Print Page | Close Window

Gleaner K2 corn head alignment problem

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212465
Printed Date: 10 Oct 2026 at 12:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Gleaner K2 corn head alignment problem
Posted By: dertz19
Subject: Gleaner K2 corn head alignment problem
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2026 at 9:42pm
I purchased a '78 K2 Corn/Soybean Special a couple years ago, that came with a grain head. This spring I acquired a low profile black A330 corn header, from a gentleman who had used it on multiple K2's for his test plot business. I assumed these would be similar vintage and align.....I discovered that the sprocket on the cylinder drive shaft on the combine is about 1" off to align with the innermost sprocket on the corn header. Any advice?






Replies:
Posted By: tbran
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2026 at 11:25pm
You need the double 13 tooth sprocket on the thresher countershaft - will try to get pn tomorrow. 

-------------
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..


Posted By: dertz19
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2026 at 11:40pm
A double sprocket was what I was suspecting... I've got parts books and manuals I've been researching- are both sprockets the same size- 13T? For a K2? I've got a parts book that shows an inner 13 tooth sprocket and an outer 25 tooth sprocket, for a K2.

Thanks!



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net