Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=156789
Printed Date: 12 May 2024 at 9:00am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Propane prices
Posted By: Ryan Renko
Subject: Propane prices
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:53pm
Just kinda curious what everyone is paying for propane lately since energy prices seem to be falling? Thanks, Ryan

Replies:
Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 7:16pm
My price is $1.39 and I own my own tank.

-------------
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:01am
Central Mo was 1.61 a few weeks ago

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:18am
Folk,
$2.39 to $2.49 in NW PA! I need to do something about that! Guess I need to get a big tank of my own and shop for best price?
I see new tank and regulators for about $1700. + installation costs. That could be a 2 year payback if the cost of propane was a dollar cheaper. And since I am heating with just propane and don't plan to move soon it would be a pretty good move. 
Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: thendrix
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:34am
We have a contract through the farm and use a good bit of propane so we get a good price. We own the tanks and get propane at $1.19 this year. I think the residential cost is $1.39 or $1.49. Not sure what the price is if you rent tanks

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:47pm
Guys I spent 14years in the propane business many years ago. I never seen an advantage to renting a tank.

Posted By: Boss Man
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:56pm
I work in the propane business and think buying  a used tank is a better way to go. Usually get a better contract price and can shop around for the best price.  Customer owned tanks are being filled at $1.19 right now. Contracts are between $1.45 and $1.96 depending if you own or lease, gallons used, if your keep filled, and in a buying group

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 1:45pm
Neighbor is getting his tank filled for $1.29 this year.  They came thru the area a couple years ago and put in nat gas so I'm all set on fuel, and darn glad too!

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm
There was talk a couple weeks ago of a shortage in Colorado, so the governor signed an hours of service waver for propane truck drivers.  Didn't really hear why the shortage but last I heard, there was plenty available.

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 3:15pm
Filled mine the first part of the month (Dec), and it was $1.40.  Used to be around $0.87 for years.  And then that national shortage (price gouging) came about and the price went up but never came all the way back down.  THEY call it supply and demand, I call it supply and scam.  The CEO's are making astronomical salaries...  WHAT the ell do they actually do?

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: tomNE
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 4:19pm
1.15 locally in NE

-------------
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 9:21pm
Dang it Ted you sure do have Clapto rub it in don't you. Cry It cost me about double that back in Aug or Sept Angry. I did not shop as much as normal. Needed a new pop off and this outfit has been the most helpful when I have needed pig tails before. The other all say they have to come install and charge for a service call. They did talk me into all new tank fittings since the bad pop off had drained it. I have owned the tank 40 years and it was used when I  bought it, so I guess it was time.

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:21pm
Around $ 2.45 here yesterday's fill. ( their tank, their problem)

Posted By: trace
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 1:20pm
filled in july 18 at $1.19 northwest iowa

-------------
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 7:07pm
169.00 a gallon. They give a 6 percent discount if you pay before a week. They came up with some new policy if you call after you are below 30 percent, they do not give the discount. I asked how long can I wait to pay before I am penalized ? 30 days was their response. I told them I will drop off a check in 29 days. Guess I am getting a new lp provider

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: iowallis
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

169.00 a gallon.

WOW!! I would be finding a different provider for sure!!

The supplier for the house we rent that has LP doesn't want us to call until the tank is around 15%. Waste of time they say if it can't be a "full fill".

Posted By: Les Royer
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
Only thing my 500 gallon tank is provide fuel for the cook stove. The wife refuses to give up the gas fired stove. We usually run out as I don;t keep tabs on it cause it will last 10 years on a fill. One more fill for me and that'll probably be it.

-------------
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm
I had mine filled last spring, to use up what I had contracted from 2017. The furnace has only run about 3 days so far this year. Corn burner has had to be shut down several times for a few hours to let it cool off in here too.
 A 1000 gal tank came with the place when I bought it. The local shyster wanted 1,000 gallon tanks at the time, and offered to trade me for a 500 and some cash. I said OK. 20 years later he sells out to Gold Star FS and I went looking for a different provider. Come to find out, FS claims they own the tank and there's nothing I can do about it.
 Oh well, I use about 300 gallons a year for hot water, cooking and back up heat so I guess I'll just live with it.

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:01am
It sure seems like you are getting jerked around Pat.  I just got 200 gal tht will last me to summer fill for a buck fifty something.  The supplier I use does not have all those silly rules.

If I do not want a complete fill, he just schedules me to get what I want when it is convenient for him, ie the truck is in my vicinity.

I think I would be looking for a tank if I did not own that one and then blow a big kiss in your current supplier's ear when the tank runs dry.  Confused

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 9:26am
If i was younger and had more land. I'd go geothermal. Seems to me to be the best way to  get cheap heat and A/C. Ilooked into it 25 years ago but too $$ for a payback before I go into the groundCry

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: DaveKamp
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:19am
Our contract was $1.12/gal for this heating season.  I own a pair of 1000 gal tanks, one was originally reserved for the grain dryers, which we don't use anymore, so I use 'em both for house capacity.  Furnaces in house, garage, water heater, and three generators...

-------------
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.

Posted By: TMiller/NC
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:12pm
Filled just before Christmas 2.55/9. 

Posted By: KJCHRIS
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm
Put 300 gal in 500 gal tank just after T-giving, invoice came today comes to $1.22 / gal. appears to be a couple new charges for handling, hauling and "safety". I figure they're just a way to justify the price. This is 40 miles E and 12-15 miles N of Omaha, Ne.

-------------
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,

Posted By: Les Royer
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:13pm
Think I'll try that. Hey Shameless! Let me come werk on yer well so I can add 50 bucks on to the end of the invoice fer safety!

-------------
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net