This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion on 433 in D19 chassis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion on 433 in D19 chassis
    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:12am
https://youtu.be/bHVbr15Aocw

Or search for D19 supercharged diesel walk around on youtube

I know I've posted this before, but I've had some questions about this project on one of my other threads and I didn't want to clog it up.

Unfortunately I only have my mobile device to connect with, and it doesn't seem to allow me to post the YouTube video on here the fancy way. I'm guessing I need a PC.

I haven't gotten much farther than this video on the D19 more pressing projects keep coming up one after another it seems.
Sponsored Links

exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:29am
Very cool build.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 1:38pm
[TUBE]bHVbr15Aocw[/TUBE]
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 4:18pm
I am impressed! The 433 is a great engine . You have certainly cured that gas guzzler!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
groundhog55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groundhog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:08pm
I put one in a wd45. If you add a 3/8 inch spacer between the manifold and turbo you wouldn't have to cut a whole in the hood. Because you can turn the turbo around.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:02pm
And remove the intercooler and move the intake manifold inwards...no hood cuttin either.
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:31pm
This is good stuff,I could imagine it with some big wide rubber on the rear too!
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:19am
I never thought about turning the turbo. But I'm sure il be happy when the hoods get finished. My brother has his own machine shop now and we're going to get at it this winter.

Big tires sure would look nice on there. I had the 18 4s in the shed so that's what it got haha. I also use it in the field the biggest impediment it sees is the our AC 2500 disc 11ft 21in blades. She will spin out right now if you get into some damp clay but I figured that's better than gripping and tearing up the rear end. We've got windshield washer fluid in the rear tires and 500 pounds of wheel weights on the back that make a big difference. But we took it and my dads gas D19 to a pull, 2 falls ago, and I'm still not hearing the end of it that he beat me all 3 pulls with his gasser. The 3 mile an hour speed limit saved him as we were pulling in a stock class together. Plus It was like he's drove these tractors for 70 years and knew exactly how to weight it haha.

Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:20am
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

[TUBE]bHVbr15Aocw[/TUBE]

Thanks for taking the time to set this up for us. I really did try guys.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:36am
https://youtu.be/ZFCveqGsu2c

This was before I got hoods on platform built, and it has a set of 190 size tires on the front so it's sitting funny the new tires leveled it out. 10000 pounds was as heavy as the club goes.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:39am
https://youtu.be/o11jIzLtiyg

Here's dad on his gasser.
groundhog55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groundhog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:16pm
I didn't remove the innercooler on the 45 and the hood fit.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 2:02pm
I'm talking a D-17 or D-19 where the hood sides come down a little lower. I'm doing a D-17 series 3 right now that has hydrostatic power steering, no cut/modified hoods, no side frame mods, a 800 CCA battery and air cleaner all under the hood. The goal was to make it look like it came right out of the West Allis Factory. I also have engine driven live hydraulics and a 3-spool hydraulic console from a 170 to the right of the seat.

Edited by DrAllis - 03 Dec 2019 at 2:05pm
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

I'm talking a D-17 or D-19 where the hood sides come down a little lower. I'm doing a D-17 series 3 right now that has hydrostatic power steering, no cut/modified hoods, no side frame mods, a 800 CCA battery and air cleaner all under the hood. The goal was to make it look like it came right out of the West Allis Factory. I also have engine driven live hydraulics and a 3-spool hydraulic console from a 170 to the right of the seat.
I've seen the video evidence. Be nice to see it here.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
Tim's two video's... Ttim's pull
[TUBE]ZFCveqGsu2c[/TUBE]

Tim's dad's pull... seemed like it was so smooth walking through.
[TUBE]o11jIzLtiyg[/TUBE]
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:06pm
How slow can you go ,,,,
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:27am
It really is slow. I pull a series 3 d17 when I pull it in the #7000 class I'm in low low. Now that's slow lol.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:31am
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

I'm talking a D-17 or D-19 where the hood sides come down a little lower. I'm doing a D-17 series 3 right now that has hydrostatic power steering, no cut/modified hoods, no side frame mods, a 800 CCA battery and air cleaner all under the hood.
The goal was to make it look like it came right out of the West Allis Factory. I also have engine driven live hydraulics and a 3-spool hydraulic console from a 170 to the right of the seat.

That's sounds like an amazing project with alot of hours involved. Sounds like it will be one impressive tractor.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:35am
Thanks again JC (WI). you mentioned how smooth my dad's pull was.... he could have run your foot over with the front tire and you would never have felt it he had that thing floating just perfect.
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:53am
[TUBE]d3gt2LfOR9w[/TUBE]
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:12am
I just live people thinking out side the box I've grew up mostly on a D series and I just love seeing modifications that keep the drivability of the tractor up to par. Keep up the ambition and ingenuity the world could use more of this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic