This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil/Lubricant ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
I made a 500 mile trip within MN about a week back - Jeep got 24 miles per gallon average over that trip . 
 Now if my vehicle had been electric it would have been a couple day trip as range is about 230 miles maximum for batteries . 
  My one dump truck gets 4 MPG average , the other it seems less . Wonder how big a battery it would take to move 50,000 or a 80,000 GVW total weight down the highway for any distance . Also how much the vehicle will weigh empty of cargo as you don't get paid for the weight of the truck - that's called liability or LOST INCOME 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 4:29am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

And own the primary Uranium
Mining sites.

Takes no less than 200 Barrels of refined petroleum to produce wind turbines, then takes additional 200-300 Gallons of Petroleum lubricants to keep them running for five years. Good luck ending Oil dependence.

As for the steels and copper in these monsters add more coal to produce that steel and energy in vast quantities from ALL sources to extract and refine the copper. Each pedestal retaining that column for that wind turbine of at least 2mW electric is around 200 cubic yards of concrete, was mined refined cement that is Kiln formed using Coal or Petroleum as NG does not have adequate BTU value.
Stone, sand, clay additives all used petroleum or coal to produce.

Have you SEEN the parking lots of ANY major shopping center in YOUR neighborhood ?? 
There's COUNTLESS quarts of leaking "petroleum" products that would make your 200-300 gallons/5 years look EMBARRASSING ClapClap 
I'm sorry, your 2-3/5 IS embarrassing Sleepy

It is too bad your comprehension skills are so weak. The number I stated is per EACH wind turbine tower times how many Now Thousands are up or being constructed. Enough petroleum to keep a refinery running 24/7 365 just to supply these which entails hundreds of thousands of gallons of petroleum shipped from who knows where and coal by the trains loads.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 4:39am

Again, I respect your sincere replies Lars. I'm not a "huge" fan of nuclear  myself, and I was unaware of the dam closures across the nation Confused . IMO, coal is almost as detrimental to the environment as nuclear power though Embarrassed

You have zero clue as to detrimental factors, been up Listening to Green Peace or some other tree hugger broadcasts. Worked within the nuclear power industry for 21 years, not a cleaner end result power supply out there where fuel reprocessing could keep those Base Load stations generating at a lower cost for decades and decades. It is the over hyped incidents due to poor forethought or idiots that have given that a black eye.
Are only Chernobyl type facilities in the Eastern Bloc nations, are few Boiling Water reactor stations in the US due to their inherent dirty traits but Japan found them conveniently cheap and fast to construct where placed other than within tsunami prone areas are still effective and efficient. As to wastes the exaggerations are anywhere across the boards as to mass illogical numbers that had they existed would fill an entire state the size of Texas, they do not.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:32am
You have zero clue as to detrimental factors, been up Listening to Green Peace or some other tree hugger broadcasts

That pertains to about 100% of FreeGas post... Not having a CLUE is a way of life for him.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:29am

Local energy company Xcel requested a 20% rate increase, their  reason, to pay for solar panels.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:22pm
Buddy of mine installed his $30,000 "No Cost To Him", After Rebates, Subsidization moneys, and the Magical 'More than he Uses Payback' each month.  Rebate made back some $5000, subsidizing money close to another $7000 he was stuck with remainder.  Now his power provider has notified will require Upgrade to Home Service Transformer and metering, an additional $1500, then they did notify him he would receive a Reduction on his normal billing AFTER the upgrades are completed, scheduled Next March, was also notified that he will not receive a payback on his solar beyond his usage numbers, is within their rights to do that.  In the Mean Time his panels sit on his roof and shine a lot.

He is NOT happy.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Sure glad NO PETROLEUM will ever be needed for Electric Propelled vehicles - they are going to roll on bearings that need no lubrication through tires than need no base material , and the best part is they will travel on roads then use not petroleum to supply the materials , road bed grading , or surface material produced with no carbon based materials .  Asphalt will be eliminated, mining will be eliminated, and all electric vehicles will be able to go on long trips in any weather while the driver has no worry about battery going dead, heat inside the vehicle will be comfortable along with no traffic jams that will be caused by many vehicles being stalled after setting in the cold for a hour stalled in heavy traffic .
  There is no POLITICS INVOLVED - Jut the facts . 
But solar and wind will be the savior as every home , office, and vehicle uses them and the power grid has the capacity to handle it all . 
  Look at Texas for a good example of what happened when weather creates a new unexpected problem for heat and power.
How are you so certain that bearings will require "petroleum" based lube in 15-20 years ?? How are you so certain that the "tires" of the future will be "petroleum" based ?? 
You sound/act like a guy that CAN NOT believe the future of the internal combustion engine is coming to an end sooner than you like for some reason Confused , STOCKS in a petroleum company by any chance Wink ??

Edited by FREEDGUY - 31 Oct 2021 at 6:16pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm
Actually bearings may not last that long.  But the point is moot, as the cars are only designed to last 10 years.  Which is another moot point, as the batteries won't last 10!

Do YOU have stock in the electric cos, gassy?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I see your point about asphalt, my point was true crankcase oil pooling on top of the parking lot Embarrassed .

What is your point? If you don’t want to see oil spots on a parking space, just make sure your vehicle doesn’t ever have a drip, and don’t be looking at empty parking spaces. That’s all you can do. Don’t get all bent out of shape on things you have absolutely no control over.

I wasn't aware that I got "BENT" on parking lot observation ,Yet you guys get "BENT" over a simple post topic/point of view and are above reproach ?? If we all lived in Illinois, life would be "AWESOME" I guess Confused
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by bemer848 bemer848 wrote:

That oil spots may be from a brew oval truck that somebody did not get the drane plug tight enough after changing oil.
Is there a GOOD reason that you've never given any "WORTHWHILE" info on the Farm Equipment section ?? Sucking up to the TTPP clan is at the very least embarrassing bummer guy  ClapClap
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:41pm
We can always ‘progress’ back to whale oil, or coal oil.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:41pm

I see your point about asphalt, my point was true crankcase oil pooling on top of the parking lot Embarrassed .

What is your point? If you don’t want to see oil spots on a parking space, just make sure your vehicle doesn’t ever have a drip, and don’t be looking at empty parking spaces. That’s all you can do. Don’t get all bent out of shape on things you have absolutely no control over.

I wasn't aware that I got "BENT" on parking lot observation ,Yet you guys get "BENT" over a simple post topic/point of view and are above reproach ?? If we all lived in Illinois, life would be "AWESOME" I guess Confused

Not if you were there, gassy!Wink
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:43pm
I don’t live in Illinois, thank goodness.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:54pm
.[/QUOTE]
How are you so certain that bearings will require "petroleum" based lube in 15-20 years ?? How are you so certain that the "tires" of the future will be "petroleum" based ?? 
You sound/act like a guy that CAN NOT believe the future of the internal combustion engine is coming to an end sooner than you like for some reason Confused , STOCKS in a petroleum company by any chance Wink ??
[/QUOTE]

It might be I have worked with things that move , things that roll , things with wheels . 
Also hauled petroleum products from refineries in my work years . Over highways made of asphalt , hauled vacuum bottoms from cracking towers for asphalt shingles , heavy oil for treating RR ties , oil to rubber companies for heat and base product production, hauled diesel to mining operations , to Rail Roads , to peak generating plants when Natural Gas was curtailed from short supplies to run turbines , oil to power plants for boiler fuel for same reason, 
 If you believe solar panels work a 100 % at night or on overcast times and the wind always blows - you are the one with a problem . 
 No source of storage is yet devised to supply the needed power over any period of time to meet present grid demand .
 I can just see a evacuation out of the path of a natural disaster with miles of vehicles with dead batteries clogging highways - and some diesel powered generator giving each a hour charge to clear the highways .   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 4:04am
Until petroleum was found as having such excellent lubrication properties whale oil and animal tallow were used with less than stellar results. Wagon axles used beef tallow and often burnt up bearing surfaces as the tallow would not remain stable enough in temperature variants. Early steam engines then fuel consuming IC engines would not have been plausible without Coal oils or Petroleum, both of which are essentially organic.

Fuel and lubricant oils are already being produced synthesizing Algae after growing that algae using CO2 from a combustion process, the uber green sector are suppressing said technology due to Climate Change Theories which were also Global Warming theories and were as wrong in the 60s and 70s as the current volumes of dispatched bad math will end up.

Was reading a counter article on CC where the ‘Math’ had to be adjusted recently to keep the Temp C values rising when actually showed lowering. Science, it is what a scientist wishes to make it until proved incorrect.   Climate Models are only as accurate as the data loaded, is an overwhelming volume of data the Climate Gurus will not add into the machines as sends them into overload so cherry pick those aspects to make themselves feel correct.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 4:47am
Coke, Dave:

Your reality will never penetrate the fog of gassy's fantasy...Hug
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:33am
These people just don’t realize the infrastructure for EV, is not there yet. It will be decades before it would be anywhere’s close to the anticipate demand, if was even a ‘all hands on deck’ approach.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:16am

These people just don’t realize the infrastructure for EV, is not there yet. It will be decades before it would be anywhere’s close to the anticipate demand, if was even a ‘all hands on deck’ approach.
Dang it Lars, he "never mentioned electrical generation" !!! LOLLOLLOL
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:06am
and i will say AGAIN.........

That pertains to about 100% of FreeGas post... Not having a CLUE is a way of life for him.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:42pm
If he were to capture all his f art gasses, he could maybe propel a city load of people to the moon and back on them frictionless kinetic ball bearings... 
 Oh yea, halloween was last night and his broom won't kick start today cuz it's outta gas...
A BTO near here sent in his application for fundings on covering his crap storage pit with a bladder to capture the gas to run a generator... What I have observed since was the generator was never set up, and they burn the excess methane gasses off at the pit at the top of a pipe. It was one way to get state monies to cover his mega cow pit and not shell it out of his own pocket.... just a game for some people to play.   Kinda like the games the politicians play these days... using everybody else's monies.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:19pm
If gassy could hook this contraption up to both ends, not only would he make ends meet, But he would be self propelled, too!
Do not click on this link!Wink

Oh well, I warned ya!LOL
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 4:47am
Metro STL finally got their New ALL Electric Battery Buses charged, all four of them.  They now have a Substation at ever garage/district site lot for Four Buses, the stations can ONLY Handle Four Buses being charged are separate from the buildings supply substations and dedicated ONLY to charging the buses.  The minimum bus parking is for 20 buses, the max as at the Corporate General Office/Main Garage area is for 60, so for ALL Electrics in the system will need 4 additional Substations at the more limited sites(Three) and fourteen additional at the larger sites(Four) as the buses take 3-5 hours to charge, charge too fast and the batteries overheat shutting down the recharge, too slow is not a problem, all that for a six hour routine daily route.  The cost for power to feed these exceeds that ability to recapture by ridership moneys by a factor of four.  They will still need Brakes, tires, suspension and structural work where no longer need oil changes yet will still need lubricants and coolants for the subsystems.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 7:44am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Metro STL finally got their New ALL Electric Battery Buses charged, all four of them.  They now have a Substation at ever garage/district site lot for Four Buses, the stations can ONLY Handle Four Buses being charged are separate from the buildings supply substations and dedicated ONLY to charging the buses.  The minimum bus parking is for 20 buses, the max as at the Corporate General Office/Main Garage area is for 60, so for ALL Electrics in the system will need 4 additional Substations at the more limited sites(Three) and fourteen additional at the larger sites(Four) as the buses take 3-5 hours to charge, charge too fast and the batteries overheat shutting down the recharge, too slow is not a problem, all that for a six hour routine daily route.  The cost for power to feed these exceeds that ability to recapture by ridership moneys by a factor of four.  They will still need Brakes, tires, suspension and structural work where no longer need oil changes yet will still need lubricants and coolants for the subsystems.

You can bet that KC will be next with this great plan to augment those electric trolleys that they call a big success although they don’t charge to ride so zero revenue. What chaps me is they raised our gas tax, (even though we voted it down repeatedly for good reasons), and that’s where a chunk of it will go. And then they are telling us we need toll roads to pay for needed improvements, “make those that use it pay for it,” is what they are saying but evidently that doesn’t apply to the electric transportation.
Maximum use of available resources!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic