GREEN energy, LOL even though it comes in on the same wires as any other energy. LOL And of course green costs a bit more.

No idea who is in control of coop, Wink my best guess crocked politicians. Your local government (city, or county) signs your area up for it, and you get to do paperwork to get yourself out.

Wink  So now we get to pick which monopoly gets our money. LOL
           Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
            Share Topic