This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another wd topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

The other day it was a 12 tractor field... Today it's 42???

Not arguing, just questioning reality.
brad davis said he remembered the cross roads of dixie being a 42 tractor field  when we spoke yesterday. the only place reality needs checked is in wisconsin where egged shaped racing junk pistons and worn takeout jd linners in a engine thats smoking at the end of a pull can win

The link says 6.  I know your measureing skills are bad when we see angle finders used for valve comparisons and the indicator isn't even pointing level.  I didn't know your memory is that bad, talking to someone yesterday and today getting busted with that link. 

Or the logical explanation is that it is a simple matter of someone lying to make themselves appear better.  Lies are getting as old as your love for wi.  Which brings me to another question.  You reccomend him for parts and engine work, but consistantly dis-respect him on the forums. 

I read the rules for kicks.  4 mph and 20% over RPM.  You really build awesome hot rods and target the power crazies to get those kind of results.  It takes all of 60 hp to compete with those kind of rules.

Pistons are egg shaped when new.  If they were round they wouldn't work.

Sorry people, but this pankey fella is really full of BS and arrogant to boot. 
  I am arrogant but i know what i am talking about unlike most and every day more are seeing it as you and others post posts just like this one.

Definition of Arrogant: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

You defiantly got that part right!  Your keyboard ninja skills out weight your measuring and welding skills by a long shot!!
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 6:33pm
I wouldnt be talking about measuring skills especially if i was one purchasing used worn out pistons and sleeves or excuse me cant tell by their measuring when ones worn out. .

Edited by mlpankey - 26 Mar 2013 at 6:38pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 6:51pm
Please explain what is wrong with used sleves pressed in and bored? They are true. New sleves bought for the same purpose still need to be bored.    

Much better than buying a used motor with used sleves, used rings and used pistons don't yoy think?

Go to the classifides. I just busted you up good.
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 6:54pm

I wouldnt be talking about measuring skills especially if i was one purchasing used worn out pistons and sleeves or excuse me cant tell by their measuring when ones worn out. .

Taking one set of sleeves from one application machining them to fit another then boringto fit a set of pistons is far from using worn out parts. You're too ignorant to figure out anything yourself, let alone use a basic set of measuring tools to come up with modern parts to fit an old engine.   Go back to your crank balancer and watch it spin. At least you have the skills to turn a switch on..
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:10pm

having a used piston 15 thousandths under is a worn out piston no matter how less you bore its sleeve.   I have a shop all you and rod have  is your hands in pockets without getting into ring lands etc. as for elliptical yes anyone one the pulling forum should know the skirt measures larger than the top but i forget most havent ever held a piston on this site cause their hands stay in their pockets.

I sell new ross forged pistons in 4.125 bore 2.5 compression height if anyone desires a set and the used ones go into a 55 gallon drum and the recycling yard picks them up .

Edited by mlpankey - 26 Mar 2013 at 7:18pm
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:30pm
Blue, If you pick up a set of combine tires used from a recycler or some other source they will already be mounted on the combine rims that will bolt righ up to your hubs...however I agree since you're a newby, get your tractor going and use the tires that you have and go have some fun. Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 3:31pm

<FONT size=+0>having a used piston 15 thousandths under is a worn out piston no matter how less you bore its sleeve.   I have a shop all you and rod have  is your hands in pockets without getting into ring lands etc. as for elliptical yes anyone one the pulling forum should know the skirt measures larger than the top but i forget most havent ever held a piston on this site cause their hands stay in their pockets.

I sell new ross forged pistons in 4.125 bore 2.5 compression height if anyone desires a set and the used ones go into a 55 gallon drum and the recycling yard picks them up .

Your lack of experience is really showing. Pistons don't wear 15 thousandths. Boreing is a one way operation. "No matter how less you bore it's sleeve". With pank's knowledge there's absolutly no way he has any kind of experience.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by blue924.9 blue924.9 wrote:

what can i all do to get more power out of a wd, i searched and didnt find a whole lot just bunch of thread hijacking by pankey

But at least here you see the hi-jacker is getting his @$$ kicked in a 4mph 3750 pound class......that 42 tractors from memory turn into 6 tractors in reality.  I know it would take serious HP to compete in.  Like in the double didgets kind of serious HP.... like a good 50-70 hp..........the kind of HP that only a savant with his verry own crank welder and grinder could make..... by building the biggest bores and longest strokes known to man.

Ok, I'm done amuseing myself again for the day.

The reality is that you want to go 3mph with your WD and compete.  I gotta say at that slow of a pace, I wouldn't build to much power, you'll just break traction.  Low compression and a stock cam are going to be just fine.  Degree your stock cam in right, grind your valves, back cut them, knock the corners off in the head and manifold.  Put a carb on from a D-17 or Gleaner E and put it in low gear and make your way down the track. 

I'd spend my time and money on finding just the right tire, learn where it likes to be for pressure and where to put your weights.  With all the time and money saved on engine mods I'd build a real nice hitch assembly so you can alwayse keep it at max height and keep the weight off the pan of the sled and on your rear tires where it belongs.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 7:09pm
A little moror that broke the crank in one pull and finished 3 rd is better than a smoking wc being entered twice once by dad and on e by som. How many years ago are those standings you finding. You got your tale beat this year alot of fourth place finishes your proud of isnt it

Edited by mlpankey - 27 Mar 2013 at 7:10pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 7:44pm
Ha ha. It's so easy when someone's so stupid. I'm even able to see all the weights added when hid dad drove in that video and hear the announcer say one puller left in the first class. To top it off there's a time display.

Didn't wi already explain the smoke to you a couple years in a row now? He linked the yt discussion where it was explained. Crankcase evacuater pulling oil from the timeing gears I think.

I'm glad you're not participateing in the video pulloff. It's painfull to watch someone go that slow. To be that far behind you'd be no where near pace.

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 7:49pm
Broken crank huh? Last years results. Pank claims to be doing his own cranks. Low power application at that weight and speed.

Pank's cranks new motto is " we build em with lots a purosity to save weight"

Stop makeing it so easy.
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:05am
 purosity... cast forged that way.... 
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:29am
Its funny....I broke a crank ONCE....when I swapped off some stuff for this 360 inch motor..It was an original WC 4" crank welded to 5 5/8ths. Not a 4.5 crank, a WC crank. It was reground to 1 3/4 journals.  It was running with  for 7 years before I got it. Then I PUNISHED it for a year and a half more, till it finally cracked. I figure it got no less than 200 250 hooks on it before I got it. I know I put a SOLID 50 hooks on it one summer alone. SO lets call it 300 hooks, ON a 4" core crank, On 1 3/4 journal ,  IN 360 inch engine.

What Im getting it is..... here is a motor that should have NEVER lasted as long as it did, made the POWER it did, and get ABUSED the way it did. BUT IT RAN PRETTY WELL.

So PANK, whats your newest excuse for your expertly engineered POS blowing the crank out in 4 or 5 runs? You cant even cobble something together that makes noise, let alone runs dependably..QUIT interrupting positive conversation. Admit you are making  attention noises like a two year old, and leave people alone. You have become a menace to the pulling society..GO AWAY!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 12:58pm
4.820 bores .
it was taken in this cylinder .
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:38pm
allright guys theres a slight modification to the plan. new rules for this year say that stock class tractors may only go 2.5 mph??? is this do able with a stock unit turining stock rpms on 28's in first gear??? 
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 8:49am
Yeah factory rpm and tires tractors factory speed is 2.5 for first gear .allis engineers thought that was the proper speed for plowing ground so the geared most to run it.sounds like rules are pro two cylinder jd. It happens then it will go pro oliver once the fans go away from it being so slow.

Edited by mlpankey - 30 Mar 2013 at 8:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic