This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crossbreeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 12:57pm
Assume both paired lifters are in the lifter bore and the reason only one lifter trunion shows is to show the independent vertical movement the pair has .looks like thethe five mains come at a price of small bores also
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 1:12pm
And I thought the political section was the rough place to hang out , now i see there are other sections of disagreement and controversy .. LOL
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 1:21pm
.  The bore is currently at 4.562 or if my stalker had paid attention he would have read that they were from a Deere 6076 and been able to figure out what the ID is to start with.

So there is plenty of room to bore to 4.75+

Edited by wi50 - 25 Jan 2012 at 5:17am
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 1:34pm
Well that address that can we see the center main .didn't address the lifter though. Please address all or none thanks
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Well that address that can we see the center main .didn't address the lifter though. Please address all or none thanks
also the deck 5 inch sleeve should be butted I do find it flattering that you choose to follow sleeve od Its a walk in my footprints.

Edited by mlpankey - 24 Jan 2012 at 1:49pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:30pm
Well be more carefull pank. My old engine was put togather well over 10 years agoe and it goes strong yet today. The liners are identical dimensions od the ones I made for this engine. You were most likely dreaming of pulling then the same as you are now.

And yes the lifters move verrtical.

Enough of the stupid questions. I'd be happy to adress any legitimate ones from anyone with enough intelligance to ask.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 3:01pm
How long is the flat on the lifter. Stock small blocks that use a dog bone roller lifter design are. 632 long and you don't get much over factory lift before having to change them to a design with more individual verticle movement. Probably not intelligent enough to answers intelligently. Pulling same engine ten years seams like you should have got the natpa build but you didn't kurt hamill did.

Edited by mlpankey - 24 Jan 2012 at 3:07pm
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:44pm
Spanks, you have the ego of a mosquito floating down the river on his back with an erection shouting, "Open the drawbridge!"
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:57pm
wi50, nice build, I appreciate your doing it your way. It is a shame that our resident "keyboard puller/engine builder /performance guru" is so envious that he has nothing useful to add to or real knowledge to share, but simply is here to diss others and waste bandwidth. But that seems to be how he compensates for his own lack of           [fill in the blank]. Mitch, siddown and shudupp.
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 5:49pm
Lock the dude out, geeeez, PLEEEEEZ! Trev.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 8:28pm

Does not mean that the guy is not buying different parts for final assembly than the ones he is  useing for mock up and build purpose.

I'd swear that pankey fella gets a little dumber every time he posts.  To bad he has to clutter up good threads that the rest of us enjoy.  Over 5100 views of the guy makeing a fool of himself.

Edited by Rod B - 24 Jan 2012 at 8:30pm
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 9:36pm
Don't everyone forget that stroke means nothing in pulling. ALL power comes from RPM's only..........
Yea, I can fix that.....
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by D-17_Dave D-17_Dave wrote:

Don't everyone forget that stroke means nothing in pulling. ALL power comes from RPM's only..........
a 280 cubic inch motor turning 12500 want beat a640 inch motor tuning 8000 at any sport.0
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by GBACBFan GBACBFan wrote:

Spanks, you have the ego of a mosquito floating down the river on his back with an erection shouting, "Open the drawbridge!"

Thanks man,  Now I have to clean the spit & Pepsi  off my screen and keyboardLOLLOL
mark vaughn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 7:21pm

Staying on the subject of tractor pulling, what class would the wi50 fall into?  What are the class rules , such as tractor weight, limitations and other requirements?  Due to not being knowledgeble with pulling, I was just curious.  Looks like wi50 would have some very competetive engines in whichever class it would be in.  Wi50, I have been reading some of your posts and you seem to know exactly what you are talking about.  Lots of good up to date knowledge!!  Sounds like lots of fun and very competetive!!!  Smile

D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 7:25pm

a 280 cubic inch motor turning 12500 want beat a640 inch motor tuning 8000 at any sport.0
Just going by one of your previous arguments, I mean threads plankey........
Yea, I can fix that.....
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 8:17pm

[QUOTE=D-17_Dave] Don't everyone forget that stroke means nothing in pulling. ALL power comes from RPM's only..........

Just going by one of your previous arguments, I mean threads plankey........[/you have me confussed or out of context I am the no replacement for displacement.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:35am
By reading some old threads why would you limet your cubes than pankey by useing buda rods in your engine?  By the pictures you didn't even narrow them to lighten them and strengthen the crank.  Such a tall and heavy clumpy piston hanging on top also. 

You could have built a much larger and stronger engine useing different rods.  

Prior to that I read something about farmall rods with a 1.75 crankpin being used and breaking the crank. 

Maybe reading magazines is what you should stick to.

Also while you are on a rant over this post, please explain why you did not put your engine back togather and show us all like you said you were going to do.

I'm not into the dirty diaper sports either fella's but by what I know this pankey fella is full of bs and trolls these forums trying to boost his ego.

JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 11:17am
Gentlemen, please continue!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

By reading some old threads why would you limet your cubes than pankey by useing buda rods in your engine?  By the pictures you didn't even narrow them to lighten them and strengthen the crank.  Such a tall and heavy clumpy piston hanging on top also. 

You could have built a much larger and stronger engine useing different rods.  

Prior to that I read something about farmall rods with a 1.75 crankpin being used and breaking the crank. 

Maybe reading magazines is what you should stick to.

Also while you are on a rant over this post, please explain why you did not put your engine back togather and show us all like you said you were going to do.

I'm not into the dirty diaper sports either fella's but by what I know this pankey fella is full of bs and trolls these forums trying to boost his ego.

Now that's the truth Rod B. 

I think I am able to post pictures now, and I'd like to share a pic of my rod and piston assembly.  I put an original crank in a block and a cam to check for clearance before nailing down my final dimensions on an engine and make sure that there is enough clearance for the added stroke and the rod combination, or that I can make clearance before commiting to a combination.  With the 4.5 stroke crank I've still got about .750 clearance to the cam at it's closest point, so that gives me quite a bit of room for the bore/stroke combination I'm going to run. 

And before our resident nit wit wants to astonish us with his lack of thought the pictures are in a plain old take out block as I have not notched the sleves in the big bore block but needed to check cam clearance.

Edited by wi50 - 26 Jan 2012 at 4:22pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by mark vaughn mark vaughn wrote:

Staying on the subject of tractor pulling, what class would the wi50 fall into?  What are the class rules , such as tractor weight, limitations and other requirements?  Due to not being knowledgeble with pulling, I was just curious.  Looks like wi50 would have some very competetive engines in whichever class it would be in.  Wi50, I have been reading some of your posts and you seem to know exactly what you are talking about.  Lots of good up to date knowledge!!  Sounds like lots of fun and very competetive!!!  Smile

Mark, we really don't have much for rules anymore, make weight and be naturally aspirated.  3500-5500 pound classes for this engine.  I should be useing a different engine even if I wanted a 4 cyl allis used engine.  I should put all the time and effort into a Deutz converted to billet cylinders and work over a set of Deutz heads from a V-8 application.  The tractor heads are fairley limeted but from the big kraut, there's some real potential.

I'm makeing the cylinder head for this engine in the posts.  But that doesn't happen overnight.  I'll share pictures of it someday, but some people can't handle simple items like blocks or cranks.  We'll save that saga for later.

I'm also at a point now where I have the necessary items for our alky superstock and that's my main priority so this Allis is going to have to go on the back burner for some time.

Edited by wi50 - 26 Jan 2012 at 2:22pm
mark vaughn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 4:53pm
wi50  This all sounds so neat and i would like to see pictures of the head work during the different stages of progress. Thanks so much and good luck. Mark
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 7:14pm
Pistons weighed 750 grams . Rods were bushed and crank was ground for. .020 side clearance. I guess you guys can't read pictures we'll to. I don't see a sleeve in the block. Don't see the side where you would have to cut out to place roller lifters in from the top either.bulky rods don't give much room for stroke. You planning on running more than 300a lift at lifter.flat spot in lifter doesn't look in picture that it would not have much more than that

Edited by mlpankey - 26 Jan 2012 at 7:36pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 9:39pm

Pistons weighed 750 grams . Rods were bushed and crank was ground for. .020 side clearance. I guess you guys can't read pictures we'll to. I don't see a sleeve in the block. Don't see the side where you would have to cut out to place roller lifters in from the top either.bulky rods don't give much room for stroke. You planning on running more than 300a lift at lifter.flat spot in lifter doesn't look in picture that it would not have much more than that

Prepare to be astonished fella's.

I have to wonder if you read or just post, open mouth (keyboard) and insert foot.  Go actually READ the post above post and look at the pictures.  Now THINK and you will know why you do not see a sleve in one block.

What's even worse is that I said in the post exactly what our resident idiot would astonish us with what he doesn't know.

Now I'll explain it to him..... not that I should waste my time but he might just get it if he reads.

In one picture you see an extra main cap in the block, you can also see above the front main where the block was cut into the crank case for the sleves, can probably even see the sleves.  Now that would be a block pictured earlier in the thread that has the boreing done, getting the main caps fabricated in, etc.  I can check and KNOW how much clearance I need to cut in the sleves for the rod....... BUT why would I cut the clearance before the final boreing is done?  That would be stupid to do as than there would be an interupted cut when boreing. 

Like I've said in the past, there is a certain order of operations to go through in order to make the next phases go easier, better and not have to backtrack or make anything harder than it needs to be.

In the other picture you see a stock block with the sleves knocked out and no bore work done, you see a stock crank holding a rod to check clearance  to the cam.  Now that would be a plain old stripped down and cleaned up block.

In my post I even say that I was checking cam clearance in a un molested block.  Cam clearance is cam clearance weather it's this block or that block, I just need to know approxamatly how much room is between the two, and if and how much I'll have to clearance the block. 

So now I know how much I need to notch my liners and I know that theres a tad over .750 clearance from the rod to a cam with a 4.5 stroke, so that gives me potential to go to 6" stroke easily with this connecting rod and not have to clearance anything.  Where will the final bore and stroke be?  I'm not going to say.  It may be fairley small, in the low 300's for displacement, maybe a 4.6X5, it may be over 400 at a 4.75X6.125 engine as there's room for that.  Will it be a 2500 RPM engine or will it be a 6500 RPM engine?  

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 9:51pm
Is it possiable for pankey to get any dumber? 

I bet he can. 

A wise man posted earlier that the only thing he shows more than his jelousy is his stupidity.
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:20pm

Is it possiable for pankey to get any dumber? 

I bet he can. 

A wise man posted earlier that the only thing he shows more than his jelousy is his stupidity.
Wink
Yea, I can fix that.....
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:46pm

Is it possible for pankey to get any dumber?   

One wouldn't think so, but for the folks that enjoy watching someone that repeatedly reinforces their own ignorance he's the gift that keeps on giving. 

Edited by GBACBFan - 26 Jan 2012 at 10:47pm
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 3:16pm
Your going to use roller lifters and have no way of replacing or checking the lifter each season after sleeves get installed
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 5:07pm
PFFFFTT!!!
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 5:54pm

Hey GBACBfan, it's present time!!!!!   LOL

1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic