This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A GOOD Laugh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A GOOD Laugh
    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 7:47am
Friday wife and I went to Washington MO to PU her car at Ford, she and I went to Orscheln's there to kill time where after we left she kept snickering. 

FINALLY last night she told me why.

Seems was a young Couple(Late twenties, citified) in the garden tools section while I was other side of store, asked a Clerk then looked at my wife and asked her if they could garden a 100'x100' patch with hand tools and grow enough to eat all summer.  She stated she told them 'Sure' if you have nothing else to do but weed and scrape and amend and whatever else is required.  She explained planting cycles, dark of the moon schedules, that a Fuel Powered Tiller was their only reasonable option for larger tillage, would take DAYS to cut one row with a pick/mattock then chop that up with a Hoe then turn that every few days with organic matter then till some more, figure that on ten to twenty rows 100x100 and MAYBE by a year from start date could have a nice garden. 

She walked away from them giggling to herself as they left the store empty handed mumbling to themselves.  She still giggles when think on their dumbfounded stares.

Edited by DMiller - 01 Feb 2021 at 7:47am
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:42am
  Some have no idea what it takes to grow what they eat.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:12pm
Yep, almost worked myself to death last year keeping the weeds at bay. Hardest year of gardening I've ever had. To much rain the first half and not enough the last half.     Leon
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:33pm
Wink Yes so funny in many ways, Cry so so sad in so many others. They seem to fit the term citydot I have stumbled across on the net.

I have rented pasture from a software designer he wanted grass feed organic beef in trade. My wife will not let grass feed beef in our kitchen, I vaccinate against a number of dieses in my cattle. I explained I fed a lot of seed screenings not much grain you would find another use for. And he agreed vaccinating so I did not get sick cattle that might need antibiotics was a reasonable thing. When I was ready to butcher, find out he only wants steak. It worked in the end but was learning experience for him as well as me.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:36pm
  Only wants steaks and how many does he think he should have?
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Only wants steaks and how many does he think he should have?

Wink Used the value the up your nose grass feed organic meat market uses.LOL Something like $10 dollars a pound. Another land owner was glad to take hamburger off my hands at a reasonable price.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 1:18pm
LOL
We bought a quarter beef from local grower, mostly burger and large cuts as roasts, around a dozen packs of Two steaks of varying types.  All Steaks, evidently does not know where the better tasting meat is!!!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 7:01pm
Seems to be a few of those all natual ppl more and more- also seems ppl didnt think that when the - meat shortage- that never happened a, bought 1/2 a beef etc for big money  , have paid so much for just hamburger, few prime cuts in beef- but they are good 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 12:16am
some of them type folks are moving out by me, they stop and ask all kinds of questions, asking why/what/when on bouts everything. one couple moved out near-by and Sugarmaker thinks he has lots invested in his new shop, they just built a $265,000. Cleary steel building to live in. whew! 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 5:59am
We have a coworker that’s a California transplant.
He was telling me he and his girlfriend were gonna get a milk cow.
I smiled and asked if he was seriously gonna get up early every day and feed and milk a cow.
Are y’all ready for this???
He said we don’t need milk every day.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 6:07am
Another clueless!!  Get a few cups to half a bucket dependent of the day/diet of a cow, stop milking and bag goes dry until re-breed and carrying a calf.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I smiled and asked if he was seriously gonna get up early every day and feed and milk a cow.

LOLLOL,,,,like ole Dave says,,,,they gots a few things to learnWink,,,but all is not lost. You might get to buy that milkless cow for next to nuttin after they realize the cost of hay,,,,,LOL
 UMmmmm,,,they didn't bring their liberal beliefs with them,,,,?Wink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 11:04am
Oh and a BTW, Milk Cows get milked TWICE per day, EVERY Day or bag stops producing.  So No Vacation For YOU!!!!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

LOLLOL Maybe he could explain to you where the on/off switch is LOL so you only milk on the days you feel like it.

Wink I better back out of here and stay quiet. Cause Confused I have a son married one of the citydots. They got a house on 1/2 or 3/4 of a acre just before Christmas. So she went and bough 2 goats. Talked of maybe having to start milking one.Clap Son had "the talk" about birds and bees. So she is over milking goats.LOL They are also educating her on fence building too.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic