This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

410 pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

As for the other, yeah, you and that trick go way back!LOL

another way to do it, is to capitoLIze random letters, talK about thE weaTHer, InfirmitieS, anything.  Some times it takes a while, for anyone to catch on...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Sponsored Links

DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 2:03am
Although I suggested otherwise above, and although it doesn't exactly qualify as a compact concealed, I would personally prefer the full frame 1911, for lots of reasons, including but not limited to, the selective nature of it's operation... one can choose, by virtue of placement, wether to warn, injure, disable, or dispatch a target.  From 25 feet, A round to the shoulder will spin and drop a 250lb man to the ground, and grant enough time for you to either move forward to secure the target, or retreat to safety.  When the 7 round clip is empty, you can rapidly eject, insert a new, and cycle to battery a ready round for more action. 

Most importantly, once it's empty, the 1911 pistol is STILL a VERY deadly weapon, and can be used to do all sorts of really bad things to an adversary, while having no ill effect to the sidearm- a fresh magazine will put it right back to conventional operation with no worries about damage to the barrel, firing mechanism, or loading.

A casual assailant wouldn't likely be inclined to escalate a situation much farther than a hammer-back once the wrong end of that barrel was facing them, but having the option to apply 'unrestricted combat' mode would not only eliminate a large quantity of the greatest threats soonest, it would immediately convince the lesser-skilled/lesser-esperienced bad guys that it was time to exit in lieu of a new avocation.

Of course, if I ever came upon an option to acquire an M15 variant, I certainly would, but I'd feel obligated to contact the original officer's decendants, as they may want opportunity to acquire it as a family heirloom... that kind of thing superceded my worthyness a bit.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.-  -.-. --.-   -.. . -.- .-- ----- -.. . -. ....- .-----

Edited by DaveKamp - 22 Dec 2019 at 2:09am
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 7:23pm
when I took my concealed carry class, they claimed most of the time when legally fired your victim is 3-5ft away.  25ft usually means he's running away and some places frown on shooting them as they retreat.   best shoot to kill if they are running away so your story is the only one they hear!!!!!
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 11:42pm
I just waited till KS passed conceal carry with no class.  Everyone is legal to carry concealed in KS   Plus open carry has been legal since 1800  I guess.  Been legal for as long as I can remember.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 7:31am
[TUBE]IDJHS0_l8xY[/TUBE]
[TUBE]FFxZBGjf1GU[/TUBE]
[TUBE]CDFhJteaFxM[/TUBE]
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 7:54am
Oldest son has a Judge
Youngest son bought a old K10 Blazer that he thoroughly destroyed
in his youngest son ways.
Oldest son wanted to try the Judge out with 00Buck and 45's.
Youngest son said use the Blazer I ain't gonna fix it. Wasn't much anyway.
From 20' ain't nobody getting away if hit with 00.
45 went clear through it.

nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by fixer1958 fixer1958 wrote:

From 20' ain't nobody getting away if hit with 00.
45 went clear through it.

The previous video dosen't give a fair evaluation of the 410 Judge for home protection. I would like to think my stomach is like a cement block but if a red dot is put on my stomach at 20ft. I know that would be the end. 
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 1:45pm
the video dude was a joke!   
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 2:19pm
Sorry guy's, just ran across it while surfing and though ya might like the info. I myself use a Taurus 4" 357 mag revolver.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 3:07pm
the governor smith wesson .........410/45 a crime stopper.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic