Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=172167
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:42am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Face Mask ??
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Subject: Face Mask ??
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:39pm
How soon before EVERY retail store requires "masks"of some type? I have NO issue with wearing one, but several co workers refuse to wear one because the sign on the front door (unless a guard is posted like at Menards) says a mask is "somewhat" required by order of the "state" in question (INDIANA).

Replies:
Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:22pm
in answer to your question of when...who knows... It will be hard to 'make' the 'i will not be told what to do' crowd follow the guidelines. for my part I will wear one to be safe and does not bother me that others don't... just better not be b-itcing when they get sick. that is my side of it. or one of my sides

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:38pm
I only wear one when I go into a store that is crowded. My little town has only one in that class. I did go to a grocery yesterday and saw from the cars in the lot it was full. Wore the mask. Other than the employees who are required to wear a mask, I was the only other one. No distancing, just doing their shopping as though nothing concerns them. This was even true of the senior citizens. Had an eye appointment today and was required to wear a mask along with the employees. Also took my temp before entering and used a germicidal wash on my hands. No problem on my part.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: Bill_MN
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 7:24pm
I also wear one depending on the situation. If it's a store I have to go to when crowded and I can't wait until a less busy time, or if it's a smaller store with people in more confined space I will wear one. If a big store with few people and I can keep some space I won't. At some point people need to just take personal responsibility, the bull-headed ones who can't be told what to do can suffer on their own accord.

-------------
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 8:03pm
There is actually a battle going on in Pa. Under the governor's emergency order, we are still required, But both the state house and senate took him to court, said the time has come to drop the emergency order. the issue, I believe is, I believe, good ol' gov Wolfe is able to milk the US government as long as we are under an emergency order. We have some esoteric red, yellow, green system for what it is worth, controlled by the governor, he put us to green, bust still enforces the emergency order. this means some business can open, but under limited capacity, and, of course, the obligatory distancing and masks

I don't wear one unless someone makes me! work, etc

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:29pm
i wear one when i go to any store in our town. my immune system is shot, i wear one for my own somewhat protection...i think it's better than nothing. i know alot of folks that refuse to wear one, and that's their right, but don't go crying to anyone if you get sick! i've been home for the past over 3 months, been only to town for refill on meds. (6 times)  

Posted By: JW in MO
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:29am
I wear one when required, I have 2 separate mask certifications required for work in hazardous areas, get my temperature taken several times a day.  These things people are wearing are surgical masks, they are designed to keep the surgeon from spitting inside the patient when talking and giving orders during surgery, not designed for anything else.  If it makes people more comfortable wearing one then by all means do it, it's kind of like medicines, a lot of it is confidence in it working.

-------------
Maximum use of available resources!

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:38am
The masks themselves do NOT protect the wearer, are only for protecting those around the wearer if that person is sick. If makes feel better be my guest as to wearing one but are not Self Protecting.

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:05pm
JW an DMiller said it how I think it all works. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO DIE from cornia you most likely will.
So hope this counts as gold star for JW and DM.StarStar

Boy wonder that be govnator(Wink sorry Free but like the last actor that played governor here that had a accent LOL would say it) here decreed all need to mask up. But he also made a BILLION,yes BILLION dollar deal with China for masks and other safety supplies.

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 3:37pm
I cant breathe thru that crap over my face, so I refuse to wear them----been kicked out of the doctors office for it!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 4:42pm
I been using a bandana, its all the law requires, so damned if I'm spending any $ on face masks...Wink

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm
Know people claustrophobic and is NOT funny as they feel anything across nose and mouth get panicked. So how does a person like that get health care or shop as they must if masks that are doubted in actual function are still required?

Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:50pm
gods thinning the hurd

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:18pm
I wear one whenever I'm in a place I cannot practice safe distancing.  I got two masks from the Senior Center for free.  We still have a box of the light duty surgical masks the wife got when she was working with an elder patient and needed them.  I guess I am just concerned about my fellow people and don't want to spread anything or get anything.  That is basically what it boils down to, concern about others.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 7:30am
My wife made me a couple of these masks from scraps that were left from when she made me an AC quilt. I wear them when I go into an indoor public place or where I can't practice social distancing.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 11:26am
You do know that dye in that cloth is a hazard to your health dont you???? ----thats another reason to refuse to have them on!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

You do know that dye in that cloth is a hazard to your health dont you???? ----thats another reason to refuse to have them on!
Please tell us that your  joking Confused ?? Are you/were you a smoker ?? Do you adhere to the "NO SHIRT/NO SHOES/NO SERVICE" policies of your local retailers ?? IMO, the mask wearing will be mandatory after seeing all of the "spikes" in cases since the "opening" of states Ouch

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:33pm
Masks are NOT helping, People wear them Wrong or Poorly, they get a false sense of security 'Knowing' they are protected when not. Takes a Hospital Grade Mask and Face Shield with disposable gowns as well glove changes OFTEN to even come close. And even then nurses get sick, staff around hospitals not in close contact get sick. This is a Virus, it is NOT going to "Go Away" there are NO Magic Immunizations shots coming in weeks to months as the Virus morphs and mutates opposite as the Demonrats have put out, they only want the economy tanked until November so they can say they saved the US when only the Virus running the course it must.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:53pm
I'm sorry, I NEVER read where wearing a mask would PROTECT YOU like "the boy in the bubble" ????? Hand washing and SD, YES!!! IMO, your putting words in peoples posts GeekConfusedCry

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:54pm
NOPE, You did.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

NOPE, You did.
PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I MADE THAT STATEMENT Wink

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:00pm
NEVER smoked or drank in my life---I was born with weak lungs and all the welding fumes and field dirt complete with deadly chemicals that farmers use didnt help any over the years, so NO I am not about to cover my face with dyed rags --- Doctor office and me had a real battle over this crap and sis came up with the idea of my clear face shield that I wear when I run the sawmill. --- Went back to doctors office, walked in stuck the thing on and walked to the waiting room. ---- They tried to throw me out again because it wasnt a rag over my face! but after a few lawyer names were tossed out to them, I got to see the doctor, which I might add had me take off the face cover all the time I was in there!
Had to have chest x-ray then the following week a chest scan--- havent heard anything  yet----Probably wont.
These azze's keep messin around,---several lawsuits are going to come down the tube! Trust me on that---people are getting fed up with this crap and are starting to wake up a little.  Time to say NO and stand your ground!

-------------

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 6:28am
For a person who is healthy, a mask is not designed to stop a virus from you. A mask will keep what you exhale closer to you.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Posted By: D19allisowner
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:32am
I'm not trying to start any fights or anything but when did wearing a mask become a law?

-------------
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:52am
AngryAngryAngry LOL Big smile

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 9:20am
all depends on the TYPE OF MASK...... Many in the coal mines or dusty areas / grain bin cleaning -- will wear N95 masks.. THat is NOT to protect the enviroment.. It keeps the CRAP out of YOUR LUNGS................ now a surgeons mask is different,, It keeps HIM from coughing to spitting onto the Patient while standing over him... Does NOTHING for what the surgeon is breathing in... sides are somewhat open.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by D19allisowner D19allisowner wrote:

I'm not trying to start any fights or anything but when did wearing a mask become a law?
Give it a few more months, regardless of what the POTUS says, we're in for a WORLD of hurt CryCry. IMO, the writing is on the wall pertaining to the MAJOR uptake in positive cases Ouch. As for me personally, it's a matter of RESPECT!! I wear a mask in a public establishment !

Posted By: NEVER green
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by D19allisowner D19allisowner wrote:

Give it a few more months, regardless of what the POTUS says, we're in for a WORLD of hurt CryCry. IMO, the writing is on the wall pertaining to the MAJOR uptake in positive cases Ouch. As for me personally, it's a matter of RESPECT!! I wear a mask in a public establishment !

I have no respect for an idiot, every doctor who is honest will tell you a mask does not stop microscopic viruses, quit crying.

-------------
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:24pm
Who's "crying" ?? I never gave "specs" on the masks?? Please let all of us know the outcome of this current debacle WinkWink !!

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:33pm
Never mind "never", I see your from the state that doesn't know how to use a round/about
WinkSmile .

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:35pm

Who's "crying" ?? I never gave "specs" on the masks?? Please let all of us know the outcome of this current debacle WinkWink !!

The out come of this wont matter one bit if you whine about wearing a mask or not, its a scientific fact masks don't stop microscopic viruses.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by NEVER green NEVER green wrote:

The out come of this wont matter one bit if you whine about wearing a mask or not, its a scientific fact masks don't stop microscopic viruses.
I AM NOT WHINING ABOUT WEARING A MASSK !!!!!!!! I wear one in almost every public establishment !!! What are you reading into my topic/posts that aren't sinking into your skull ???

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by NEVER green NEVER green wrote:

I AM NOT WHINING ABOUT WEARING A MASSK !!!!!!!! I wear one in almost every public establishment !!! What are you reading into my topic/posts that aren't sinking into your skull ???

Current debacle    your words , not mine.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:17pm
??? Is the current state of the "nation" a debacle or not ?? Any of you must admit that the nation is in a SAD state of affairs due to one calamity or another Confused

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:24pm

??? Is the current state of the "nation" a debacle or not ?? Any of you must admit that the nation is in a SAD state of affairs due to one calamity or another Confused

Try a mask.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 9:05pm
my old lady....oooops....i mean my loving wife made me some AC masks like WF's, they are comfy, and i can breath good thru them. it's better than nothing into my lungs or out of them. i adhere to any stores rules about wearing one, why make waves? i wanna get in and get out as soon as i can. can take them off when you get outside or after getting back in your vehicle! 

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 9:25pm
Shameless, this is exactly my point Wink!!! I just can't get my co-worker on board with wearing one Cry. Like I said, I've got a feeling that wearing a mask is going to be like driving a vehicle and wearing the seat belt Approve

Posted By: AllisFreak MN
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 9:47pm

Never mind "never", I see your from the state that doesn't know how to use a round/about
WinkSmile .
The state that doesn't know how to use a roundabout? So you witness ONE individual from MN struggling with a roundabout and now the entire state of MN doesn't know how to use one......You truly are an ass.

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 6:20am
Yes Freedguy You are whining
You are whining of those that understand they are essentially worthless that will not wear one

Suck it up buttercup, most are not worth that paper made of.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:50pm
Well, If I understand correctly, Elkhart County (IN.) is going to a MANDATORY face mask/covering of some type as of 12 AM (EST) to go into ANY public establishment unless you've got a medical note saying your respiratory system is too weak to allow for wearing one Confused (sounds like then you're on the at-risk spectrum anyhow Unhappy).Apparently even a "bandana" covering will suffice ?? How's a handkerchief as protective as 3 layered, single use, blue ear loop mask?? I'm not sure where you guys are saying that I "said" a mask will protect  a person FROM the Carona, the masks are to prevent the wearer from SPITTING/SLOBBERRING all over merchandise/products in a public store !!!

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:50pm
I see Dr. Faici wearing one all of the time now.  With his credentials I would rethink the "Mask don't help" philosophy! 

The mask is not to protect you, you wear it to protect those around you from whatever you may be carrying.  You don't wear a mask .  .  .  you don't care about your fellow persons.  Make whatever feeble excuse you want, if you don't wear a mask, you only think and care about yourself.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:59pm
Fauci told us 3 months ago ... "If you feel health, then you dont need to wear a mask"... MY, HOW THINGS CHANGE !  Wink

-------------

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I see Dr. Faici wearing one all of the time now.  With his credentials I would rethink the "Mask don't help" philosophy! 

The mask is not to protect you, you wear it to protect those around you from whatever you may be carrying.  You don't wear a mask .  .  .  you don't care about your fellow persons.  Make whatever feeble excuse you want, if you don't wear a mask, you only think and care about yourself.

John, I will NOT accept your BS! You cannot tell me if I don't wear a mask I don't care about anybody else! Just because I don't cowtoe to your erroneous beliefs I don't care? The fact of the matter is the mask is just ever so slightly north of useless for the intended purpose. Especially, but not exclusively, the ones such as the bandanas that are open on the bottom, and the ones that people wear over their mouth, but not their nose!!!!
Your very own Dr Faici stated we didn't need masks early on! most of the masks, including the surgical ones are too porous to contain the virus molecule! It will go right through with your breath! Not to mention all around the sides because your masks do not seal!
You are only fooling yourself! It's like putting up a two wire barbed wire fence to keep the chickens in!!!!

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:38am
the local tough guys around here say they won't wear one, guess that's their perogitive. (spelling), anyways...looks to me like the covid chit is coming back with a vengence! be alot of auctions coming up!

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:32am
Tidbits to chew on. California, NYC, Chitcago Mandated mask use ANYTIME one is outside, are now seeing the Fastest rate of infection increases. ST Louis City mandated masks a month ago, the county just mandated mask use AGAIN, are STILL not open for general restaurant or venue access where masks are more present in public and the numbers are Still rising rapidly. St Charles County, just across the river, NO mandatory mask calls, lower rate of infections in general. Dallas and Houston TX, masks mandatory again with no open contact conveniences, rates are horrible, just outside those cities LOW infection rates.

So prove to us all AGAIN how masks are doing So Well.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:52am
Yep blame it all on bars,and restaurants.Never a word about the protests and riots. Also the ones ending up sick are 18 to 49 year old's this time. GEE WHO WAS OUT PROTESTING.

The word on the street is you get sick Wink south of the boarder come to Caly and get hospital care for nothin. But all the politicians would never do anything shady,would they???LOL

The whole dang thing is shady to me,but hay I don't never know nothin.

And before anybody gets their undies in a knot,YES THE VIRUS IS A REAL THING. And it does kill a few. But that is life,death comes to all of us someday. And the vaccine for any of this flu stuff is is LESS THAN 66% effective.  So the whole world needs to get this crud and go on with life or death.

I live in a county with about 285,000 people. About 400+ hospital beds. With panic money built a over flow hospital in the University gym. Less than 20 people in the hospital for Covid at any one time. But with the new cases extended the contract on over flow hospital till Dec. Only cost $4+++ million.  You keep wasting money in this fashion there will be no heath care left for anything or anybody.

I have had 4 family members that needed long term care in their last 3 to 5 years. They got visited way more than the average person there,only a hand full of days somebody did not go in. Which meant they got much better care than average, which was still nothing to look forward to. But this virus looks like suffering is much less than taking years to go out is.

I am not advocating you look to go catch this bug,but if everybody hides all the time we will starve to death.I have great peace by the fact chances are VERY LOW I will have to watch my children or grandchildren die from this crap. From reading history that was not the case in 1918 flu.

Sure would be nice if only true things where published about this virus. Since 99% of the main stream media  is off the scale to the left, you have to know they SPIN EVERYTHING to convince us to do what they want. So use the brain you where give. Weight everything with all the common sense you can muster. DO NOT USE EMOTION ON LIFE AND DEATH, STOP AND USE THE BRAIN POWER YOU HAVE.   

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:17pm
https://dilbert.com/strip/2020-07-02" rel="nofollow - https://dilbert.com/strip/2020-07-02

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:22pm
Daves Link Shows:

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Yep blame it all on bars,and restaurants.Never a word about the protests and riots. Also the ones ending up sick are 18 to 49 year old's this time. GEE WHO WAS OUT PROTESTING.

The word on the street is you get sick Wink south of the boarder come to Caly and get hospital care for nothin. But all the politicians would never do anything shady,would they???LOL

The whole dang thing is shady to me,but hay I don't never know nothin.

And before anybody gets their undies in a knot,YES THE VIRUS IS A REAL THING. And it does kill a few. But that is life,death comes to all of us someday. And the vaccine for any of this flu stuff is is LESS THAN 66% effective.  So the whole world needs to get this crud and go on with life or death.

I live in a county with about 285,000 people. About 400+ hospital beds. With panic money built a over flow hospital in the University gym. Less than 20 people in the hospital for Covid at any one time. But with the new cases extended the contract on over flow hospital till Dec. Only cost $4+++ million.  You keep wasting money in this fashion there will be no heath care left for anything or anybody.

I have had 4 family members that needed long term care in their last 3 to 5 years. They got visited way more than the average person there,only a hand full of days somebody did not go in. Which meant they got much better care than average, which was still nothing to look forward to. But this virus looks like suffering is much less than taking years to go out is.

I am not advocating you look to go catch this bug,but if everybody hides all the time we will starve to death.I have great peace by the fact chances are VERY LOW I will have to watch my children or grandchildren die from this crap. From reading history that was not the case in 1918 flu.

Sure would be nice if only true things where published about this virus. Since 99% of the main stream media  is off the scale to the left, you have to know they SPIN EVERYTHING to convince us to do what they want. So use the brain you where give. Weight everything with all the common sense you can muster. DO NOT USE EMOTION ON LIFE AND DEATH, STOP AND USE THE BRAIN POWER YOU HAVE.   

Well FINALLY Made the News where "It cannot be Connected to ANY of the current sick Cases as to being within a Protest Group"!! I nearly spewed coffee all over the screen as the Disptick reporter Read that statement, you could hear it in her voice not even she believed the BS that she HAD to put on the broadcast.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:32pm
To add, they ONLY showed photos of Protesters with masks or Hoods and face covers on, never showed those Looting Rioters that had ZERO masks of ANY sort and Noted the shown photos as 'proof Positive were wearing masks while Social Distancing'    

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! It does not get much worse that this when the Faux Media that SHOWED the protests, showed the No Masks shoulder to shoulder protesters and rioters now deem to state they are ALL just Fine!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posted By: allis g
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:46pm
refuse to wear one.  I think this is going to bite humanity in the ass trying to get rid of all viruses. Ok if you are more apt to get the wu flu then by all means wear a mask or stay home its a free country but don't make me wear one.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 10:33am
It appears that wearing a mask has become a political issue rather than one of intelligence!  Okay kiddies, if you are out in public, wear a mask! 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

It appears that wearing a mask has become a political issue rather than one of intelligence!  Okay kiddies, if you are out in public, wear a mask! 

And right there is the superiority complex!!
Kiddies, you might want to feel again.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:25pm
It appears that wearing a mask has become a political issue rather than one of intelligence

Well, it appears you are 100% WRONG... I see HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of 20- 40 year olds at the BEACH in Florida / California / South Carolina and NONE of them is doing it to make a POLITICAL Statement.......... I doubt the majority of them even vote.

Did BLDM and the RIOTERS do it to make a POLITICAL STATEMENT ?

-------------

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 2:56pm
Since there are more test with no real death increase its lowering the mortality rate...right?

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 3:07pm
re: Since there are more test with no real death increase its lowering the mortality rate...right?

That's one way to look at it, kinda the 'logical or common sense' way...

Now if you have an 'agenda', you can push,pull,prod,manipulate the data for YOUR agenda.
remember there's 3 possible results to every coin toss!!

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: weiner
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 8:59am
I see FREED GUY  is from the state that has a governor that is an IDIOT.  My mask sort of protects you from me,  does hardly anything from protecting me from you.  If you want a mask to protect you from everybody else then get a respirator,  commonly called a gas mask in the army.

-------------
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:06pm
allis g is my kinda guy!!!! ----I too refuse to put one on and NEVER will-----dont need to breathe that dye from the rags and you are also putting yourself at risk breathing in your own exhale from the rags over your mouth/face!!  Think about that for a second!

-------------

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 12:44am
About 1/2 of the folks trapsing around the flea mkt last weekend were wearing them. Mine was at hand all the time. It makes my voice even deeper than normal. Some of the gals musta liked it. I got's a date to meet a gal on Quartzite AZ. She's a hella of a lot better looking than me. Oh ya, I got's ta take the old gal too.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 12:27pm
Tom, Quartzite AZ has a huge rock and gem show and Flea Market in Dec. - Feb. if you ever get the chance. 

-------------

Posted By: Randy WI
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 11:07am
How about the folks that will not get a flu shot . Was at wally world the other day masks laying all over the parking lot. 
 i have not wore a mask but one time to get into my VA. clinic . Except the will of others if we happen to go to the dark side and we lose our freedom of choice. Randy

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 12:02pm
Masks and gloves all over the Wally World lots around here.  They are having to use staff to pick up the lots as the normal sweeper crews are telling the stores will not pickup Biohazard Materials as masks and gloves, not licensed to do so.

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 12:21pm
Yep, seeing them all over the parks lots here also. Feel for those who's job it is to clean that mess.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 12:44pm
Yet they scream Green New Deal & Environmentalism, I drive an EV. Yet have no problem spreading Disease and having everyone else clean up behind Them.  FRIGGIN IDIOTS.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 3:42pm
I cant believe they throw mask and gloves in the parking lots ??  What kind of morons are these ? No manors or common sense ?

-------------

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 3:46pm
what kind of morons ?

well, the regular ones getting 'free cheese' for decades with a 'use once-toss away' mantra.
they obviously aren't paying $1 / mask...

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 4:07pm
Yea I guess we must be paying for them, shoulda figured that one right off.

-------------

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:01pm
 Another episode of culling the heard, read this:
https//:foxnews.com/healthcoronavirus-kills-ohio-army-vet-refused-wear-face-mask

-------------
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:15pm

Walmart and Sam's Club to require masks nationwide starting July 20 as COVID-19 cases rise

https://www.usatoday.com/staff/4388270002/kelly-tyko/" rel="nofollow - Kelly Tyko
USA TODAY

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:18pm
https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=WMT" rel="nofollow - Walmart , the nation’s largest retailer, and  https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=KR" rel="nofollow - Kroger , the largest U.S. supermarket chain, will require customers to wear a mask or face covering to shop in their stores. 

The giant retailers separately announced the new policies on Wednesday as  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/coronavirus-live-updates.html" rel="nofollow - Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations rise in the many states  and raise the risk of more government-mandated shutdowns. The companies join a growing list of retailers that require masks, including  https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=BBY" rel="nofollow - Best Buy ,  https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=COST" rel="nofollow - Costco  and  https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=AAPL" rel="nofollow - Apple .

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:51pm
Walmart Now Requires All Shoppers To Wear Pants
July 15th, 2020
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A//babylonbee.com/news/walmart-requiring-all-shoppers-to-wear-pants" rel="nofollow -
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Walmart%20Now%20Requires%20All%20Shoppers%20To%20Wear%20Pants&url=https%3A//babylonbee.com/news/walmart-requiring-all-shoppers-to-wear-pants&via=TheBabylonBee" rel="nofollow -
mailto:?subject=Check%20out%20this%20article%20on%20The%20Babylon%20Bee&body=I%20think%20you%20will%20like%20this%20article%20from%20The%20Babylon%20Bee:%20https%3A//babylonbee.com/news/walmart-requiring-all-shoppers-to-wear-pants/" rel="nofollow -
U.S.—In a move that's being called "unprecedented tyranny," Walmart is now requiring all shoppers to wear pants in their stores.

Americans everywhere slammed Walmart for the move, saying it amounted to an infringement on our constitutional rights.

"I thought this was America," said one man as a greeter asked him to please put on some sweatpants or something before coming into the store. "It is my constitutional right to go into Walmart and shop for random stuff at 3 a.m. wearing nothing but some boxers and a giant Tweety Bird T-shirt I got in the '80s."

"Look, we don't think this is too much to ask," said a Walmart spokesperson. "Just throw on some sweats, pajama bottoms, whatever. This is for the health and mental safety of our employees. And for the love of God, take a shower once in a while, you know?"

Shirts will remain optional.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:00pm
You don't want to wear a mask, that's fine.  Next time you are going in for surgery tell the doc, that you don't care if he wears a mask or not!!!LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 4:44am
[TUBE]zXUtsft0Z74[/TUBE]WinkWinkWink

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:32am
We have had 15 WHOLE Cases of ?Coronavirus? or Covid19, seems no one is willing to call it what it is, positives in the county, only 4 of which had symptoms, the four have recovered with Mild Illness and the rest well they are under orders to remain at home until further notice and further testing so our County Health Department notified ALL Retailers to require masks to enter.  Not defined will stop the infections, just a blanket do this.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:11am
County Health Department notified ALL Retailers to require masks to enter

well..... it cant HURT... for me i seldom go to the store so it dont amount to a few minutes each week..

-------------

Posted By: Unshaken
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:10am
Throwing the masks and gloves in the parking lots when the world is a global pandemic and some countries don't have the required masks to protect their citizens sounds crazy. As well as news about people refusing to wear masks because they don't trust social media, this is crazy. If people around you refuse to wear masks, an N95 mask protects you far better than a cloth mask. For me is the best choice; I use http://https://pandemicpal.net/n95-masks-coronavirus-covid-19/" rel="nofollow - the high protection N95 masks with respirators for two months. N95 mask you can use several times, and it has better protection than simple cloth masks.

Posted By: Brian Jasper co. Ia
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:56am
I know this is an older thread, so I’ll just add my $.02 worth as an update. The 2020 IowaStateFair was canceled, the 2021 Fair was easily 1000 no mask wearers for every mask I saw. For those who don’t know, the ISF usually brings 1 million plus through the gates over 11 days. A similar situation was reported at this year’s Iowa and Iowa State game in Ames. Overwhelmingly no masks. There were concerns about these being super spreader events, but so far not at all.
As far as masking goes, I won’t fight or whine about it. If you put a sign up saying mask required to enter, I’ll just take my money elsewhere and never come back, just like I did Menards. Lowe’s is a couple blocks away and always has what I’m looking for.

-------------
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Brian Jasper co. Ia Brian Jasper co. Ia wrote:

I know this is an older thread, so I’ll just add my $.02 worth as an update. The 2020 IowaStateFair was canceled, the 2021 Fair was easily 1000 no mask wearers for every mask I saw. For those who don’t know, the ISF usually brings 1 million plus through the gates over 11 days. A similar situation was reported at this year’s Iowa and Iowa State game in Ames. Overwhelmingly no masks. There were concerns about these being super spreader events, but so far not at all.
As far as masking goes, I won’t fight or whine about it. If you put a sign up saying mask required to enter, I’ll just take my money elsewhere and never come back, just like I did Menards. Lowe’s is a couple blocks away and always has what I’m looking for.

Thank You for your "take" on the mask mandate at any given " retailer" !!! 
It still amazes me the "GUILLIBILITY" of "some" that refuse vaccination/belief that Covid is an issue CryCry !!

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:37pm
My take is what it is, your mileage may vary...

-------------
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:54am
Have yet to see ANY stores requiring Mask Use anywhere near to here, no Mass rise in Covid numbers, no hysterics as to infections changes, and still NEGLIGIBLE mask use by 90% of patrons.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:55am
People that don’t like masks just go someplace that doesn’t require them but the mask pushers go to extra lengths to make people wear or businesses require them instead of wearing it themselves and going on. Case in point, Jackson Co MO shut down Rae’s Cafe in Blue Springs because they wouldn’t enforce the “mask mandate.” Two days later, 15 miles away, same county, same health department, they filled an entire Chiefs football stadium on Sunday, no masks, no warning, no shut down. You check social media and the anointed ones are calling for Rae’s to be closed for good.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:28am
Please Freedguy use some of the time you think up questions to ask here, to study the history of the Spanish Flu of 1918.

I only have to go 1/2 mile to the local country cemetery. Families lost 2 or 3 or 4 even more members in less than 30 days. THAT IS A PANDEMIC . This is a flu just a tick worse than a normal flu season. I am not saying you don't need to use care. But if you are depending on a piece of regular cloth in front of you face to save the world, the world is doomed.

Once it became apparent that children where not affected this whole thing became a joke to me. At this point more miss information than information floating around the net.  But just saw on World Meter I think it was, less than 450 persons under 21 have died in the USA that could in any way be called covid.   I cannot think of anything more treble thing than having to watch your children or grandchildren die.  But most on here are expendable and the world would go on just fine.   Other than no one try and to put some common sense into your thinking.

Now to put your brain to work, look and tell me how much worse Sweden is that did buy all the BS of lockdown and masks. As compared to Israel that was the one being praised as the most vaccinated of countries.    Or go hide under a rock with a 24 pack.  

Posted By: TomC
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 11:19am
Well said Ray.

Posted By: victoryallis
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 11:50am
Got an email from my son’s school of the 22 in his class 12 are out sick with whatever bug.   His school district is 100% masks from the time he gets on the bus at 7:30 till he gets off at 4:30. If these masks are so great why did it spread?

-------------
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:32pm
Boy, I sure am glad we have a 15 month old thread a spammer dug up to argue about, because there surely isn't enough to argue about already!!!

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:09pm
Come on Tbone... a GOOD ARGUMENT dont depend on time.. can be a month, year or 10 years old... Still  pertains..... Heck, i know people i disagreed with 50 years and and STILL dont agree with them !!  Wink   Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:10pm
ANd RAY is right... Young kids seem to have little BAD effects / death from the WUHAN.. In fact, i think about 700,000 people have died and  550,000 of them were over 65 years old .... most of the rest were over 50.

If you under 20 years old, you have a higher chance of dieing from the Yearly FLU.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:43pm

Please Freedguy use some of the time you think up questions to ask here, to study the history of the Spanish Flu of 1918.

I only have to go 1/2 mile to the local country cemetery. Families lost 2 or 3 or 4 even more members in less than 30 days. THAT IS A PANDEMIC . This is a flu just a tick worse than a normal flu season. I am not saying you don't need to use care. But if you are depending on a piece of regular cloth in front of you face to save the world, the world is doomed.

Once it became apparent that children where not affected this whole thing became a joke to me. At this point more miss information than information floating around the net.  But just saw on World Meter I think it was, less than 450 persons under 21 have died in the USA that could in any way be called covid.   I cannot think of anything more treble thing than having to watch your children or grandchildren die.  But most on here are expendable and the world would go on just fine.   Other than no one try and to put some common sense into your thinking.

Now to put your brain to work, look and tell me how much worse Sweden is that did buy all the BS of lockdown and masks. As compared to Israel that was the one being praised as the most vaccinated of countries.    Or go hide under a rock with a 24 pack.  
What a B/S reply !!! Just today I heard of 4 people  IN the hospital that thought the same as you ConfusedOuchCry . 
What a Richard Head you are Big smileBig smile
You Trumpers JUST DON'T GET IT ConfusedSleepy !!

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:47pm
Freegas has his head in the Bucket AGAIN, He knows from just Two or Three LOCALLY reported(NOT Witnessed) that he is the ONLY correct response!!!
Not Hardly.

Posted By: bemer848
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
OK freed you got to 4000 post. Stop drinking the beer, name calling, and political remarks. 

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 7:17am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Come on Tbone... a GOOD ARGUMENT dont depend on time.. can be a month, year or 10 years old... Still  pertains..... Heck, i know people i disagreed with 50 years and and STILL dont agree with them !!  Wink   Clap
Yeah,but there are new mask threads to argue on without responding to a spammer.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 7:42am

What a B/S reply !!! Just today I heard of 4 people  IN the hospital that thought the same as you ConfusedOuchCry . 
What a Richard Head you are Big smileBig smile
You Trumpers JUST DON'T GET IT ConfusedSleepy !!

so us Trumpers don’t get the science? You realize that expecting a piece of T shirt material to stop something a fraction of the size of dust is akin to putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out right? Oh wait, no you didn’t...

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:33am
You realize that expecting a piece of T shirt material to stop something a fraction of the size of dust is akin to putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out right? Oh wait, no you didn’t...

Killing Me Dead GIF - Killing Me Dead Lmao GIFs

-------------

Posted By: dee_veloper
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:02pm

How Face Masks Work

When someone who has COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, or talks, they send tiny droplets with the coronavirus into the air. That's where a mask can help.

A face mask covers your mouth and nose. It can block the release of virus-filled droplets into the air when you cough or sneeze. This helps slow the spread of COVID-19.

Can face masks protect me from the coronavirus?

Multi-layer cloth masks help reduce transmission of virus from an infected person, They block up to 50-70% of fine droplets and particles, and can slow those particles that were not captured. Cloth mask also reduce the wearers' exposure to infectious droplets by filtering fine droplets and particles. Masks with high thread counts work best.

While a cloth face mask won't totally block the coronavirus, it’s an added layer of protection for you and the people around you. you should use it along with regular handwashing and social distancing measures like staying 6 feet away from others.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus-face-masks#1" rel="nofollow - https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus-face-masks#1

-------------
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:19pm
All sounds great, looks good written out, Until that sick person drops the mask to wipe their runny nose, toss the tissue nearby and as tossed releases the virus droplets so anyone walks thru is on clothing, on shoes, handle ANYTHING and not wash hands immediately and scratch your nose or itchy eyebrow you just spread it on your face.

Then are those that NEVER EVER cover their nose, just mouth, or leave it hang off their chin and CONSTANTLY adjust pushing it around wiping their hand on it and their clothes, six foot rule only applies til doesn't like in Wally World or Kohls aisles, or trying to pay for a load of gasoline at that station the card readers are all down.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:22pm
A face mask covers your mouth and nose. It can block the release of virus-filled droplets into the air when you cough or sneeze. This helps slow the spread of COVID-19.

So what percentage of people are walking around COUGHING ?  I dont see one in 100..  Most are just walking around the store, shopping ..

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:39pm
And if vaccinated may Not EVER cough, just runny nose, sneeze once in awhile, Low to NO fever but still infected and Still carrying.  That from MY Doctor while we reviewed my last MRI last week on Right Shoulder.  Have a Partially Torn Long Head Bicep Tendon and a Posterior(To the Rear Side) Labral Tear of the Labrum.  Hurts some if overdo things just backed off some.  Her take on the increasing infections IS the Misinformation that the Vaccine is a Immunization Shot, it was not and can never be, HER words.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:45pm
If your argument was about germs then the coughing and sneezing argument would hold water but stopping a virus, not a snowballs chance in hell. Now if your mask had a hepa filter it would protect you but nobody else. Like I said, these blue masks were designed to keep the surgical team from spitting in and on the patients as they are talking during surgery. They wear goggles and shields to stop airborne pathogens.
The biggest problem I see is they’ve cried WOLF so many times and so loud about the so-called super spreader events that if a very deadly variant does arise, there is a large group of people that won’t believe it, and sadly, for good reason.
On a lighter note, I did watch a gal sneeze into her elbow with a mask on and immediately turned to me and said, “well, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve done today.” We had a good laugh.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:47pm
That would have been Funny to see!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net