This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crawler Wrench??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crawler Wrench??
    Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 11:48pm
I got this wrench in a lot of Allis parts lately. There are traces of what seems to be Persian orange paint left and I was wondering if it was for an Allis Crawler?  It measures 5 3/8" across the flats
Sponsored Links

AusHD6 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AusHD6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 4:37am
This big ring spanner fits the sprocket lock nut on an Allis Chalmers HD6 which off the top of my head has to be torqued up to 2100ft/pnds
AusHD6 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AusHD6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 4:43am
Wouldn't be ale to get it over the sprocket shaft with that handle welded to it though???
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 10:01am
The handle looks like it was factory made as part of the wrench. It doesn't look like a later addition.
It's certainly won't fit anything on my Allis wheel tractors!!LOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 10:05pm
I don't know the nut size is on the old AC offset discs with the oil bath bearings inside the axle tubes.But the old IH and JD discs I am more familiar with would use a wrench  like this. I know were there is a disc measure but it will not happen for a few days as I am committed to other things for a few days.
Ray
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 8:16am
I wonder if that is the wrench for the nut that holds the cylinder on a 6g on the nut for the dump cylinder.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 8:20am
Originally posted by michale34 michale34 wrote:

I wonder if that is the wrench for the nut that holds the cylinder on a 6g on the nut for the dump cylinder.
I don't now what I was thinking I was thinking there was a nut on the dump cylinder pin but I think there a big nut on the pin right below it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic