This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

storm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: storm
    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 8:54pm
Well, it's just started thundering and now rain. Supposed to have some bad storms move through, so battened everything down and checked the to go bags. now to change the subject, we live close to the woods and that means we have an unbelievable number of moles in our yard. I've read some good ways of getting rid of them, and not be too hard?  You wouldn't believe how many tunnels there are. Seriously it would probably take a 100 traps to get them. My daughter has a Jack Russell and we have a half Jack Russell and you how they like to drag up dead stuff, so I'm afraid they'd dig them and eat them Got any ideas?
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:09pm
Cats really like moles
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:18pm
chickens will gets rid of them too!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
Shammer's is that called Peck a Mole. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:22pm
lol...could be
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 1:01am
Seems to me there is supposed to be some plant that gets rid of them. I'm thinking Castor Bean?
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:07am
Windy , 45 mile an hour winds all day here forecasted , guess I will go out and see if I have any shingles left . Ought to at least help get rid of some of these leaves

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 27 Nov 2019 at 7:07am
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:41am
     I had a mole problem in my garden and yard until my brother told me to use castor oil. Have to go to the shop to look at the formula but you use about 1/4 cup each of castor  oil and dish soap in 3-5 gallons of water and spray over the area. I usually spray before planting and rototill in then another dose on top of that. Seems to work. I used some left over mixture on an area of the yard too. It doesn't kill the moles but they leave the sprayed area. May have to re-apply after a couple  of months. Depends partly on how much rain comes and washes it deeper into  the ground. I found some relatively cheap castor  oil on ebay. I have applied this to my garden for 3 years and no moles.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 8:37am
Moles are after the grubs in your lawn. Get rid of the grubs and the moles will leave. Use an Insecticide on the grubs.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 9:42am
Dusty's got it! Think I put down 'Grubex' at the farm, never saw a tunnel all year, were everywhere last year.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 9:52am
there is a trap I think is called the "mole eliminator" that I think I got on Amazon.

It is deadly on moles.  As soon as they tunnel into my property they are toast.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:31am
I still perform a age old trick. Buy miners grade Carbide, for lamps and such, drop a few rocks down a re-rod poke hole into a run followed with water soon as see fumes cover poke hole. Tunnel fills with methane mole Dies, works especially well with Deep diggers as females setting up a deep nest where only see a big mound of earth no run, poke into that from the side until reach the bore then follow same instructions, they do NOT come back.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:29pm
Watching the weather on RFD TV, some nasty weather out there, hope everyone stays safe. Bet ole Desert Joe would like their weather gal. Wink
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic