This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Gleaner K2 corn head alignment problem

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
dertz19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Location: Minnesota
Points: 103
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dertz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaner K2 corn head alignment problem
    Posted: 2 hours 39 minutes ago at 9:42pm
I purchased a '78 K2 Corn/Soybean Special a couple years ago, that came with a grain head. This spring I acquired a low profile black A330 corn header, from a gentleman who had used it on multiple K2's for his test plot business. I assumed these would be similar vintage and align.....I discovered that the sprocket on the cylinder drive shaft on the combine is about 1" off to align with the innermost sprocket on the corn header. Any advice?



Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Location: Paris Tn
Points: 3739
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 56 minutes ago at 11:25pm
You need the double 13 tooth sprocket on the thresher countershaft - will try to get pn tomorrow. 
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Back to Top
dertz19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Location: Minnesota
Points: 103
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dertz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 41 minutes ago at 11:40pm
A double sprocket was what I was suspecting... I've got parts books and manuals I've been researching- are both sprockets the same size- 13T? For a K2? I've got a parts book that shows an inner 13 tooth sprocket and an outer 25 tooth sprocket, for a K2.

Thanks!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.080 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum