This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

O/T, But Where Did WFE Go?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:33pm
There are a lot of MF, Challenger, and Fendt in the county next to mine. I work in that area daily and have been surprised over the last 10 years of how those brands have increased in market share. Deere still has a large presence there but I see it shrinking. Matter of fact, the local Agco dealer is building a large new dealership near the I-81 exchange in Harrisonburg. Scheduled to be completed by this fall.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:37pm
IMO AGCO has the market share it does despite itself. How much more could they have had if they hadn't killed off the brand that outsold all their other brands in the USA? Wasn't the ratio something like 4 to 1 AGCO  Allis US sales over Massey and Challenger US sales combined? That kinda tells the US farmer that they didn't matter and then AGCO comes out with data pointing out that, yep, the US farmer really doesn't matter. How dumb was that! And then they out right lie that they would keep building AGCO Allis tractors right before my relative had just purchased a DT series tractor from them. And the lie that AGCO never stood for Allis Gleaner Company. I appreciate the things AGCO has done and I really appreciate my dealers but it could all have been much much better. My opinion probably will not change.

Edited by Lonn - 28 Jan 2020 at 7:39pm
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

IMO AGCO has the market share it does despite itself. How much more could they have had if they hadn't killed off the brand that outsold all their other brands in the USA? Wasn't the ratio something like 4 to 1 AGCO  Allis US sales over Massey and Challenger US sales combined? That kinda tells the US farmer that they didn't matter and then AGCO comes out with data pointing out that, yep, the US farmer really doesn't matter. How dumb was that! And then they out right lie that they would keep building AGCO Allis tractors right before my relative had just purchased a DT series tractor from them. And the lie that AGCO never stood for Allis Gleaner Company. I appreciate the things AGCO has done and I really appreciate my dealers but it could all have been much much better. My opinion probably will not change.

Couldn't have said it better. 
As a side note, it is my understanding, that the Challenger tractors, will be transitioned to actual Fendt's painted yellow. It will be interesting to see how agco pulls that one off, because we all know how prohibitively expensive it is to have two paint lines.
cottonpatch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottonpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by AC720Man AC720Man wrote:

There are a lot of MF, Challenger, and Fendt in the county next to mine. I work in that area daily and have been surprised over the last 10 years of how those brands have increased in market share. Deere still has a large presence there but I see it shrinking. Matter of fact, the local Agco dealer is building a large new dealership near the I-81 exchange in Harrisonburg. Scheduled to be completed by this fall.

Deere’s market share in the valley is shrinking (20% which means they get 1 out of 5 new tractor sales). Coupled with poor management at James River Equipment location and Binkley & Hurst (Agco) being a damn good dealer.   

Edited by cottonpatch - 28 Jan 2020 at 7:46pm
'52 CA, '61 D10 II, ‘61 D15, '66 D15II, '63 D17D III, ‘69 170, '73 185 Crop Hustler, '79 185, '79 7000, '77 7040
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:50pm
They are a good dealer, our new Tedder was purchased there and they gave dad a great deal.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
m16ty View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m16ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 7:28pm
Like has been said, brand is nothing more than a paint color and stickers. Say they had kept Allis and dropped Massey, I'd submit that it would be the same Massey as sold today, just different paint and stickers.

Now there is something to color loyalty, irrational as it is, when you think about it. Fiat never would have done as well with Ford, if they had styled their new tractors as Fiats. What they did was kept the Ford name a few years, then slowly changed the name to New Holland, and still to this day have the Ford colors. Most Ford people are now New Holland (Fiat) people, and they never knew they changed.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 3:23pm
But at least the FORD BLUE is still offered as a tractor color !!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Both CaseIH, and New Holland embrace their heritage. Where as agco denies/distance themselves from their heritage, and seem down right embarrassed by it.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:19pm
Get a Rope!
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by bigal121892 bigal121892 wrote:

Both CaseIH, and New Holland embrace their heritage. Where as agco denies/distance themselves from their heritage, and seem down right embarrassed by it.

Case did everything right when they bought IH, Deutz did everything wrong when they bought Allis and Agco followed their lead.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Case did everything right when they bought IH, Deutz did everything wrong when they bought Allis and Agco followed their lead.

I would agree.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 9:08am

Case did everything right when they bought IH, Deutz did everything wrong when they bought Allis and Agco followed their lead. [/QUOTE]

I think the guys on the 'Red' board might disagree with this.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 02 Feb 2020 at 9:08am
m16ty View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m16ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Deutz is what killed anything that was left of AC. They didn't want anything but the North American dealer network. When they finally figured out that nobody wanted their green tractors, no matter how many dealers they had, and even if they put "Allis" over "Fahr", they were ready to unload. Also, another thing that screwed everything up is that the buyers didn't get the rights to the AC name or logos. 

By the time Deutz was ready to unload, there wasn't anything left of the AC design to build upon. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by IBWD MIke IBWD MIke wrote:

I think the guys on the 'Red' board might disagree with this.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, saying they did everything right, might be a stretch. But, there are a lot more orange farms, that are now a completely different color, then there are red farms, that have switched colors. So they must have done something right.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:02pm
I think Deere is going to eventually regret forcing out their smaller dealers. Competition keeps prices down. In my area of Iowa, Van Wall is the dominant dealer and they're not afraid to charge for anything. 
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:58am

I disagree, at first AGCO was on the right track naming the company Allis Gleaner Company and bringing back orange. Later on it went south.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Branger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 3:19pm
Lots of interesting comments here.  My take is this..........It was actually Allis-Chalmers that began the ruin of Allis-Chalmers.  Deutz pretty well finished it off by dropping the color and destroying the tractor design tooling.  AGCO tried at first by bringing back the color and using similar styling.  They couldn't afford to buy the name but they wanted to.  AGCO's logo was as close as they could get to the A-C logo without getting sued.

Along the way I think AGCO has made some stupid moves.  Tbran had that same opinion when they dropped the orange tractor, but his living comes from selling AGCO equipment, and he has to support their way of doing things.  He can't express his true opinion, at least not on a public forum.  The fact of the matter is that the A-C name was not available for purchase, at least at an economically feasible level, so there was no way to move back towards that image.  

Many of the anti-orange things AGCO has done only makes sense if it became questionable from a legal standpoint for them to continue to show credence to A-C.  I truly believe they were forced to move away from orange and Allis from a legal standpoint.

All that being said, I was a 100% A-C farm through the 1990's.  Now the only orange thing I have is a D-14 parked in the barn for nostalgia reasons.  I moved on to other colors not because AGCO got away from A-C but because AGCO has zero dealer presence in my area.  You can't sell equipment to progressive farm operations if you don't have a dealer presence, period.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:13pm
So Brangor, seeing as you only have limited posts and no location in your "header", are you a dealer for Agco? Can't wrap my head around the fact that the Allis "orange" paint is /was a factor of Germany dumping the color due to "legalities" :-( JMO New Holland still has BLUE LOL!! Thanks for your input though, just still chaps my a$s the orange got dumped.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:46pm
I fully understand not running Agco equipment where there is no service.
What I cannot understand is why an Allis - Chalmers enthusiast , on a AC site, would spew hate towards AGCO and  the old AC guys  that still work there.   Allis Chalmers killed Allis Chalmers Farm Equipment - period, case closed, 35 years ago. Agco picked up the mangled mess and at least provides a source for parts and service knowledge for AC Oliver White MM and a few other tractors and a bunch of other companies.   I spoke at a well known ag company who had lots of sharp young farm kids... all born after AC went out of business.  Things change, there were once AC and Ford dealers in every town in West Tennessee - now there are like 3 MF/Agco dealers and 2 New Holland dealers.. someone said at least the NH are same color as Ford - give me a break - they are FIATS... does the color of the skin make a man or the tractor?  I was totally upset when AGCO made the mistake of going to a 2 brand strategy but you get over it - same tractor under a different shade of paint - same people service, warranty and sell the same product.  If your wife or girl friend or boy friend changes styles of clothes and cologne or perfume do you ditch her/him and go find another so as to have two mother in laws ,,,, no wait I digress :-) :-)    BTW at the place I mentioned - only 1 person ever heard of AC , Ford or any other tractor I mentioned - Deere, MF CASE  were the only ones recognized - we live on a Continent where less than 1% of the population can buy a NEW over 100 HP Farm Tractor... but we do have a lot of enthusiast of the old stuff . Very few farm kids are out there - less than 2 % of us are farmers - who are going to work in Ag machinery  or support  businesses - the new hires come from non farm kids - and most could care less about tractor heritage -  it is a different day than it was on a sad Dec Day in 1985  .
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:08pm
Dang tbran. I have been to your dealership. Went to school at UTM in the 80's. Worked for several local farmers.
Learning AC...slowly
Branger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by tbran tbran wrote:

What I cannot understand is why an Allis - Chalmers enthusiast , on a AC site, would spew hate towards AGCO and  the old AC guys  that still work there.   Allis Chalmers killed Allis Chalmers Farm Equipment - period, case closed, 35 years ago. Agco picked up the mangled mess and at least provides a source for parts and service knowledge for AC Oliver White MM and a few other tractors and a bunch of other companies.   I spoke at a well known ag company who had lots of sharp young farm kids... all born after AC went out of business.  Things change, there were once AC and Ford dealers in every town in West Tennessee - now there are like 3 MF/Agco dealers and 2 New Holland dealers.. someone said at least the NH are same color as Ford - give me a break - they are FIATS... does the color of the skin make a man or the tractor?  I was totally upset when AGCO made the mistake of going to a 2 brand strategy but you get over it - same tractor under a different shade of paint - same people service, warranty and sell the same product.  If your wife or girl friend or boy friend changes styles of clothes and cologne or perfume do you ditch her/him and go find another so as to have two mother in laws ,,,, no wait I digress :-) :-)    BTW at the place I mentioned - only 1 person ever heard of AC , Ford or any other tractor I mentioned - Deere, MF CASE  were the only ones recognized - we live on a Continent where less than 1% of the population can buy a NEW over 100 HP Farm Tractor... but we do have a lot of enthusiast of the old stuff . Very few farm kids are out there - less than 2 % of us are farmers - who are going to work in Ag machinery  or support  businesses - the new hires come from non farm kids - and most could care less about tractor heritage -  it is a different day than it was on a sad Dec Day in 1985  .
Branger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:34pm

What I cannot understand is why an Allis - Chalmers enthusiast , on a AC site, would spew hate towards AGCO and  the old AC guys  that still work there.   Allis Chalmers killed Allis Chalmers Farm Equipment - period, case closed, 35 years ago. Agco picked up the mangled mess and at least provides a source for parts and service knowledge for AC Oliver White MM and a few other tractors and a bunch of other companies.   I spoke at a well known ag company who had lots of sharp young farm kids... all born after AC went out of business.  Things change, there were once AC and Ford dealers in every town in West Tennessee - now there are like 3 MF/Agco dealers and 2 New Holland dealers.. someone said at least the NH are same color as Ford - give me a break - they are FIATS... does the color of the skin make a man or the tractor?  I was totally upset when AGCO made the mistake of going to a 2 brand strategy but you get over it - same tractor under a different shade of paint - same people service, warranty and sell the same product.  If your wife or girl friend or boy friend changes styles of clothes and cologne or perfume do you ditch her/him and go find another so as to have two mother in laws ,,,, no wait I digress :-) :-)    BTW at the place I mentioned - only 1 person ever heard of AC , Ford or any other tractor I mentioned - Deere, MF CASE  were the only ones recognized - we live on a Continent where less than 1% of the population can buy a NEW over 100 HP Farm Tractor... but we do have a lot of enthusiast of the old stuff . Very few farm kids are out there - less than 2 % of us are farmers - who are going to work in Ag machinery  or support  businesses - the new hires come from non farm kids - and most could care less about tractor heritage -  it is a different day than it was on a sad Dec Day in 1985  .

Excellent points about AGCO’s continued support of the old equipment. The last orange tractor I had was an 8070 that I sold in 2012, and at that time it seemed like most parts were still available. I’m hearing of CNH parts being NLA on tractors from the 90’s and 2000’s, namely 24 speed transmission parts on the Steiger 4wds.
Branger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:36pm

So Brangor, seeing as you only have limited posts and no location in your "header", are you a dealer for Agco? Can't wrap my head around the fact that the Allis "orange" paint is /was a factor of Germany dumping the color due to "legalities" :-( JMO New Holland still has BLUE LOL!! Thanks for your input though, just still chaps my a$s the orange got dumped.

Not a dealer, just a dumb farmer from Illinois who likes A-C equipment but hasn’t owned any for several years. I’ve moved on to blue, red and green because of dealer support.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Branger Branger wrote:

Not a dealer, just a dumb farmer from Illinois who likes A-C equipment but hasn’t owned any for several years. I’ve moved on to blue, red and green because of dealer support.

Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity,does 1 color prevail over another one ?
Branger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:21pm
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity,does 1 color prevail over another one ?[/QUOTE]

Deere probably leads our area with Case IH a close 2nd. NH is 3rd. I prefer NH because they are cheaper and perform the same. Red and Green combines are about equal in number in our area. One or 2 New Hollands, one or 2 Gleaners and no Massey to speak of.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:16pm

What I cannot understand is why an Allis - Chalmers enthusiast , on a AC site, would spew hate towards AGCO and  the old AC guys  that still work there.   Allis Chalmers killed Allis Chalmers Farm Equipment - period, case closed, 35 years ago. Agco picked up the mangled mess and at least provides a source for parts and service knowledge for AC Oliver White MM and a few other tractors and a bunch of other companies.   I spoke at a well known ag company who had lots of sharp young farm kids... all born after AC went out of business.  Things change, there were once AC and Ford dealers in every town in West Tennessee - now there are like 3 MF/Agco dealers and 2 New Holland dealers.. someone said at least the NH are same color as Ford - give me a break - they are FIATS... does the color of the skin make a man or the tractor?  I was totally upset when AGCO made the mistake of going to a 2 brand strategy but you get over it - same tractor under a different shade of paint - same people service, warranty and sell the same product.  If your wife or girl friend or boy friend changes styles of clothes and cologne or perfume do you ditch her/him and go find another so as to have two mother in laws ,,,, no wait I digress :-) :-)    BTW at the place I mentioned - only 1 person ever heard of AC , Ford or any other tractor I mentioned - Deere, MF CASE  were the only ones recognized - we live on a Continent where less than 1% of the population can buy a NEW over 100 HP Farm Tractor... but we do have a lot of enthusiast of the old stuff . Very few farm kids are out there - less than 2 % of us are farmers - who are going to work in Ag machinery  or support  businesses - the new hires come from non farm kids - and most could care less about tractor heritage -  it is a different day than it was on a sad Dec Day in 1985  .

I don't think anybody was spewing hatred towards old A-C guys that still work there. I think it just pisses off the old die hards (myself included) how AGCO suddenly forgot their heritage and are now embarrassed by it, and are changing the facts about where the company name is derived from, among other things.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:19pm
Also, it is true that 90% of the younger generation has never heard of / don't care about A-C in name, color or anything else. In 30 years give or take, this entire argument will be moot because most (not all) of us will either be dead, or soiling ourselves in a nursing home, or won't remember our own names.

Having said that, this is an Allis-Chalmers enthusiast forum and yes, we are going to complain about the direction AGCO is going, because we all have some sort of strong connection to A-C. Whether it's growing up driving one, owning a dealership, riding on the toolbox or whatever, we don't like seeing the last remnants of the company heritage being flushed down the crapper never to be seen again. Allis Gleaner Company, Orange paint, the triangle logo resembling the old AC, and Gleaner combines are all we had to cling to. Now the Gleaner name is threatened, barely mentioned on the AGCO website. These young people think AGCO means "your agriculture company"  but we know better.

Ok I'm jumping off the soapbox now, sorry for the long rant.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 12:00am
At the National Dealer Meeting / Training in Orlando - Agco recognized Wilbur Laker, an old line AC dealer.  Phil Jones in front of the Massey/Challenger  dealers stated and I paraphrase " We recognize dealers like Laker Equipment  who provided the foundation upon which Agco stands"   and all the dealers gave him a standing ovation.... AC / Hesston  and other brands are regularly credited for the contributions at dealer events. Agco has market share gains in almost every product category. The Gleaner name is not threatened unless one wants to call the AGCO president and vp of sales liars as they stated the agco commitment  to the Gleaner line to the dealers. NH doesn't promote Ford....  again there is none more pro AC heritage than I  - I own over 20 units we use on the farm- two gleaners, antique AC show tractors and lawn mowers  - but they don't pay the bills when I put the key in the door each day battling  the competitors for the farm equipment dollars being spent. I advertise what I have to sell... with old orange tractors in the background :-)  

Edited by tbran - 05 Feb 2020 at 12:03am
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
lowell66dart View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowell66dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:27am
When I purchased my grandfathers property I wanted a tractor. My dad died when I was twelve but I remember his first was an AC so I bought a little B and found this site. I was into Harleys and drag raced Mopars but this tractor stuff is what I am having fun with now. The cars and bikes are all gone. 

Anyway, I just bought a White tractor and was very happy when I could look up part numbers on AGCO parts book for a two year production tractor. Awesome support. 
AC 6080 (8030,7060,200,175,D-17HC, 6040,160,6140 all gone) Farmall 1066 & 656 Hi-Clear (for sale), White 2-62 High Clearance, JD 4255 Hi Clear.
Rhoadesy_65 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoadesy_65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:50am
You can give AGCO all the hard time you want, but I think they do a good job of supplying parts to older tractors given they span the heritage of Allis, Oliver, MM, Massey, and White among others. I walked into the dealer in the spring and was able to get the hose that goes from air cleaner to carb on the D-19. I've heard AGCO gives dealers credit for new parts if they send any NOS parts they have left on the shelf in to AGCOs warehouses to be widely available. I have no problem with Green equipment but the local dealer doesnt have much interest in us smaller guys, rather deal with the guys that trade equipment every year. Not much to say for CNH tractors, but NH hay equipment has worked well for us. They want nearly 5k for new rolls to put in the 479 I paid $900 for though. 
Farmin' with 1981 7010 PD, Great Grandpas 1947 Farmall H, JD 7000 planter, JD model B drill, NH 316 Baler, NH 1411 Discbine ,JD 100 8 Shank Chisel. Darke County OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic