This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D14 torque tube overhaul bearing & seal kit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D14 torque tube overhaul bearing & seal kit?
    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:06pm
So I'm replacing bearings in the torque tube. I lost a bearing on the shaft above the PTO (intermediate shaft)? My question is there a kit that contains all the bearings and seals for this job?  I don't want to have to pull this apart again ever. So I figured I'd replace all the bearings. Or is it cheaper to take the time and shop for everything individually?  
Any advice for reassembly welcomed. I just got the last of the shafts removed today and plan on getting it all washed out before putting it back together.

Thanks for the help!
Tim
Sponsored Links

nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:08pm
I'd upload some pictures but I don't see that I can.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:11am
Never was a "kit". One piece at a time.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:31am
If you have the bearing numbers,you may be able to save a little by shopping around. That's your choice. A service manual would be helpful to set the shaft bearings. You may need a variety of new snap rings.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:33am
Refill with universal hydraulic oil.           MACK
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:44pm
You can see all the things you need and their part numbers on the AGCO parts book website.  I am on that site all the time!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:26am
BTW it's a 58 D14
Thanks for the input everyone.
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Lynn Marshall Lynn Marshall wrote:

If you have the bearing numbers,you may be able to save a little by shopping around. That's your choice. A service manual would be helpful to set the shaft bearings. You may need a variety of new snap rings.

Do they offer a snap ring kit?
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:29am
I was careful to keep track of which snap ring was where.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:31am
If there's even a hint of oil coming out of the brake rod slot area, you should replace the diff/axle oil seals. sorry, more sluggin of heavy cast...
The original seal is 1/2" wide and no longer available. the replacement is 1/4" thick so two nicely go in. National oil seal # is 471765.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:40am
I probably will! Now is the time.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:47am
hmm, is there ANY oil coming out of the PTO lever ? THAT  can be replaced while the tractor's 'split'. 50 cent o-ring..... Always wondered if an oilseal could be added as a 'deflector' and additional seal but for me to find out, I'd have to split my#1 ride here. That 'grrrrr' seal has always 'irked' me... every time, everyday I see it....

sigh
Jay

Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:48am
No snap ring kits available today,as far as i know. The original snap rings may not be correct with new bearings, that's why they have a variety of different sizes available.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:49am
I think when I had my 220 apart some thicknesses of snap rings were not available...be forwarned
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:14am
[QUOTE=jaybmiller]
hmm, is there ANY oil coming out of the PTO lever ? 
No oil leaking there, but am going to replace a the rubber orings.

nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:15am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

I think when I had my 220 apart some thicknesses of snap rings were not available...be forwarned

Thanks for the heads up. I have access to a surface grinder so I can always make a thick one thinner.
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:20am
So I was trolling the net looking for AC part #s. I looked at the AGCO site without any luck. I have bearing #s off the ones I removed, but the seal #s aren't giving me any results. I have a I T manual coming but not sure it will have part #s. The Jensons manual I have is ok but not everything that I was looking for.  I will inherit this tractor at some point so I'm not wanting to just cobble it up. 
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:36am
I figured out the pictures!

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:50am
Originally posted by nx08634 nx08634 wrote:

So I was trolling the net looking for AC part #s. I looked at the AGCO site without any luck. I have bearing #s off the ones I removed, but the seal #s aren't giving me any results. I have a I T manual coming but not sure it will have part #s. The Jensons manual I have is ok but not everything that I was looking for.  I will inherit this tractor at some point so I'm not wanting to just cobble it up. 

Please explain what you mean by looking at the AGCO site with no luck, maybe someone can help you. The D14 parts list with numbers is there. If you were looking for something specific and didn't see it, knowing what the issue was might get help on solving it. The AGCO site is not one where you purchase parts on line, if that is what you were looking for. You can get the part numbers there to do online searches with and you can talk to a dealer/parts suppliers, using the part number and correct name, when looking for parts. I have found the AGCO website works better with Google or Firefox, than IE, Bing, or Edge.

The I&T shop manual is not a parts manual, it might have an odd part number or two, but not all part numbers. To me the I&T manuals supplement OEM manuals based on the couple different ones I have.

As far as I know a Jensales manual is either a copy of the OEM manual or an I&T manual. I believe the D14 one is a copy of the OEM manual.

Just my thoughts.

nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:59am
I was looking for part numbers for the bearings/seals in the torque tube
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 6:12am
Agco Parts Books .com D14 Than Go To Page 148 All The Part # Are There
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 6:14am
you might ( should...) put some wooden wedges at the tierod ends/axle. it'll keep the wheel straight and FIXED.
I found out the hard way they can move real FAST when the back of the engine goes a bit wonky. from 'itll be OK support'.

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 6:32am
Jay,

Look close a the top of the axle. It appears to have a block or wedge between it and the casting to prevent tipping.

As I mentioned before the browser you use may make a difference. I found the site works best with Google. Using Bing or some other browsers, I didn’t always get the drawings, it wouldn’t return to the index, etc. You need to look for clutch, power director, transmission, differential or PTO parts. If you were looking for torque tube bearings and seals, they are not listed that way.
1.     On the homepage click on: ” View Books”.
2.     Enter D14 in the model search box. The Book title (D14 TRACTOR; AUXILIARY MOTOR - D14) and publication number(79001548) should appear
3.     Click on the publication number.
4.     Clutch and driveline parts start on page 144 and go through page 174. I see shafts and gears on page 168.

Edited by Jim.ME - 10 Jul 2020 at 6:44am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:04am
Yeah I saw them slippery 2by6's but unless tapconned into the concrete(hard to tell with my eyes..), they can move mighty dang fast.....I KNOW a 4by4 'wedge' did !!
safety first....we only have 10 fingers and toes....

nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Alvin M Alvin M wrote:

Agco Parts Books .com D14 Than Go To Page 148 All The Part # Are There
I'll give that a try. Thank you!
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 12:19am
OK I've got a list of part numbers now. Where do you guys recommend as the place to shop?
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 2:48am
So doing some searching for bearing co.'s and found 
MIBearings Logohad all 4 part #s I needed and 1 of the seals. Total was about 265$ but I need to call because one they wanted a stock check on. So I may check with my guy at Motion Industries and see how he can do.  I'll have to buy the throw out bearing from somewhere else along with a couple seals, orings, and gaskets. I feel like if I can get this done for 500$ I'll feel pretty good. Once I get the torque tube done and back on the front end I'll look at the hyd. cyl. and the reverse gears looked pretty rough but they worked ok before I tore it done so not sure what to do there. Making progress.
Thanks for all the leads & help!
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 2:49am
BTW I went with Timken & Federal bearings.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 5:20am
When you get the throwout bearing, buy the 'pilot' bearing as well,saves a lot of cussin 'I shouldhave...I shouldhave......'
Also make sure the clutch fork is on the 'tranny' side of the cast iron 'tab' NOT the engine side... somehow mine was 'engine' side and you have to resplit the tractor to correct that 'booboo'.

nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 5:22am
Will look at that, I put a new clutch in in 04.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic