This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coggonobrien's D15 Series III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 6:45pm
Nice I bet if you offered that hydraulic conversation as a kit you could sell them. That looks great.
Sponsored Links

coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:01pm
Honestly I've got one buying the pump bracket but a kit as a hole is too rich for most. Roughly 350 in hoses and fittings alone
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:52pm
Yup it adds up fast. I put dual remotes on my d15 with a joystick valve for the loader as well. Spent a ton of money on that setup but if you use it for a work tractor it pays for itself in the long run. You can save a ton by buying the hoses and fitting from surplus center. But the plate you made up to mount the quick couplers in the back is alot nicer then just comming off the valves with black iron schedule 80 pipe to quick connects like I did. Both work but your looks alot nicer.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 8:09am
Yeah, if people want to buy the fabricated steel parts i would sell them but anything store bought isn't worth my time to do.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 12:01pm
Getting closer. Rebuilding the seat while it's off

Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:21pm
You will like that the new shock absorber on the seat makes a world of difference.   You get it all fixed up it will be too nice to take out and use. Lol
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:30pm
Oh that's how we get new tractors around here.  People were really shocked to see us dual up our 220 open platform after painting it and field cultivate.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 4:23pm
Oil filter mount painted and installed. Still need to cut the return hose to length

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:29pm
That is looking really sweet!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by JoeO(CMO) JoeO(CMO) wrote:

I have been saving this, a 615, hydraulics.

Joe, can you take a picture of where the pivot bolt for the hydraulic ties to the fender mount plate
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:31pm
Slowly putting the seat back together after fixing all the egg shaped holes. Once installed I can clearance the console top. Also drew and cut a new righthand fender mount. If it fits like it should I will mirror it for a lefthand

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:18pm
Seat suspension is done, going to touch up the back of the seat before putting it on then it's time to see how much of the console needs trimmed.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:39pm
Seat is on now.  You can see in the last picture how I will need to clearance the two twenty console for the seat.

Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:18pm
You guys have some great skills there. It looks as good as factory. I bet a lot of people wouldn't even know. Definitely a cool project.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:53pm
Doc has most of the talent, I just have modern technology making me look good on the fabrication end
Greg_WJP_(WI) View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg_WJP_(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:47am
It looks better than good!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:29pm
I got my Fender mounts laser danform today just need to drill the hole in the right hand side for the remote pivot Bolt

JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:04pm
Looking Good!!

allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:13pm
What a neat working tractor you are going to have when you get this all done!
Thanks for sharing your progress. It is amazing to watch people fabricate and build and make things work! It is beyond my ability. I am just amazed at you guys!
Pastor Mike Townsley
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 5:45am

Hey Coggin,,,,Now,, that is sure lookin great,,,!!!Clap but you KNOW,,,you is goin to have to go all the way and get you a claw hammer and a brick and straighten thet left fender,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,is a complete paint job in your plans for this tractor,,??
 Looking Good,,Guy,,,lookin good,,,,Clap!!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 2:42pm
Well she's back together until we blow her apart next winter for brakes.

Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:42pm
Will there be a factory 3 point on it someday? It is SO COOL!!! Time well spent. A1, top self, and high marks for you.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 5:27am
If a 3 pto happens we will build it. The factory one is too cheaply built for my taste
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:29pm
Did a little garden plowing this week

[TUBE]ye4Mwhjx5As[/TUBE]

[TUBE]4Thal7YLNdE[/TUBE]
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:59pm

Hey Coggin,,,Them right there are some great pics,,,especially the one with the Series II with the sun coming up behind it,,,good enough for a calendar shot,,,,,,
  Me thinks you might need another barn,,,,,WinkWink sure wisht the power steering worked that good on my tractor,,,,,LOL

Edited by desertjoe - 25 Apr 2017 at 1:01pm
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Coggin,,,Them right there are some great pics,,,especially the one with the Series II with the sun coming up behind it,,,good enough for a calendar shot,,,,,,
  Me thinks you might need another barn,,,,,WinkWink sure wisht the power steering worked that good on my tractor,,,,,LOL

The pictures sure do look great.   
Joe just find a big rock to put in the backhoe bucket and extend it out a little she will turn like the front end is floating on air
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:55am
Thanks Joe, just saw your post.  Hopefully yours is up and rocking soon.  

Finally disced the garden last night.  better late than never I guess.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:06am
went ahead and design/created a bracket for an SMV sign.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:15am
Pictures coming. Putting new shoes on the rear
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:46am
Fun to watch on a winter day!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic