This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane prices
    Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:53pm
Just kinda curious what everyone is paying for propane lately since energy prices seem to be falling? Thanks, Ryan
Sponsored Links

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 7:16pm
My price is $1.39 and I own my own tank.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:01am
Central Mo was 1.61 a few weeks ago
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:18am
Folk,
$2.39 to $2.49 in NW PA! I need to do something about that! Guess I need to get a big tank of my own and shop for best price?
I see new tank and regulators for about $1700. + installation costs. That could be a 2 year payback if the cost of propane was a dollar cheaper. And since I am heating with just propane and don't plan to move soon it would be a pretty good move. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:34am
We have a contract through the farm and use a good bit of propane so we get a good price. We own the tanks and get propane at $1.19 this year. I think the residential cost is $1.39 or $1.49. Not sure what the price is if you rent tanks
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:47pm
Guys I spent 14years in the propane business many years ago. I never seen an advantage to renting a tank.
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:56pm
I work in the propane business and think buying  a used tank is a better way to go. Usually get a better contract price and can shop around for the best price.  Customer owned tanks are being filled at $1.19 right now. Contracts are between $1.45 and $1.96 depending if you own or lease, gallons used, if your keep filled, and in a buying group
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 1:45pm
Neighbor is getting his tank filled for $1.29 this year.  They came thru the area a couple years ago and put in nat gas so I'm all set on fuel, and darn glad too!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm
There was talk a couple weeks ago of a shortage in Colorado, so the governor signed an hours of service waver for propane truck drivers.  Didn't really hear why the shortage but last I heard, there was plenty available.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 3:15pm
Filled mine the first part of the month (Dec), and it was $1.40.  Used to be around $0.87 for years.  And then that national shortage (price gouging) came about and the price went up but never came all the way back down.  THEY call it supply and demand, I call it supply and scam.  The CEO's are making astronomical salaries...  WHAT the ell do they actually do?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 4:19pm
1.15 locally in NE
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 9:21pm
Dang it Ted you sure do have Clapto rub it in don't you. Cry It cost me about double that back in Aug or Sept Angry. I did not shop as much as normal. Needed a new pop off and this outfit has been the most helpful when I have needed pig tails before. The other all say they have to come install and charge for a service call. They did talk me into all new tank fittings since the bad pop off had drained it. I have owned the tank 40 years and it was used when I  bought it, so I guess it was time.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:21pm
Around $ 2.45 here yesterday's fill. ( their tank, their problem)
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 1:20pm
filled in july 18 at $1.19 northwest iowa
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 7:07pm
169.00 a gallon. They give a 6 percent discount if you pay before a week. They came up with some new policy if you call after you are below 30 percent, they do not give the discount. I asked how long can I wait to pay before I am penalized ? 30 days was their response. I told them I will drop off a check in 29 days. Guess I am getting a new lp provider
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

169.00 a gallon.

WOW!! I would be finding a different provider for sure!!

The supplier for the house we rent that has LP doesn't want us to call until the tank is around 15%. Waste of time they say if it can't be a "full fill".
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
Only thing my 500 gallon tank is provide fuel for the cook stove. The wife refuses to give up the gas fired stove. We usually run out as I don;t keep tabs on it cause it will last 10 years on a fill. One more fill for me and that'll probably be it.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm
I had mine filled last spring, to use up what I had contracted from 2017. The furnace has only run about 3 days so far this year. Corn burner has had to be shut down several times for a few hours to let it cool off in here too.
 A 1000 gal tank came with the place when I bought it. The local shyster wanted 1,000 gallon tanks at the time, and offered to trade me for a 500 and some cash. I said OK. 20 years later he sells out to Gold Star FS and I went looking for a different provider. Come to find out, FS claims they own the tank and there's nothing I can do about it.
 Oh well, I use about 300 gallons a year for hot water, cooking and back up heat so I guess I'll just live with it.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 04 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:01am
It sure seems like you are getting jerked around Pat.  I just got 200 gal tht will last me to summer fill for a buck fifty something.  The supplier I use does not have all those silly rules.

If I do not want a complete fill, he just schedules me to get what I want when it is convenient for him, ie the truck is in my vicinity.

I think I would be looking for a tank if I did not own that one and then blow a big kiss in your current supplier's ear when the tank runs dry.  Confused
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 9:26am
If i was younger and had more land. I'd go geothermal. Seems to me to be the best way to  get cheap heat and A/C. Ilooked into it 25 years ago but too $$ for a payback before I go into the groundCry
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:19am
Our contract was $1.12/gal for this heating season.  I own a pair of 1000 gal tanks, one was originally reserved for the grain dryers, which we don't use anymore, so I use 'em both for house capacity.  Furnaces in house, garage, water heater, and three generators...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:12pm
Filled just before Christmas 2.55/9. 
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm
Put 300 gal in 500 gal tank just after T-giving, invoice came today comes to $1.22 / gal. appears to be a couple new charges for handling, hauling and "safety". I figure they're just a way to justify the price. This is 40 miles E and 12-15 miles N of Omaha, Ne.
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:13pm
Think I'll try that. Hey Shameless! Let me come werk on yer well so I can add 50 bucks on to the end of the invoice fer safety!
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic