Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=168527
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 7:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Don Bradley...
Posted By: Rick
Subject: Don Bradley...
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:46am
As some of you might know, Don Bradley recently passed away. David Maddux wanted me to let everyone know that, once the funeral arrangements are known to him, that he will post them here on the forum for everyone, so that you'll know as well. Prayers for Don's family...Rick

Replies:
Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:00am
RIP Don , thanks for all you have done for the AC community. A wealth of knowledge to say the least . I went to both of the classes he and his son Bobby presented. He hinted at health problems before so I made sure to get to both. You will be missed !!!!! Bobby and family if you read this please accept my condolences. I will keep you all in my prayers.
God must have a tractor he can't get to run.

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:14am
Don will be missed. My condolences to the family

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:31am
Sorry to hear this. Don's passing leaves a big hole in our Allis community.  He will surely be missed.  He was a fount of knowledge and always willing to help anyone with tractor repairs and advice.

Condolences to his family and I will be praying for them.

Posted By: Tony.Or
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:45am
Lost a good  Man , and  friend .  condolences to his  family ..  Tony & Nonnie

-------------
http://www.tonystractors.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.tonystractors.com

Posted By: GreenOrange
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 11:50am
My sympathies to Don’s family. I also appreciated Don’s willingness to share his expertise with the A-C community - he’ll be missed by many!

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:02pm
Such sad news, Don was a truly nice man who was quite willing to share his vast knowledge with everyone , talked with him for many hours during the rains at the last Boonville GOTO, he will be missed greatly. Prayers for the entire family!

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: injpumpEd
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:08pm
So sad to read this! Condolences to the family! The AC community certainly lost a great asset! RIP!

-------------
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:49pm
May Don's family find the peace of God's understanding and comfort.  A very sad time.

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 2:35pm
Deepest sympathies to friends and family,,I sat next to him at the first Allis Chalmers Club of Mo. meeting ,, he luved to talk Allis for sure , he just had to much going against him,,

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:17pm
I'm sorry to hear this and I thank you Rick for posting.
Don's passing does indeed leave a big hole in our Allis family .  He will surely be missed for his expertise.  He was a fountain of knowledge about anything Allis and was always willing to help anyone with tractor repairs and advice.  I spent a few hours with him on the phone.  Sometimes talking Allis repairs and other times just talking.  I'll miss him and his friendly manner.

Bobby, my condolences to you and the entire family and I will be praying for you all in the days ahead.  He was a great man.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: jollymon68
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:24pm
Very sorry to hear of your loss... Gob bless and god speed

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:29pm
My condolences to family and friends. Don not only had a lot of usable knowledge about tractors, but was the best in hospitality to visitors. One of the most enjoyable days related to Allis tractors I ever had was visiting At Don's plow day.
 RIP friend!

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Posted By: Bill_MN
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:07pm
Very sad, definitely one of the giants in our community here. I was a little concerned not seeing any updates from them on the other thread. Prayers for the family, Bill

-------------
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow

Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:34pm
Prayers for the family! Big shoes to follow! God Bless!

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: Rltool
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:43pm
Condolences to The Bradley family. We lost a great man & friend.
Ray W.

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:47pm
Our Condolences from our family to the Bradley family. I had never met Don in person but over the past few years Don and I talked on the phone many many times. He was such a good friend. I was blessed to have visited over the phone with him and learned so much about him and his family. This friendship of two old farm boys was far beyond Allis Chalmers tractors. I will remember many things he had told me about tractors,  and lessons learned during our lives. 
He was a mentor, a teacher, a technician, a business man, a worker, a lover of old Allis tractors, and most of all a true friend. 
If there is WD45 in heaven he is setting the timing or pulling the motor right now.
This darn Allis 45 setting near me has so much of Don in it, I feel he did the majority of the head work and allowed me to follow along and do the hand work miles away from his shop. He told me almost every move to make on this tractor. Not many folks would take the time to do that.
As I completed it he said "Now you've done it, don't say you can't". I think he was as proud of "our" tractor as I was. It will always be to me, "The tractor that Don Bradley helped build".
He has touched so many folks in this orange tractor community. He will be missed. 
Our deepest Regards,
 Chris Casbohm
 And Family

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: Alex09(WI)
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:51pm
Man, that just freakin sucks! Great man, great Allis guy! Almost can't believe that, but at least he is at peace. My condolences to the family. I wish I could have spend more time talking with him and learning from him

-------------
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY

Posted By: AMB(wcIL)
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 8:53pm
Prayers from West Central IL. I always enjoyed reading and looking at pictures Don posted. He was definitely a WD45 Diesel Guru! Andy

Posted By: Bill Long
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:41pm
My thoughts and prayers are with the family.  May God's Rich Blessings be on them during this time of deep grief.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Posted By: MACK
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:52pm
Sorry to hear of his passing. Prayers for his family. Another good friend gone.   MACK

Posted By: Kurt WI
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:34am
My prayers and sympathy to his family and friends!

-------------
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020

Posted By: randy
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:15am
I never met or talked to Don, but watched his oil pan video enough i felt like i knew him! Sympathy and Prayer to all the family

-------------
CA WD WD45 D17 D17 Diesel 7060 8050 8070

Posted By: Tim NH
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:53am
Sorry to hear of Don's passing. My condolences to the family.
  Tim

-------------
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 2:48pm
Man, that just ain't right! Prayers and condolences to Don's family. Another great AC guy gone. Damn! it just ain't right!
Steve & Jo Jo

-------------
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 7:20pm
So sorry to hear of Don's passing. I've met and talked with him at several shows. Even on this forum, he was always willing to lend a hand on any problem we had. May God's peace and understanding be with family and friends left behind as they mourn his death. His wit and wisdom will live on in the lives of the many who benefitted from his knowledge and the many 45's he rebuilt for others. God Bless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:16pm
Glad I got to meet him in person a couple of times, he was fantastic! We will sorely miss his knowledge, especially about the buda diesels.

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:34pm
I bought a disk from him and was as great guy to talk to.  Prayers for the family

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:37pm
Prayers for his family. I didn't know him but I watched his video on 201/226 oil pan gaskets. He must have been a good guy to take the time to help folks like that.

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Albert
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:02pm
Prayers for all! Don will be sadly missed by a bunch of us Allis nuts.It was always a pleasure to deal with Don and he was always ready to help with a problem.
Albert,

Posted By: Dan Hauter
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:16pm
My condolences to Bobby and the rest of Don Bradley's family. Dan Hauter.

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 1:10am
Just read this about Don's passing and it leaves a pit in my stomach.
  No more of his sound advice be given freely to help others, or friendships to be made. Nor the wealth of knowledge that he possessed that went with him be shared... Specially with those that have those old BUDA and Allis engines and WD/45 tractors.   He will surely be missed by many.  
 May Don rest in peace and the family be comforted in the days ahead. Prayers from WI..

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: ac45dave
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:48pm
R.I.P. Don.  Deepest condolences to Bobby, Gayla and the Bradley family.We have all lost a great friend and a great A-C man. I had not been on here since Sat morning, and just saw this post this evening.I am truly saddened to learn of Don's passing.I will greatly miss talking tractors with my buddy in Missouri.I met Don in person in August 2015 when I bought my 45 diesel which he overhauled and was about a mile up the road from his shop.He made sure that I stopped by,before heading back to Indiana.Don, true to his word, bought lunch and we spent the rest of that hot Sat afternoon at his shop talking about tractors and everything else under the sun.It was truly a most enjoyable afternoon.After leaving and driving home I knew I had met and made a great new friend in meeting Don.Don talked me into joining and posting on the forum  instead of just lurking, and for that I will be forever grateful.I, like everyone else, will miss seeing Don at the shows and our long phone calls.He was a wealth of A-C knowledge and he helped me many times in the time I knew him.Don was a great guy and friend and will be missed immensely by all those who were lucky enough to have ever met him. Don I WILL MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

-------------
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors

Posted By: Dave(inMA)
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:46pm
I've been away from the Forum a few days and just saw this sad news. As with many others, Don freely gave me his expertise and time on several long phone calls. Those are the mark of a true gentleman. He became a friend, one always available and willing to help. My condolences to Bobby and the entire Bradley family.

-------------
WC, CA, D14, WD45

Posted By: Ranse
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:11pm
I guess I'm a little late on this. I some how missed this post, I'm sorry for that. I'm glad I got to meet and visit with Don those two days last year when he held his class. I'm fortunate I got the opportunity. As I sat and listened to him talk, I felt like I known him for years. I'm sadden to hear about his passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 10:30pm
i always miss people that i can learn from

Posted By: Stan IL&TN
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:12pm
Well I am very late and also missed the post somehow.

About 5 years ago when I was having trouble figuring out how to install those darn WD45 oil pan gaskets and asking how to do it and where the little F gaskets went he just said call him and gave me his number. I called and Don walked me through everything including all the tips and tricks to make sure it would not leak. He was a wealth of knowledge that cannot be replaced. God speed Don.

-------------
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net