This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

does the 301 allis engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does the 301 allis engine
    Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 10:08am
have the same head bolt pattern as the 301 ih engine?
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 2:13pm
I'd be extremely shocked if it was!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 2:51pm
http://www.pulloff.com/phorum/read.php?3,136186

This post sounds like what you need!

No idea on the pattern
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 4:22pm
Yeap 2hp per cfm of cylinder head flow thats what i like. Glad to see our numbers are attainable in the world of tractor pulling by others. Just proves i aint full of crap as some think.

Edited by mlpankey - 24 Sep 2012 at 4:23pm
lussetto View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lussetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 11:04pm
Not even close.

Greg
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:17am
The reality is that Ed is smart enough to build an engine to turn those RPM's and make that kind of power. Building it large enough to do the job and small enough to hold up pauing attention to the details that make horsepower.

The other difference is that Ed competes and shows us what he's got. I've pulled with him from time to time and he's a great individual. Not some smart talkin internet puller.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

The reality is that Ed is smart enough to build an engine to turn those RPM's and make that kind of power. Building it large enough to do the job and small enough to hold up pauing attention to the details that make horsepower.

The other difference is that Ed competes and shows us what he's got. I've pulled with him from time to time and he's a great individual. Not some smart talkin internet puller.
Rob they want people to post pictures of their pullers so why dont you post some.?  Heck mines on this site and several others granted its not as self immoratilized as wi does his but never the less .  230 cfm Wi 50 head =460 hp if he is on the same level as ed and his wc  want pull 3 rd gear 5500 lbs . 200 hp in a wd will .  I think we can smell

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Sep 2012 at 10:58am
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 11:48am
You totally missed the point and are trying to turn this into a pissn match in which ignorance and possiably genetics have already beatn you.

Your numbers are also off. I think Marty was pulling 260 cfm through one of those 201 heads and 320 through another design he posted.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 1:35pm
genetics to sniff out bs . ok 260 *2 =520 hp . That should still pull third gear at 5500  after all 200 hp in a wd will 200 in a olie 77 will pull 5th gear. tractor pullin and drag racing are the same the more horses you have the less mechanical advantage from gearing is needed  . kinetic energy . Genetics is that why you and wi can not get 2 hp per cfm like ed is that what i missed?

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Sep 2012 at 1:42pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 3:17pm
All you're doing here is showing your ignorance and lack of understanding the internal combustion engine. Engine design and cylinder head design have a lot more to do with horsepower output than strictly airflow numbers. Look at other factors in the induction and exhaust tract and the parts used to help make power. A siamesed port design of your 226 4 cyl will never make the hp to cfm ratio of an individual port 6 cyl.

By trying to argue with me with your idea that 1 cfm will produce 2 hp in the 226 further illistrates my formentioned points about ignorance and genetics.

Why not do something and show us?   

Edited by Rod B - 25 Sep 2012 at 3:28pm
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 4:13pm

Why not do something and show us?   

He did,  On the tracks I ran on we had names for such,,

Big smileGRENADE!!! Big smile
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 5:08pm
That happpens when ones not timid or to cheap to go all out.

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Sep 2012 at 5:09pm
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:43pm

That's  interesting, my experiance is more on round tracks and we not only had to be running at the end of  a 25 lap feature  we had to be in front of everybody else and even then somebody else declared us the winner or loser.  I must check out this pulling thing,,,, build a grenade and get pushed on the trailer and you get to declare yourself the winnerClap? Wow!

Do you bring your own trophy too?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:51pm
Yeah you should. Lay down a run and see if the distance holds.
Bob C IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob C IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 7:12pm

CALM DOWN BOYS!!!!!!!  Ive wished for this forum for a long time, NO BASHING,            Bob C 

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 7:25pm
sorry Embarrassed, I put smileys on my postStar
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

That happpens when ones not timid or to cheap to go all out.

So that's what you call it. Going all out must mean useing junkyard rods and heavy pistons. Drilling a cam full of holes to try and justify not knowing basic geometry.

I'm not knocking on anyone (nor bashing) for trying, but thinking you went all out when all you did was scrap togather a time bomb is much different than the caliber of builds you dream of. That's why some guys have fun pulling and others sit behind the keyboard.

I tend to think of engineering as the prevention of failure.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 9:03am
"self imortalized"?  Or is it that I'm shareing pictures and information with other people of similar intrests on a public forum now and then.

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 5:35pm
I'm with BOB C.....
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 6:54pm
Me too I agree with bob c
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Rob they want people to post pictures of their pullers so why dont you post some.?  Heck mines on this site and several others granted its not as self immoratilized as wi does his but never the less .  230 cfm Wi 50 head =460 hp if he is on the same level as ed and his wc  want pull 3 rd gear 5500 lbs . 200 hp in a wd will .  I think we can smell

Judging by your post pankey you have no knowledge of gear ratios from a wc to a wd. You also have no knowledge of cylinder head configuration effecting power output. Claiming you do is pointless after makeing statements like quoted.

What is your problem with WI? I didn't even mention him and you're off on some BS tangent. You've got some serious jealousy and personal issues to resolve by yourself. Otherwise why make the refrence to him or any of his work?

Relax boys. I'm only pointing out the obvious. Maybe pank can post us some results and pictures. Possiably if he thinks real hard he can rember what heads do fit the 301. It's been covered here before.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 9:16am
Allis engineered their tractors to plow ground at 2.5 mile an hour. Wc full load rpms plowing at 2.5 is 1300 rpm a wd is at 1400 doing the same. So tell me how big the gearing difference for 100 rpms is. Minimul.. wd with 200 horse pulls third a wc with at least double that from head flow numbers should be able to also.drilling one dowl pin in the cam snout isnt a problem for most but it must be for you.

Edited by mlpankey - 28 Sep 2012 at 12:40pm
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 5:13pm
why is it we have to put up with the jr high school bickering between you guys  QUIT THE BICKERING BETWEEN YOURSELVES lots of us look to you all for advice but when you all start bickering we lose faith in your wisdom   SO STOP PLEASE LOTS OF US NEED YOU GUYS
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 5:32pm
Well said Bradley6874.  Clap  As an Allis Chalmers (and a pulling) newbie I love this site, and hate to see all of this between a select few guys who obviously have some past history.  I try to soak up as much info from here as I can and I'd hate to see it go away.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 5:22am
Oh I'm not bickering. I'm useing this thread to teach more lessons. Pankey is claiming that 1 cfm of cylinder head flow is worth 2 hp of crankshaft power output. He seen some numbers and got excited. He claims it works on a 6 cyl IH and on a 4 cyl Allis.

So in pankey math 1 = 2 no matter what. If you don't beleve me read through the thread. In the real world it's not true. Many other factors effect power output. As I stated one of the major ones is cylinder head configuration. One other major and most basic factor is the engines NUMBER OF CYLINDERS. Would a 4 cylinder engine make the same power as an 8 cylinder if the head was identical?

If pankey ever wants to be a competitive tractor puller he's going to need to learn a thing or two more about engines, starting at the most basic level. Not to mention his misconception of gear ratios and the difference in them. A lot of times when an engine has high flow numbers and high RPM they actually pull in a SLOWER gear. But 6700 RPM in a 40 to 1 gear will go faster than 3000 RPM in a 35 to 1 gear even though both engines are makeing similar horsepower the torque output is much different.

Edited by Rod B - 02 Oct 2012 at 5:29am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 7:12am
rod i am more competitive than you my tractor has been seen competing . wheres yours.  ground speed is ground speed cameras dont lie . its easily calculated when you have a known distance and a camera timmer.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 7:29am
I seen yours and 8 mph is a far cry from what you're boasting. So show us!   Sled size, chain angle and track conditions are a huge part of speed.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 6:55pm
Well i never poll the stands its quiet possible we were limited at mph at the event you was in the stands at. Ford motorsports advertised a 2300 in race trim at 600 hp. The half a v8 midget motors limited to no more than 165 ci make 350 hp every weekend .you might need fo rethink your posts some. Ps theys a 190 hp stock 226 that in race form gets 350 hp to. You just got to know where to look.
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 8:19am
Those of you looking for help should thank Wi50, Rod, Butch, Mack, Dr Allis.... Dont believe everything you read on the internet. Get out to local pulls and talk to the guys that are doing it. 
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 6:03pm
Yeah macks a puller he knows why you line bore one.you should ask him glock head sometime. Even made his own cylinder head . The marine 226 does just as posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic