This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another wd topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another wd topic
    Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:20am
what can i all do to get more power out of a wd, i searched and didnt find a whole lot just bunch of thread hijacking by pankey
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:47am
Bore stroke and buy a camshaft from me and a set of murphy rockers.
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:22pm
already have a wd 45 crank, what pistons. where can you even get parts both stock and aftermarket for a allis wd or wd 45
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:38pm
If youd like to keep your post from getting hijacked, PM me and Ill see if I can help you out a bit with some numbers and or info..
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:51pm
8 inch LEROI rod 413 CHRYSLER piston be. 380 to 400 below deck

Edited by mlpankey - 25 Mar 2013 at 12:52pm
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:54pm
I'd love to help, but prefer it if you just pm me, as this kind of topic tends to create shouting matches on this forum...what a shameCry Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 1:15pm
Its that time of year for me to order pistons i can order forged 4.125 bore with a 2.58 compression height. Just half down and rest when shippex.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Bore stroke and buy a camshaft from me and a set of murphy rockers.
Who in their right mind is going to buy a camshaft from you? 

Talk to the members who know, the ones who are out there winning, take their advice and stay away from the thread trolling hijacker.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 1:35pm
I want to sell to the crazys that are power nuts and can handle loads of. power. The right minds need to stay with stock cams like you do.
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:35pm
I'll probably kick my self for joining this discussion...but my 1938 WC with a 240 cid engine and a STOCK cam has been our club's "Tractor of the Year" twice, has had dozens of hooks with around an 80% winning average, and has never blown up!! Kip
bmartin55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmartin55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:14pm
kip  what tires do u run on your wc.... thanks bob
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:15pm
so where do you get parts like cams and pistons and stuff like that
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:46pm
Bob, I run a set of "irrigation center pivot tires" imported cheap no-names that look similar to 33 degree Firestones. Size 14.9x24 on factory pressed steel wheels. Also run 4.00x15 tri ribs on the front on RC rims.
Blue...A lot of the kinds of parts I use can be bought from vendors advertising on this site!
Kip 
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:55am
would i be going too fast with 38 inch tires, it has either 28s or 30s on it now, 3 mph is the fastest speed
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:22am
yeap you would be speeding then throttle back to turn horn off before 100ft and wait for sled to catch you then throttle up and keep trucking if you have the snott in the motor to do so.

Edited by mlpankey - 26 Mar 2013 at 8:23am
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:26am
so whats the biggest i can go without going too fast
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:50am

I want to sell to the crazys that are power nuts and can handle loads of. power. The right minds need to stay with stock cams like you do.

Possiably some participation in the video pulloff thread would boost your sales.  Or some good rap from other members.  None of which you have.  The only thing you have is results of being 50 to 100 feet behind the leaders, old posts about how your cam didn't work and that you had to buy one figured out by someone else.

I do like how you finally admitted that when timeing the cam, bushing placement is critical, or the change wouldn't be as advertised.

Not causeing trouble.  Just stateing the facts to sway new members away from snake oil salesmen and spend their money where it counts.

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:56am

Yes to the inferior machinist they could get the bushing off but as to my caliber  it was dead on at first attempt . Not causing any trouble just stating facts . Alot of people find that placing in the top four of a 42 tractor field ok as well . As far as snake oil salesman I am not the one telling people they can win with used egged shaped pistons from racing junk and wornout take out sleeves from john deere. In fact i tell them when they have big dreams and 1500 for a budget to call wi in wisconsin cause apparently dreams come true in wisconsin . however wi was talking about the budget it took to run last year and it was well over 1500.  If budget doesnt matter you would see saturday night dirt track cars in nascar but budget does matter and a late model budget wise and car wise cant hang with a cup car but if you have the budget to purchase a cup motor for your late model your ahead of most .

Edited by mlpankey - 26 Mar 2013 at 10:07am
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:01am
The other day it was a 12 tractor field... Today it's 42???

Not arguing, just questioning reality.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

brad davis said he remembered the cross roads of dixie being a 42 tractor field  when we spoke yesterday. the only place reality needs checked is in wisconsin where egged shaped racing junk pistons and worn takeout jd linners in a engine thats smoking at the end of a pull can win

Edited by mlpankey - 26 Mar 2013 at 10:10am
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:16am
I hate to break your heart pank, but I checked out that link to the corssroads of dixie where you were 50 feet behind the leaders and placed in the top 4.

It says there was 6 entries

3rd out of 6 in a stock class isn't bad.  Not as glammy as 3rd out of 42 in some super modified national class........

I'm sorry fella's.  I'm just amuseing myself (at the VI's expense)

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

I hate to break your heart pank, but I checked out that link to the corssroads of dixie where you were 50 feet behind the leaders and placed in the top 4.

It says there was 6 entries

3rd out of 6 in a stock class isn't bad.  Not as glammy as 3rd out of 42 in some super modified national class........

I'm sorry fella's.  I'm just amuseing myself (at the VI's expense)

It wasnt a stock clas . But it was several more entries than your pulls on youtube when winning is just you or your dad getting further down the track on the same tractor. two entries marty and his dad same tractor . so whos better driver dad or marty

Edited by mlpankey - 26 Mar 2013 at 10:22am
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:34am

brad davis said he remembered the cross roads of dixie being a 42 tractor fieldĀ  when we spoke yesterday. the only place reality needs checked is in wisconsin where egged shaped racing junk pistons and worn takeout jd linners in a engine thats smoking at the end of a pull can win

Ohh getting all defensive are we?? Looks like I poked a sensitive subject. Also looks like Wi posted the facts. You're a liar spunk, go home.

If you haven't noticed the forum was peaceful the last few days when you were quiet and not spilling your bs all over.

Again... Not arguing, just stating the facts ;)
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:47am
Pank you are so quick to point out that you aren't causing trouble ... And all we have to do is go back to the "SMACK" post a few weeks ago to see that you are in fact causing trouble. Even the posters who put threads on here state that they don't want you hijacking their thread....
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 11:26am
Blue, Even a stock WD will get speeding tickets in a 3 mph class with 38" tires. If your rules allow get a set of 16.9x26 or 14.9x28 tires and wheels with 8 bolt centers off a Gleaner or JD combine. They will bolt right up to your tractor and get rid of your power adjust wheels and some weight as well. This will allow you some extra rpms without blowing the horn. A couple of guys in our club pull WDs like this and do really well. I'm really at a disadvantage on my WC with 14.9x24s on narrow 8" factory rims, but have figured out a way to make it work. KipWink
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 11:48am
Funny you should bring that up..80% 0f the time, I like my 14.9 x 38s on a 12 inch rim. The only time it really hurts me is when its WET and SOFT. But thats what the 16.9 38s are for. On dry stuff Ill take a narrow rim / tall tire any day
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 2:42pm

brad davis said he remembered the cross roads of dixie being a 42 tractor field  when we spoke yesterday. the only place reality needs checked is in wisconsin where egged shaped racing junk pistons and worn takeout jd linners in a engine thats smoking at the end of a pull can win

The link says 6.  I know your measureing skills are bad when we see angle finders used for valve comparisons and the indicator isn't even pointing level.  I didn't know your memory is that bad, talking to someone yesterday and today getting busted with that link. 

Or the logical explanation is that it is a simple matter of someone lying to make themselves appear better.  Lies are getting as old as your love for wi.  Which brings me to another question.  You reccomend him for parts and engine work, but consistantly dis-respect him on the forums. 

I read the rules for kicks.  4 mph and 20% over RPM.  You really build awesome hot rods and target the power crazies to get those kind of results.  It takes all of 60 hp to compete with those kind of rules.

Pistons are egg shaped when new.  If they were round they wouldn't work.

Sorry people, but this pankey fella is really full of BS and arrogant to boot. 

Edited by Rod B - 26 Mar 2013 at 2:43pm
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 3:07pm
[QUOTE=Kip-Utah] Blue, Even a stock WD will get speeding tickets in a 3 mph class with 38" tires. If your rules allow get a set of 16.9x26 or 14.9x28 tires and wheels with 8 bolt centers off a Gleaner or JD combine. They will bolt right up to your tractor and get rid of your power adjust wheels and some weight as well. This will allow you some extra rpms without blowing the horn. A couple of guys in our club pull WDs like this and do really well. I'm really at a disadvantage on my WC with 14.9x24s on narrow 8" factory rims, but have figured out a way to make it work. KipWink[/

can i run these sized tires on the stock rims? if not what is the biggest. the reason i ask is cause i wasnt planning on getting new rims this season, i probably will in the near future and even if i wanted to i dont think i would have time to get them  switched before pullin time as i have other stuff to get done also.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 3:22pm
Blue, around here the rules are usually 4 or 5 mph pace and not much for rpm rules. As long as you are under 3000 or so nobody will raise an eyebrow. With 38" rubber my wd45 is even a tad fast for 4mph. a wd is a bit faster gearing and you're 3mph pace will hold it back to short tires or low rpm.

I don'thave much of a motor in it, 240 cubes at 11.25 to 1 comp ratio, pistons quench to the head and have bowls in them. A stock cam degreed in to a 104 or 105 intake centerline. Works fine. I'll sell the complete short block assembly sometime if it intrests you. But I'm in no hurry to, as I just don't have time to mess with putting another. One togather
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

The link says 6.  I know your measureing skills are bad when we see angle finders used for valve comparisons and the indicator isn't even pointing level.  I didn't know your memory is that bad, talking to someone yesterday and today getting busted with that link. 

Or the logical explanation is that it is a simple matter of someone lying to make themselves appear better.  Lies are getting as old as your love for wi.  Which brings me to another question.  You reccomend him for parts and engine work, but consistantly dis-respect him on the forums. 

I read the rules for kicks.  4 mph and 20% over RPM.  You really build awesome hot rods and target the power crazies to get those kind of results.  It takes all of 60 hp to compete with those kind of rules.

Pistons are egg shaped when new.  If they were round they wouldn't work.

Sorry people, but this pankey fella is really full of BS and arrogant to boot. 
  I am arrogant but i know what i am talking about unlike most and every day more are seeing it as you and others post posts just like this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic