Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=166155
Printed Date: 11 Jun 2024 at 4:07am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: storm
Posted By: LeonR2013
Subject: storm
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 8:54pm
Well, it's just started thundering and now rain. Supposed to have some bad storms move through, so battened everything down and checked the to go bags. now to change the subject, we live close to the woods and that means we have an unbelievable number of moles in our yard. I've read some good ways of getting rid of them, and not be too hard?  You wouldn't believe how many tunnels there are. Seriously it would probably take a 100 traps to get them. My daughter has a Jack Russell and we have a half Jack Russell and you how they like to drag up dead stuff, so I'm afraid they'd dig them and eat them Got any ideas?

Replies:
Posted By: thendrix
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:09pm
Cats really like moles

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:18pm
chickens will gets rid of them too!

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
Shammer's is that called Peck a Mole. LOL

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:22pm
lol...could be

Posted By: Walker
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 1:01am
Seems to me there is supposed to be some plant that gets rid of them. I'm thinking Castor Bean?

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:07am
Windy , 45 mile an hour winds all day here forecasted , guess I will go out and see if I have any shingles left . Ought to at least help get rid of some of these leaves

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: ac hunter
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:41am
     I had a mole problem in my garden and yard until my brother told me to use castor oil. Have to go to the shop to look at the formula but you use about 1/4 cup each of castor  oil and dish soap in 3-5 gallons of water and spray over the area. I usually spray before planting and rototill in then another dose on top of that. Seems to work. I used some left over mixture on an area of the yard too. It doesn't kill the moles but they leave the sprayed area. May have to re-apply after a couple  of months. Depends partly on how much rain comes and washes it deeper into  the ground. I found some relatively cheap castor  oil on ebay. I have applied this to my garden for 3 years and no moles.

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 8:37am
Moles are after the grubs in your lawn. Get rid of the grubs and the moles will leave. Use an Insecticide on the grubs.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 9:42am
Dusty's got it! Think I put down 'Grubex' at the farm, never saw a tunnel all year, were everywhere last year.

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 9:52am
there is a trap I think is called the "mole eliminator" that I think I got on Amazon.

It is deadly on moles.  As soon as they tunnel into my property they are toast.

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:31am
I still perform a age old trick. Buy miners grade Carbide, for lamps and such, drop a few rocks down a re-rod poke hole into a run followed with water soon as see fumes cover poke hole. Tunnel fills with methane mole Dies, works especially well with Deep diggers as females setting up a deep nest where only see a big mound of earth no run, poke into that from the side until reach the bore then follow same instructions, they do NOT come back.

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:29pm
Watching the weather on RFD TV, some nasty weather out there, hope everyone stays safe. Bet ole Desert Joe would like their weather gal. Wink

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net