This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carburetor for WC Puller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carburetor for WC Puller
    Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:28pm
I was wondering if anyone knew which carburetor is the best for pulling? Is the Marvel Schebler or Zenith the better choice? The engine will be a 226 ci, and running no more than 2000 RPM.
Sponsored Links

Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:31pm
A TSX 464 from a WD45 would be my choice.
SuperM74 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:37pm
Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.
You can't make chicken salad, outta chicken sh*t! Proof's in the pudding!
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 10:35pm
Tsx 67 . Requires modification but flows well. Wi50 sells custom necks for the manifold . Depends where u get one but you may need to modify butterfly shaft also .
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:47am
TSX 464 should be fine for that. Easy to find too. If you plan on building bigger in the future, look into a carb off an E gleaner. I had the # in my head, now drawing a blank. It's a tsx 864 I think. I was running a 464, increased cid. so stepped up carb, wow what a diffference!. I would think it would be fine on a 226 cid, that what it came off of.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
kniesshy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kniesshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 10:14am
So a carb off a gleaner e will make a big difference??
kniesshy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kniesshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 10:15am
Make a difference from a stock wd45 carb that is?
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:25am
Grab # drill bits and drill your jets out 1 or 2 sizes . Remember use # bits not fraction bits !
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:53pm
Yup....start drilling out jets in a carb is not a good idea unless you have a dyno to test your results on.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:10pm

At the minimum a meter to read the stoich.

WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:19pm
HOW YOU FIGURE 1 OR 2 JET SIZES WILL HURT ?  YOU HAVE GUY'S ON HERE BOLTING ON ALL SORTS OF CARBS . DONT YOU THINK THE JET SIZES ARE DIFFERENT IN THOSE CARBS ? I KNOW FOR DAMN SURE THE GLEANER CARB I HAVE HAS A DIFFERENT JET CAUSE I MEASURED THE ORFICE OPENING AND FOUND IT 3 SIZES BIGGER THE TSX 464 STOCK JET ?   BOTH HAD SAME EMULSHION TUBES THO. JET MAY BE LITTLE LARGER DUE TO THE AGE OF USE AND LEAD FUEL BUT FOR SURE IT WAS LARGER THAN A STOCK 464. SO YOU HAVE GUYS ON HERE USING GLEANER CARBS AND LOVE THEM . I KNOW MINE WORKS NICE AND I ALSO HAVE A TSX 464 DRILLED AND WORKING NEVER BETTER WHEN IT COMES TO THROTTLE RESPONSE.ESPECIALLY STARTING.  DONT NEED A DYNO . BUT IF SOMEONE USES THE WRONG DRILL BITS THEY CAN SCREW IT UP MAJORLY. I FIND IT NO DIFFERENT THAN TUNING A HOLLY OR MIKUNI OR KEHIN OR WALBRO. IT'S JUST A SIMPLE UPDRAFT CARB.
SuperM74 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:08pm
Sounds like i might should go with the TSX 464 then. We have a PTO dyno , so i will have plenty of time to do testing. Thanks for the info.
You can't make chicken salad, outta chicken sh*t! Proof's in the pudding!
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 7:10am
My 464 had been drilled, I couldn't keep the fuel mixture rich enough. It may have been something I was overlooking. The E Gleaner carb was just cleaned and put on, I have no problem with mixture now. You see more 464 than anything, I am sure it can be made to do anything...
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 9:12am
COTN I'm sure something was messed up during the modification.  The emulshion tube cannnot be tampered with. The tube is designed by venturi's law according to throat dia. As for the jets they were interchangeable when units went to evevation .  Its funny I bought an ebay carb supposed to be modified professionaly when i got the blasted thing I installed it and it ran like crap! took it off and put it on the shelf and kit the old carb.  Years later when the pulling thing began I took it apart and inspected it and found the idiot didnt take the main jet out of the main holding tube and drilled it to the size of the orfice on the main tube ! He didnt look close enough to see there is jet inside of the holder. i bet it went from a #3 to 1/8th inch  hole.  no way a person will be able adjust that. I found some left over parts from another schebler and started over.  I now find that if you have a leak free intake system and good set of valves in the head a tsx carb is easy to tune. fyi I ordered a new manifold  last fall  installed it on a yard unit and the thing ran like crap or worse ? so i got the carb cleaner out and sprayed around to find it was not sealing at the head. took it back off and layed it on a table to notice surfaces were machined at an angle. so i had to take to my buddys machine shop and true it up taking almost .40 off the thing. junk! reinstalled and ran awesome.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 2:44pm
I've put a few different carbs from the WD-45 and Gleaner E engines on the flowbench to pull some tests.  

Useing what I know these typical carbs will flow and figureing your 226 engine running at 2000 RPM and doing it's hard work at a lower speed than that will not need any more carb than something from a WD45, D-17 or Gleaner E. 

I have some nice take off cores, some bead blasted and rebuilt ones and some real grungy take off's if you would like one.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:25pm
I have never ran under 300 inches and i have always ran the usx 21 that jt richardson put me on ten years ago. They are aggrevating but its a difference you can here and youll get aggrevated enough to try different carbs but you will end up back to the old usx 21 if you ever try one.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 7:01am
Rember pankey was consistantly loseing also.

Be a winner, take your advice from others.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 8:06am
Loosing is not consitent. I prefer to win but be good enough when things go wrong to still stay in the top four. We dont know how many things have to go right for most to place in the top four.heck i can usuall get thrd and fourth on three cylinders .you know why i can say tbat cause i have.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 8:10am
Bigger is better in cfm and cubic inches. A litte piano wire and a small hole drilled in throttle blade fixes most problems with to large of a idle circuit. No such thing as to large a carbura or or camshaft there is however such a thing as to small a cubic inches
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Bigger is better in cfm and cubic inches. A litte piano wire and a small hole drilled in throttle blade fixes most problems with to large of a idle circuit. No such thing as to large a carbura or or camshaft there is however such a thing as to small a cubic inches

The ramblings of an idiot continue....

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 6:04pm
Let me know when someone build a engine way smaller than the cubic inch limit and wins with it.
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 8:12pm

Let me know when someone build a engine way smaller than the cubic inch limit and wins with it.
 Mitch, your way off topic here.  Read the very first post.
 And BTW read about stock tractors in my earlier topic carefully..... It is NOT necessary to build an engine to win at local, for fun pulls. Simply buy or inherit a decent running  tractor and tune it.. reseach the local rules ..make it your own. .    It isn't brain surgery...... or we would have found a cure for you....
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 8:36pm
Yeah ive seen where geb tells you hp wins.
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Gary in da up [QUOTE Gary in da up [QUOTE wrote:

It isn't brain surgery...... or we would have found a cure for you....

ClapClapClap
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 8:21pm
Carburators fuel pasages are engineered to supply fuel for the airfloq they are rated at.so if i was needing to reengineer to larger fuel passages i would want to know where the extra air availability was coming from.
I then would run a carb that can pull the more air and fuel than needed and reduce fuel accordingly.
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 9:59pm

Mine is 241ci running in classes with more cubes then me and I can win....just saying
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:45am
That's a quick way to wind up 100 feet behind the other competitors pank. But that's where you wind up anyway so you don't know the difference or what you are doing wron. Your posts and your results tell us the same story.

Use a carb that is sized for the engine accordingly. To large of a carb will cause a loss or torque through the engines operating range. The larger the carb the slower the air speed. Lower air speed and densitym the less ability to draw and keep fuel atomized.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:07am

No such thing as to large a carbura or or camshaft

You are either
A. Jerking chains
B. A whole lot less knowledgeable than I ever gave you credit for previously,,,,and that wasn't much,,,, believe me.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:09am
Ok believe it one pull you found results of and thats what i done for that one pull. It wasnt a carrer best. Put them little carbs on over fuel them for ignition timing trouble on one cylinder instead of timing from that cylinder for a closer average of the four. With luck you should be fine.

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Feb 2013 at 8:11am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:15am
Why is it all the unbellevaible feet tractors have common ground of wisconsin and arent seen any where but wisconsin.carl beats wi little motof with a litller motor.in wisconsin

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Feb 2013 at 8:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic