This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don Bradley...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don Bradley...
    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:46am
As some of you might know, Don Bradley recently passed away. David Maddux wanted me to let everyone know that, once the funeral arrangements are known to him, that he will post them here on the forum for everyone, so that you'll know as well. Prayers for Don's family...Rick

Edited by Rick - 22 Feb 2020 at 10:46am
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:00am
RIP Don , thanks for all you have done for the AC community. A wealth of knowledge to say the least . I went to both of the classes he and his son Bobby presented. He hinted at health problems before so I made sure to get to both. You will be missed !!!!! Bobby and family if you read this please accept my condolences. I will keep you all in my prayers.
God must have a tractor he can't get to run.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:14am
Don will be missed. My condolences to the family
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:31am
Sorry to hear this. Don's passing leaves a big hole in our Allis community.  He will surely be missed.  He was a fount of knowledge and always willing to help anyone with tractor repairs and advice.

Condolences to his family and I will be praying for them.
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:45am
Lost a good  Man , and  friend .  condolences to his  family ..  Tony & Nonnie
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:50am
My sympathies to Don’s family. I also appreciated Don’s willingness to share his expertise with the A-C community - he’ll be missed by many!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:02pm
Such sad news, Don was a truly nice man who was quite willing to share his vast knowledge with everyone , talked with him for many hours during the rains at the last Boonville GOTO, he will be missed greatly. Prayers for the entire family!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:08pm
So sad to read this! Condolences to the family! The AC community certainly lost a great asset! RIP!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:49pm
May Don's family find the peace of God's understanding and comfort.  A very sad time.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 2:35pm
Deepest sympathies to friends and family,,I sat next to him at the first Allis Chalmers Club of Mo. meeting ,, he luved to talk Allis for sure , he just had to much going against him,,

Edited by DougG - 22 Feb 2020 at 4:10pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:17pm
I'm sorry to hear this and I thank you Rick for posting.
Don's passing does indeed leave a big hole in our Allis family .  He will surely be missed for his expertise.  He was a fountain of knowledge about anything Allis and was always willing to help anyone with tractor repairs and advice.  I spent a few hours with him on the phone.  Sometimes talking Allis repairs and other times just talking.  I'll miss him and his friendly manner.

Bobby, my condolences to you and the entire family and I will be praying for you all in the days ahead.  He was a great man.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
jollymon68 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollymon68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:24pm
Very sorry to hear of your loss... Gob bless and god speed
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:29pm
My condolences to family and friends. Don not only had a lot of usable knowledge about tractors, but was the best in hospitality to visitors. One of the most enjoyable days related to Allis tractors I ever had was visiting At Don's plow day.
 RIP friend!
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:07pm
Very sad, definitely one of the giants in our community here. I was a little concerned not seeing any updates from them on the other thread. Prayers for the family, Bill

Edited by Bill_MN - 22 Feb 2020 at 7:10pm
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:34pm
Prayers for the family! Big shoes to follow! God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Rltool View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rltool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:43pm
Condolences to The Bradley family. We lost a great man & friend.
Ray W.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:47pm
Our Condolences from our family to the Bradley family. I had never met Don in person but over the past few years Don and I talked on the phone many many times. He was such a good friend. I was blessed to have visited over the phone with him and learned so much about him and his family. This friendship of two old farm boys was far beyond Allis Chalmers tractors. I will remember many things he had told me about tractors,  and lessons learned during our lives. 
He was a mentor, a teacher, a technician, a business man, a worker, a lover of old Allis tractors, and most of all a true friend. 
If there is WD45 in heaven he is setting the timing or pulling the motor right now.
This darn Allis 45 setting near me has so much of Don in it, I feel he did the majority of the head work and allowed me to follow along and do the hand work miles away from his shop. He told me almost every move to make on this tractor. Not many folks would take the time to do that.
As I completed it he said "Now you've done it, don't say you can't". I think he was as proud of "our" tractor as I was. It will always be to me, "The tractor that Don Bradley helped build".
He has touched so many folks in this orange tractor community. He will be missed. 
Our deepest Regards,
 Chris Casbohm
 And Family
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:51pm
Man, that just freakin sucks! Great man, great Allis guy! Almost can't believe that, but at least he is at peace. My condolences to the family. I wish I could have spend more time talking with him and learning from him
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
AMB(wcIL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMB(wcIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 8:53pm
Prayers from West Central IL. I always enjoyed reading and looking at pictures Don posted. He was definitely a WD45 Diesel Guru! Andy
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:41pm
My thoughts and prayers are with the family.  May God's Rich Blessings be on them during this time of deep grief.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:52pm
Sorry to hear of his passing. Prayers for his family. Another good friend gone.   MACK
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:34am
My prayers and sympathy to his family and friends!
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
randy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:15am
I never met or talked to Don, but watched his oil pan video enough i felt like i knew him! Sympathy and Prayer to all the family
CA WD WD45 D17 D17 Diesel 7060 8050 8070
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:53am
Sorry to hear of Don's passing. My condolences to the family.
  Tim
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 2:48pm
Man, that just ain't right! Prayers and condolences to Don's family. Another great AC guy gone. Damn! it just ain't right!
Steve & Jo Jo
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 7:20pm
So sorry to hear of Don's passing. I've met and talked with him at several shows. Even on this forum, he was always willing to lend a hand on any problem we had. May God's peace and understanding be with family and friends left behind as they mourn his death. His wit and wisdom will live on in the lives of the many who benefitted from his knowledge and the many 45's he rebuilt for others. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:16pm
Glad I got to meet him in person a couple of times, he was fantastic! We will sorely miss his knowledge, especially about the buda diesels.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:34pm
I bought a disk from him and was as great guy to talk to.  Prayers for the family
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:37pm
Prayers for his family. I didn't know him but I watched his video on 201/226 oil pan gaskets. He must have been a good guy to take the time to help folks like that.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Albert View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:02pm
Prayers for all! Don will be sadly missed by a bunch of us Allis nuts.It was always a pleasure to deal with Don and he was always ready to help with a problem.
Albert,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic