![]() |
This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity. | |||||
| The Forum | Parts and Services | Unofficial Allis Store | Tractor Shows | Serial Numbers | History | |
Gleaner K2 corn head alignment problem |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
dertz19
Bronze Level
Joined: 22 Sep 2009 Location: Minnesota Points: 103 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Topic: Gleaner K2 corn head alignment problemPosted: 2 hours 13 minutes ago at 9:42pm |
|
I purchased a '78 K2 Corn/Soybean Special a couple years ago, that came with a grain head. This spring I acquired a low profile black A330 corn header, from a gentleman who had used it on multiple K2's for his test plot business. I assumed these would be similar vintage and align.....I discovered that the sprocket on the cylinder drive shaft on the combine is about 1" off to align with the innermost sprocket on the corn header. Any advice?
![]() ![]() |
|
![]() |
|
| Sponsored Links | |
![]() |
|
tbran
Orange Level
Joined: 14 Sep 2009 Location: Paris Tn Points: 3739 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 30 minutes ago at 11:25pm |
|
You need the double 13 tooth sprocket on the thresher countershaft - will try to get pn tomorrow.
|
|
|
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
|
|
![]() |
|
dertz19
Bronze Level
Joined: 22 Sep 2009 Location: Minnesota Points: 103 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 15 minutes ago at 11:40pm |
|
A double sprocket was what I was suspecting... I've got parts books and manuals I've been researching- are both sprockets the same size- 13T? For a K2? I've got a parts book that shows an inner 13 tooth sprocket and an outer 25 tooth sprocket, for a K2.
Thanks!
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
|
|
Tweet
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |