This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Face Mask ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Face Mask ??
    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:39pm
How soon before EVERY retail store requires "masks"of some type? I have NO issue with wearing one, but several co workers refuse to wear one because the sign on the front door (unless a guard is posted like at Menards) says a mask is "somewhat" required by order of the "state" in question (INDIANA).
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:22pm
in answer to your question of when...who knows... It will be hard to 'make' the 'i will not be told what to do' crowd follow the guidelines. for my part I will wear one to be safe and does not bother me that others don't... just better not be b-itcing when they get sick. that is my side of it. or one of my sides

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:38pm
I only wear one when I go into a store that is crowded. My little town has only one in that class. I did go to a grocery yesterday and saw from the cars in the lot it was full. Wore the mask. Other than the employees who are required to wear a mask, I was the only other one. No distancing, just doing their shopping as though nothing concerns them. This was even true of the senior citizens. Had an eye appointment today and was required to wear a mask along with the employees. Also took my temp before entering and used a germicidal wash on my hands. No problem on my part.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 7:24pm
I also wear one depending on the situation. If it's a store I have to go to when crowded and I can't wait until a less busy time, or if it's a smaller store with people in more confined space I will wear one. If a big store with few people and I can keep some space I won't. At some point people need to just take personal responsibility, the bull-headed ones who can't be told what to do can suffer on their own accord.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 8:03pm
There is actually a battle going on in Pa. Under the governor's emergency order, we are still required, But both the state house and senate took him to court, said the time has come to drop the emergency order. the issue, I believe is, I believe, good ol' gov Wolfe is able to milk the US government as long as we are under an emergency order. We have some esoteric red, yellow, green system for what it is worth, controlled by the governor, he put us to green, bust still enforces the emergency order. this means some business can open, but under limited capacity, and, of course, the obligatory distancing and masks

I don't wear one unless someone makes me! work, etc

Edited by LouSWPA - 19 Jun 2020 at 8:05pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:29pm
i wear one when i go to any store in our town. my immune system is shot, i wear one for my own somewhat protection...i think it's better than nothing. i know alot of folks that refuse to wear one, and that's their right, but don't go crying to anyone if you get sick! i've been home for the past over 3 months, been only to town for refill on meds. (6 times)  
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:29am
I wear one when required, I have 2 separate mask certifications required for work in hazardous areas, get my temperature taken several times a day.  These things people are wearing are surgical masks, they are designed to keep the surgeon from spitting inside the patient when talking and giving orders during surgery, not designed for anything else.  If it makes people more comfortable wearing one then by all means do it, it's kind of like medicines, a lot of it is confidence in it working.
Maximum use of available resources!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:38am
The masks themselves do NOT protect the wearer, are only for protecting those around the wearer if that person is sick. If makes feel better be my guest as to wearing one but are not Self Protecting.

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:05pm
JW an DMiller said it how I think it all works. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO DIE from cornia you most likely will.
So hope this counts as gold star for JW and DM.StarStar

Boy wonder that be govnator(Wink sorry Free but like the last actor that played governor here that had a accent LOL would say it) here decreed all need to mask up. But he also made a BILLION,yes BILLION dollar deal with China for masks and other safety supplies.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 3:37pm
I cant breathe thru that crap over my face, so I refuse to wear them----been kicked out of the doctors office for it!

http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 4:42pm
I been using a bandana, its all the law requires, so damned if I'm spending any $ on face masks...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm
Know people claustrophobic and is NOT funny as they feel anything across nose and mouth get panicked. So how does a person like that get health care or shop as they must if masks that are doubted in actual function are still required?
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:50pm
gods thinning the hurd
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:18pm
I wear one whenever I'm in a place I cannot practice safe distancing.  I got two masks from the Senior Center for free.  We still have a box of the light duty surgical masks the wife got when she was working with an elder patient and needed them.  I guess I am just concerned about my fellow people and don't want to spread anything or get anything.  That is basically what it boils down to, concern about others.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 7:30am
My wife made me a couple of these masks from scraps that were left from when she made me an AC quilt. I wear them when I go into an indoor public place or where I can't practice social distancing.

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 11:26am
You do know that dye in that cloth is a hazard to your health dont you???? ----thats another reason to refuse to have them on!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

You do know that dye in that cloth is a hazard to your health dont you???? ----thats another reason to refuse to have them on!
Please tell us that your  joking Confused ?? Are you/were you a smoker ?? Do you adhere to the "NO SHIRT/NO SHOES/NO SERVICE" policies of your local retailers ?? IMO, the mask wearing will be mandatory after seeing all of the "spikes" in cases since the "opening" of states Ouch
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:33pm
Masks are NOT helping, People wear them Wrong or Poorly, they get a false sense of security 'Knowing' they are protected when not. Takes a Hospital Grade Mask and Face Shield with disposable gowns as well glove changes OFTEN to even come close. And even then nurses get sick, staff around hospitals not in close contact get sick. This is a Virus, it is NOT going to "Go Away" there are NO Magic Immunizations shots coming in weeks to months as the Virus morphs and mutates opposite as the Demonrats have put out, they only want the economy tanked until November so they can say they saved the US when only the Virus running the course it must.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:53pm
I'm sorry, I NEVER read where wearing a mask would PROTECT YOU like "the boy in the bubble" ????? Hand washing and SD, YES!!! IMO, your putting words in peoples posts GeekConfusedCry
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:54pm
NOPE, You did.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

NOPE, You did.
PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I MADE THAT STATEMENT Wink
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:00pm
NEVER smoked or drank in my life---I was born with weak lungs and all the welding fumes and field dirt complete with deadly chemicals that farmers use didnt help any over the years, so NO I am not about to cover my face with dyed rags --- Doctor office and me had a real battle over this crap and sis came up with the idea of my clear face shield that I wear when I run the sawmill. --- Went back to doctors office, walked in stuck the thing on and walked to the waiting room. ---- They tried to throw me out again because it wasnt a rag over my face! but after a few lawyer names were tossed out to them, I got to see the doctor, which I might add had me take off the face cover all the time I was in there!
Had to have chest x-ray then the following week a chest scan--- havent heard anything  yet----Probably wont.
These azze's keep messin around,---several lawsuits are going to come down the tube! Trust me on that---people are getting fed up with this crap and are starting to wake up a little.  Time to say NO and stand your ground!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 6:28am
For a person who is healthy, a mask is not designed to stop a virus from you. A mask will keep what you exhale closer to you.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:32am
I'm not trying to start any fights or anything but when did wearing a mask become a law?
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:52am
AngryAngryAngry LOL Big smile
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 9:20am
all depends on the TYPE OF MASK...... Many in the coal mines or dusty areas / grain bin cleaning -- will wear N95 masks.. THat is NOT to protect the enviroment.. It keeps the CRAP out of YOUR LUNGS................ now a surgeons mask is different,, It keeps HIM from coughing to spitting onto the Patient while standing over him... Does NOTHING for what the surgeon is breathing in... sides are somewhat open.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by D19allisowner D19allisowner wrote:

I'm not trying to start any fights or anything but when did wearing a mask become a law?
Give it a few more months, regardless of what the POTUS says, we're in for a WORLD of hurt CryCry. IMO, the writing is on the wall pertaining to the MAJOR uptake in positive cases Ouch. As for me personally, it's a matter of RESPECT!! I wear a mask in a public establishment !

Edited by FREEDGUY - 25 Jun 2020 at 6:12pm
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by D19allisowner D19allisowner wrote:

Give it a few more months, regardless of what the POTUS says, we're in for a WORLD of hurt CryCry. IMO, the writing is on the wall pertaining to the MAJOR uptake in positive cases Ouch. As for me personally, it's a matter of RESPECT!! I wear a mask in a public establishment !

I have no respect for an idiot, every doctor who is honest will tell you a mask does not stop microscopic viruses, quit crying.

2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:24pm
Who's "crying" ?? I never gave "specs" on the masks?? Please let all of us know the outcome of this current debacle WinkWink !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:33pm
Never mind "never", I see your from the state that doesn't know how to use a round/about
WinkSmile .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic